1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looting&Sabotaging - are the AC2's overpowered...?

Discussion in 'ITS' started by theomc, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Totally.

L&S has always been in my "unholy trinity" of most despised missions in the game.

1. Decapitation in Season 10 & 11 (although it was fixed halfway in S11).
      This bullshit mission allowed you to be 5-0 on literally the first order of the game if you or your opponent went first and had an Impersonator to kill the Designated Target.

2. Acquisition in Season 10 & 11.
      Oh, you're going second? Your chance to win literally increased to 99%.
      The objectives were so terribly written that literally every single other objetive in the didn't matter, as long as you ended turn 3 by touching the Tech Coffin, you would win.
      I've had crushing defeats and still managed easy wins because touching the Tech Coffin was easily achievable.

3. L&S since it was introduced for literally the exact reasons in the quote above me.
      The amount of factions that gets excluded is staggering but it gets even worse by the fact that I've seen very impressive players perform worse than usual in tournaments, because they were either stuck with their best faction against this mission or forced to pick armies they weren't sure they were able to play just as well as their main faction.
      The fact that they made it even worse is impressive to be honest

Amusedbymuse, Geodron and Diphoration like this.
  2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

The concept is similar, but I think they'll play pretty differently. Mindwipe plays around spending a turn or two setting up a fairly methodical run into your opponent's DZ to hunt down a specific target, often you only break something on the final turn of the mission. Moving them forwards away from entrenched defenses and making the targets indiscriminate promotes a more frenetic paced game built around striking targets of opportunity.

Locking them to damaging one per turn also encourages the players to burn orders hitting the objectives every turn instead of just punching each other in the dick really hard for the first two turns of the game.

Mahtamori and RolandTHTG like this.
  3. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

L&S could be salvaged if they just let any CC weapon work on it excluding monofilament which could use PH as normal.

But the anti material is both arbitrary and not something built into factions to account for it.

4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Still one of my most disliked missions. For me it's almost impossible with Yu Jing. YJ has very few Anti-material CCWs and those that do start in deployment. D-Charges are marginally better. I still don't understand why monofilament is not AM. It can cut a TAG in half but it's not AM? If I was going to be in a tournament I would play CA where I have the tools to get the job done.

5. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

Same reason a giant wolf man with a tank killing knife is completely harmless to it.

Delta57Dash and Space Ranger like this.
  6. Space Ranger

They need to get rid of the stupid Anti-Material weapon needed. Give if more wounds or something if that's that easy but make it so at least all factions have a chance!

7. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

It was almost tolerable when they made it so that placing D-Charges would do the job.

Whoever made the changes made a dumb fucking decision, I'm just gonna say it. I don't know if it was HellLois, or someone else at CB, or some community guy, but whoever made the decision needs to step back from making decisions about tournament gameplay because they clearly don't know how it works. What's more, posting the ruling on it in the WarCor subforum and not revealing it to the community at large just creates "gotcha" rulings.

To be frank, I think the community should just make it clear to CB that we're not gonna play with the ADS because it's a dumb, poorly-thought out rule.

Space Ranger and Triumph like this.
  8. Space Ranger

Again, this makes me think they don't play their own game anymore. If they just play tested seriously they would have seen problems before hand. It's the age old "what looks good on paper, doesn't always work on the table." Well they are only doing paper.

9. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

If only it was posted in the warcor forums, the warcor could've shared the information, but the answer was posted in another subforum.

10. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

well there is your problem

11. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

This is the answer you were looking for. I don't know why @HellLois forgot to reply here
    upload_2021-11-17_15-55-52.png

Given that, every time someone interact with an element with ADS, you get hit with a CC roll that rolled an 8 no matter what.
    If you are using a CC weapon, it is a FtF against that roll.
    If you are placing a deployable (D-Charges), the ADS has a Normal roll against you. And it cannot miss you, buddy!

JoKeR likes this.
  12. Hecaton

Until it's posted in a forum that everyone can see I'm not going to treat it as a ruling, especially because it makes the scenarios with the ADS much, much worse and unbalanced.

kinginyellow likes this.
  13. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Not sure I see it that way.

Scenario is a bit of a stinker, but at least with that ruling it won't extremely favour certain factions quite as much. Plus, it's always nice to have some sort of guidance on when an issue is completely open to interpretation.

Still, the best interpretation is to not play this scenario.

Diphoration likes this.
  14. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

We're playing a "Turkey Tournament" for Thanksgiving, where you take a notoriously bad model/link and try to make it work.
    I've played two games with the Iguana, and honestly it hasn't been THAT bad. First game it survived a charging JSA CC guy (can't remember which, not the best, but not the worst), managed to be a repeater to isolate a Rui Shi and then weather enough fire to get to the AC2 and do a structure.
    Second game it did a lot less, but did managed to take out an opposing HMG, and then got stuck in CC (with another JSA CC guy) and survive to the end of the game.

15. Hecaton

Nah, the AC2 makes it *more* unbalanced. Especially with the ruling that you can't just place D-Charges on it without getting zapped. Every faction has access to D-charges, and enough d-charges will blow up the AC2 pretty well so it worked.

kinginyellow likes this.
  16. Space Ranger

I don't know why I feel like I need to do things like this. Personality quirk? lol

My friend said about these missions that need these weapons that "well all of the factions have a problem with them." I said "I beg to differ". I went through and just looked up raw number of Anti-Material CCW and D-Charges for each faction. As you can see they wildly differ. They differ not only in number but also what kind of troop has them and the cost of the troop.

I have NOT allowed for AVA1 some of them yet. This is just raw number of choices the faction has too choose from. For instance PO has 4 different Joan's with EXP to choose from.

Also note some may have less than others, but they may have them on troops that have abilities like Infiltration or combat jump. For instance Tohaa has one infiltration DA CCW, and 1 combat jump D-Charges. PanO's majority of CCW starts in Deployment.

PanO Vanilla
    40 Anti-Material CCW
    24 D-Charges

Yu Jing Vanilla
    19 Anti-Material CCW
    22 D-Charges

Ariadna Vanilla
    8 Anti-Material CCW
    39 D-Charges

Haqqislam Vanilla
    14 Anti-Material CCW
    26 D-Charges

Nomads Vanilla
    26 Anti-Material CCW
    31 D-Charges

Combined Army Vanilla
    33 Anti-Material CCW
    32 D-Charges

Aleph Army Vanilla
    38 Anti-Material CCW
    21 D-Charges

Tohaa
    8 Anti-Material CCW
    18 D-Charges

JSA (I'm not doing all NA2)
    12 Anti-Material CCW
    9 D-Charges

O-12 Vanilla
    15 Anti-Material CCW
    19 D-Charges

17. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

I didn't know this was a restricted forum.
    Anyway, you can okay however the fuck you want, even with rockpaperscissor, but THAT is how it should be played.

I just posted it because someone is too lazy or careless to do it himself

fatherboxx and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It isn't about the size of your D-Charge, it's about where... okay I'll stop there.

To the actual point, though, is that the amount of D-Charge profiles you have in a faction is fairly irrelevant. A Tokusetsu is incredibly bad at placing the D-Charge and might as well not be counted, for example. It's about how good the infiltration is, how good the marker state is, how good the damage resilience is, and how good the hacking protection is for the unit in question. And no, that's not a linear scale.

19. Space Ranger

Very true. Like I said, some have less number but they have it where it counts. But again some factions have it and some don't.

20. Hecaton

It's not. But HellLois didn't post it.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation