1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Aleph Assistance.

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Captain927, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Captain927

Captain927 Shotguns and Scotch Runs.

Can you explain the purpose of the High Functionary?

2. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

It's the official hvt of the faction, like the S2 version of voronin in ariadna or the neoterra executive in panoc. Each faction has one.

Captain927 likes this.
  3. Captain927

and what is the difference between the high functionary and the deva functionaries? Why choose them over other units?

4. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

The deva is an actual troop, the high functionary is just a civilian made to be used as HVT in game. You can use any S2 miniature as HVT through, i often use the hazmat from dire foe.

5. pedrogzc

pedrogzc Well-Known Member

You could use the high functionary as Deva, of you want. I was very fortunate of getting one sculpt of the aleph figure of the RPG and use him as Deva spitfire

Enviado desde mi SM-J330FN mediante Tapatalk

6. Captain927

Hi All,

Just another follow up question. I picked up the Davanas and Karkata. Using Infinity Army Mobile, I can't find a profile for the Karkata; Even with the Davanas. Where would I find this information and/or how do you use the pair?

Thanks

7. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

It's not a pair. Dana's is it's own thing.

Karkata is the minibot that can pop out of Marut. Check Marut entry and Remote pilot skill.

8. Captain927

Ah. So now I need a marut. Perfect.

Thanks for the help.

DukeofEarl and Nemo No Name like this.
  9. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

You always need a Marut. Always. It's the Law. :grinning:

regelridderen likes this.
  10. Captain927

Odd to pair the Karkata with the Danavas if it's needed with the Marut.

11. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a bit strange, but the danava is also one of the best buddies for your Marut - she can protect it from many things and can buff remotes.

A base list for the Marut can be something like this:
    [​IMG] ALEPH
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]6
    [​IMG] MARUT Lieutenant (Strategos L3) MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Nanopulser / AP CCW. (3 | 120)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] KARKATA Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
    [​IMG] MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] ZAYIN Rebot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    [​IMG] LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] DANAVAS Hacker (Hacking Device Plus. UPGRADE: Maestro) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] PROXY Mk.1 Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

4.5 SWC | 208 Points

Open in Infinity Army

You have the Marut and a myrmidon for smoke duty, an engineer and a zayin to cover the TAG. I put a lamedh for cheap order and repeater, you can also use a probot or simply use the pitcher. The danava can buff the zayin for additionnal lethality, use white noise with it to kill some MSV2, is a threat to any assault hacker that want to come close to your TAG, and if the worst happens, can free the TAG with exorcism. The danava has some other programs like U-turn and hack transport if whose situations arise.

12. Nemo No Name

Marut is an old sculpt; Karkata (as for all pilots) were only added recently to TAG profiles so they needed to package it with something.

Danavas was coming out at roughly the right time, so they stuck them together to our great sorrow.

Yeah, not a best buddy, just another hacker. Thamyris or Proxy Mk.I are just as useful.

13. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

I disagree - she is far more a threat from enemy hackers than Mk.1 or Thamyris, because of maestro, which is also a very good defensive program if she is under attack. Plus she has white noise. For a similar cost than Thamyris - and you can take a Mk.1 engineer instead.

14. Nemo No Name

Meh. Any KHD will kill her easily anyway. Meanwhile, both Thamyris and especially Mk.I are much more resistant to other types of attacks.

And realistically, I expect Thamyris and Mk.I to hold their own in hacking fights as well, simply by either forcing opponent to use Trinity (which has no modifiers) or do 2 Wounds to them. Meanwhile Danavas just takes 1W and is removed.

White Noise is the only noticeable advantage of her, and if you have Marut, MSV troopers are rarely a big issue anyway.

15. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

She is great, no doubt about it - the greatest utility hacker in vanilla/vedic. It's just, that there is no particular synergy with the Marut – White Noise will block the maruts LOS, and the marut can already bring daikini, lamedhs and probots by itself. She has much better synergy with a myrmidon/patroclus/achilles, where she can make use of that White Noise to shore up their weaknesses, and when it comes to fighting hackers, an infiltrated KHD (or just a gun) will do a much better job.

But having an opponent place his MSV2+ ready to counter an Achilles charge, when you then plunk down a White Noise template is priceless.

16. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

The danava is the only one among those 3 who has a marker state, thus making her more resistant to KHD, and seriously, you're really comparing brain blast and maestro ? Plus she is the cheapest pair of hacker + engineer, unless you're taking a thorakitai engineer.

Your KHD won't be able to use exorcism, nor buff the zayin, and won't protect the TAG from an overlord by a hidden AHD ARO, while exorcism can free your Lt before you're in loss of lieutenant state. I think that the Marut, being not only a very pricy TAG but also the lieutenant, need the extra coverage. Among them, a buffed zayin is a very scary defense.

17. Nemo No Name

Yes, I'm comparing their totality of effects. While in any one go Maestro is indeed improvement over Brain Blast (although note, you cannot kill troopers with NWI or Dogged with Maestro), Danavas still only has one wound and is pathetic at any other types of attacks.

Cybermask is all nice and fine if you get to put it on her and keep it there.

No, technically Thamyris is cheapest by 1 point (24 to Danavas 25), and you take the same Engineer. Not that it matters that much. Also note that EVO Hacker is the same price as Danavas.

Exorcism sounds better than it is on table. For one, you need to have Hacking area next to Marut, which begs the question, how did that AHD got near Marut anyway. Pitchers are all nice and fine but on the table, 1 die on 14s... Yeah, sure. I tried doing it with Thamyris on 15s too many times to know just how unreliable it is.
    For another, you cannot ARO with it - you must do it in your Active turn.
    And then there is the Command Token negation, although it is still undecided does it happen before or after LoL check.

In any case, this is a moot discussion. Danavas is perfectly fine as a Hacker to accompany Marut, but she is not particularly good at it, just one of the options.

18. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I remember a long discussion somewhere stating that Maestro make you go straight to Unconscious, bypassing the NWI/Dogged effect. So no problem on that side.

TO or AD hacker are very good to go wherever they want, no matter the defense you have. Ask your MK2 hacker.

I aggree with all of that. My standard Marut list includes 1 zayin, 1 Daikini HMG or a second zayin and a Danava (+mk2 hacker). Danava make a good job defending the Marut, white noise also allow you to use the Zayin/Daikini HMG offensively against MSV2 targets and a buffed Zayin/Daikini HMG is a very good secondary offensive tool (for when you don't wan't to move the Marut through the board to shoot someone)

Nenyx likes this.
  19. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

They had to sell the remote with something, in PanO the Techbee comes with the crabbot (their "minibot"), while for CA the Raicho pilot comes with the Sphinx minibot... and the minibot for the Xeodrones, Overdrones and Avatar comes with the new Avatar XD

20. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

My bad, i wrote it by memory and believed he was 27 pts.

Nemo No Name likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation