1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looting and Sabotage -first SP List

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by cueamen, Jan 16, 2018.

1. cueamen

cueamen Member

Hi All.

I will play against Nomads (Vanilla or Corregidor) or CA (Vanilla or Onyx) this saturday. This would be my first game with Aleph. I thought I would go with SP.

Based on the input within the "Help a SP Noob" thread I tried to build my list for next saturday. I would be appreciate if you "experts" could have a look a my list and give me some advice what I could improve. If possible I would keep Hector (I really like the sculp) but in general I am open and when it turns out to remove Hector.....then I will do it :)

Thank you

Cue

[​IMG] Steel Phalanx
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] MACHAON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 38)
    [​IMG] MYRMIDON Spitfire, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 31)
    [​IMG] MYRMIDON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] SCYLLA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Maestro) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser + 2 Devabots Charybdis / Pistol, E/M CC Weapon. (0.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] DEVABOT CHARYBDIS Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (7)
    [​IMG] HECTOR Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser, Stun Grenades + 1 TinBot A / Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 71)
    [​IMG] THORAKITES HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] THORAKITES Feuerbach, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] THORAKITES Submachine gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 15)
    [​IMG] MYRMIDON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] THORAKITES Marksman Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Why do you waste points in the Myrmidons and not bring Phoenix? Onyx and EC will tear you a new one with plasma weapons.

Why do you bring Hector and not make him Lt? You lose use of his Strategos N1 and as soon as your enemy sees you limited to 10 regular orders he will know the LT is Machaon...

Why do you bring 4 Thorakites? You will only be able to link 3 of them, NONE are engineers (good luck if the enemy imposes IMM2 on Hector) and you seem to go setting them up for ARO...

The only enomotarcos is Machaon, who won't be team leader ever, but frankly speaking, a look at your deployment and I will happily fire at him and sacrifice a troop to your fire... (I'm talking about MY ARO, not yours!).

Expect Marksmanship 2 from supportware when facing Onyx... or "in tha face" monkey shotguns.

Why are you not using a 20 points Ekdromoi? He has an Antimaterial weapon!

3. cueamen

cueamen Member

Hi Xagroth.
    Thanks for your feedback...i pasted the wrong list it seem (I have overseen the 4 Thorakites, thought I changed that already). But based on your feedback I had to change a lot anyway :)

Below the new list:
    1 Team with Phoenix as team lead and two Myrm
    1 Team with Hector as team lead and 3 Thorakties
    Machon alone, Scylla for hacking and the Ekdromoi for some suprise :)

[​IMG] Steel Phalanx
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] PHOENIX Heavy Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 40)
    [​IMG] MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] MYRMIDON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] HECTOR Lieutenant Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser, Stun Grenades + 1 TinBot A / Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 71)
    [​IMG] THORAKITES Feuerbach, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] THORAKITES Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] THORAKITES HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] EKDROMOS Chain Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] MACHAON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 38)
    [​IMG] SCYLLA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Maestro) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser + 1 Devabot Charybdis / Pistol, E/M CC Weapon. (0.5 | 27)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] DEVABOT CHARYBDIS Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (7)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

4. Pietras404

Pietras404 Active Member

Why Machaon alone? Just link him with Phoenix.

5. cueamen

cueamen Member

To be honest I thought this is not possible because both are officers....do not why I had this in mind.
    So thanks for the advice.

xagroth and Pietras404 like this.
  6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

A lone machaon has a reason d'etre only if you need him to cover the whole table with one or two Yudbots (or even four, since the sectorial allows it XD. Remember you activate only one per order), otherwise it's better to have him in the Fireteam with Phoenix (who will be Rambo'ing all the time, pull ARO duty and, essentially, "carrying" the whole army), so he can patch him up and recover the chain rifle myrms you will end up sacrificing against enemy pawns. Also, Phoenix doesn't have Eclipse Smoke, while Machaon does!

Remember all of them have pistols, so you can FtF with a 16 pts myrm!

As I see your list, I can imagine your tactic: Rambo with the Myrms, advance once or so with the Thoras to enter the "-3" range of Hector's rifle (who will turn into a 0 with his X Visor) and use those three as ARO pieces to back up the Myrmidons. Then advance with the myrms and use Scylla has midfield board control, keep her close to the Thorakites to give them that side protection and to repair the Devabot as needed (it's your only sacrificial piece there, I'm afraid, since Machaon will be away).

7. cueamen

cueamen Member

Hi Xagroth.
    Thank you for the explanation about Machaon! I will try my best next Saturday to win with this tactic....thanks again for your hints.

Cheers
    Cue

xagroth likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation