1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a specific alternative to ITS

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Mahtamori, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

On the old forums someone posted a homebrewed game system where you had a deck of cards, lovingly illustrated with gritty sci-fi images made by the poster's friend, wherein you drew 5 cards which dictated the mission - the active player had the option to discard one of the cards and draw a new one. Missions could be accomplished both in active and reactive turn and had a wide variety of tasks from performing a surprise attack to winning a face to face in reactive turn, requiring the presence of a single HVT, a single VIP, a single tech coffin and a single antenna (if memory serves).

I have not been able to find it through searching. Does anyone have a link saved, know who posted it, or have the pdf/jpg of the cards saved?

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That wasn't 20x20, was it? That'd be something @ijw was hosting.

3. Mahtamori

No, it's not 20x20, it was a more dynamic system and the rules for it literally fit on one of the cards, using a standard 12" deployment zone with the same number of objective targets each game (but placed by the players alternating between them for each item, so never the same board set up).
    I mean, there's the whole meta-game with replacing objectives each player turn where you could try and get more opportunities to score objectives or deny scoring opportunities for your opponent. Got enemy Shinobu close to your dudes? Remove the assassinate objective. Drew a interrogate HVT card instead? Better race to the HVT that both have been ignoring thus far. You're winning that race but didn't make it this turn? Your opponent just discarded that objective and picked up the loot supply box objective that you've got an engineer close to, pure win, unless your opponent can beat you to it in their active turn.

4. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

5. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Section9, taylor, Stiopa and 2 others like this.
  6. Mahtamori

TACOS! That's it! Thank you @Xeurian !

Heh. I was searching on the wrong forums :p

taylor and Xeurian like this.
  7. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

No problemo! Just noticing a small error in the OP of that thread:

Should say "[...] places the first marker, which can't be on a building or in a deployment zone and has a exclusion zone of 8" - which also excludes other objective markers."

taylor likes this.
  8. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Thanks for posting that, @Xeurian - I probably would have missed this completely. You're a gentleman and a scholar.

9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

How the heck did I not see TACOS? :headscratch:

I'm usually all over scenario ideas!

10. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Would love to see this get more traction, maybe a minor revision to clean up any rules issues or typos or anything that might be lingering - and then make a bit of a spash. My local area is always up for fun systems like this.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation