1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for A good flank guard

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by andre61, Apr 3, 2018.

1. mightymuffin

mightymuffin Well-Known Member

My 2p;

I actually quite like the Vol with LGL; mainly for a bit of template shenanigans in ARO when a 2nd fireteam member also gets to shoot back. (Though I never use them for spec firing - Cameronians and Wulvers do that so much better!)

Although I'd recommend dropping the Rifle Vol down to a Chainrifle; I either go for the full paramedic or just a chainrifle, as the rifle load-out tends to only be useful as my Lt, (or an Lt decoy).

As for the Grey, if they're meant to be an assault team, (i.e. moving up the board into the middle), then the Rifle can be pretty handy once you get there. It just depends on what sort of opponents you go up with as to whether you'll need the Grey AP:HMG to get there, (e.g. TAGs), or can get away with either smoke or just the Vol with HMG.

andre61 and Káosz Brigodéros like this.
  2. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

The Volunteer link team, imo, should always start with a Grey HMG, Isobel T2, and 3 Volunteers with Chain Rifles. If you have the spare points to make a Volunteer into an LGL or Paramedic, that's cool, but not necessary.

This basic setup covers pretty much all of the various range bands, and allows you to lead your gunfighting with your best ARM/BS platform and lots of dice. Burst weight is almost always the best survival tactic.

daboarder and Káosz Brigodéros like this.
  3. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

A lot of really dangerous Rambo options are HI, so don't overlook the gold that is the humble Wardriver.

[​IMG] WARDRIVER Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 19)

If you are going to run one for Classified Objectives anyway (and many people do) you shouldn't overlook the defensive potential of the Hacking Device and Boarding Shotgun combined with Sixth Sense lvl 1.

They aren't a "complete" flank defense in the way a Chain Rifle in a 4+ Fireteam is going to be (or Flame Thrower for you Grunt users out there), but they are worth keeping in mind.

andre61 and colbrook like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation