1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love for Vanilla

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

1 You don't have to take mechakitty hsg, spitfire is still great at killing order dudes.
    2 If you go first you can pay for extra reserve and completely hide kitty/Krit "combo"
    3 My point was mostly about how good Krit is, with only one of many things being fixing aggressive Str based units.

infyrana likes this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Yes, and you do you. My point is that Krit is good and your opponent will realize this as soon as "Heavy Shotgun" and "NCO" leaves your lips so whether you have revealed the combo or not your opponent will likely try and at least somewhat counter Krit - and what works against Krit works against Su-Jian. Oh and going first will probably force you to reveal the attack vector prior to opponent deployment while going second will allow your opponent to fire those Pitchers if they have any.

So what I'm arguing is that you may want to make use of that vanilla power and diversify your attack vector somewhat and that the initial list with Jing Qo and Zhencha to get to hard-to reach spots looked pretty damned interesting. They're two very similar lists that work in very different terrain types, mainly since Krit is terrible at vertical play (when and if your opponent is able to actually deploy counters) the list that relies on Krit wants flat terrain. If I don't know my opponent and don't know the terrain all too well, I'd go for the first list rather than the second, as much as I love Krit.

Joametz and infyrana like this.
  3. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I think both of you guys are correct. Even though you can make Krit and SuJi work well togheter, there are downsides. Same is true with the other list; there rarely isn't any downside when making a choice in Infinity (unless you're playing Varuna I guess :salt:).
    • @Willen played a Krit + Guijia list against me the other day and he really delivered, so I wanted to try it out for myself. It may very well be redundant to play both the cat and the robot-doctor togheter, but I don't get to play that many games a week so maybe I'm just pilling everything I want to try out in the same list :P
    • I played a Liang Kai's WB list the other day against a friend's JSA and half way through I wanted him to be Jing Qo so bad! I created the Jing Qo + Zhencha list mainly because I want to try her out but I also wanna try Vanilla out (with Kuang Shi and the like)
    Your takes and insights on the lists and the game are really refreshing for me, since I don't get to play that much Infinity with quarantine still going, so thanks for that!

infyrana and Mahtamori like this.
  4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I'm with you on games. The last few I hardly tried to make a optimal list because there were many things I just wanted to try out.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation