1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo changed?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Ashtroboy, May 27, 2020.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Exactly one of my points. There are other aspects of the nation that dispel that notion as well but they are the poster boys/girls of sorts. Plus I don't think they would like the secular direction the nation would be heading in. This secular push abck could be because of certain groups in the Haqqislam government pushing back against the Hassassins because they are an outside force the government can't control.

2. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Who says the Bahram is outside of government control? The... government?!?

Look at the pretty chemtrails...

Don't forget the rampant corruption and various flavors of political favoritism. That Dashat guy who's name escapes me at the moment. :)

Teleute and Golem2God like this.
  3. Golem2God

More good points. Thanks for bringing them up.

4. Papa Bey

The only people who think that Haqqislam are "the good guys" are the people reading the travel brochures. :D

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Golem2God

Brochures are filled with information that the travel agencies want to to know. Anything that might turn away customers I is not going to be printed.

6. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Hey, Haqqislam are they good guys. They just don't have any issue in employing worse guys :grinning:

I think the community knows the faults of the Haqqislam, but still like the ideals of the nation. Haqqislam is presented as a religious nation that places a focus science, philosophy, and technology. That the Search of Knowledge is paramount.

But we accept in that every Infinity faction, including our beloved Haqqislam, has grey.

Brunmar likes this.
  7. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

Haqqislam are “good guys” right up to the moment when it’s time to remember about their interests.
    As each faction in the world of infinity, I guess. That’s good, that there are no absolutely good guys.

About logo and changes... that’s good, as I think. (But if they write it properly)
    If they’ll rename khawarij also, I would be happy. (Just a dreams)

Xeurian and Brokenwolf like this.
  8. n-sphere

n-sphere Well-Known Member

I don't know that they are 'good', but the stuff that really sets them off honestly isn't especially threatening to your average person. If someone wants to say the scientific method or math is immoral and whips a mob up into a frenzy to take action to dismantle it, then Hassassins will pretty much live stream that person getting thrown off a building. Is that 'good'? Probably not. Is that threatening to the vast majority of the population? Probably not.

So less of people hearing about their actions and saying 'hassassins are good' and more of them consistently finding themselves saying 'good riddance' after hassassins do something extreme.

Barrogh and Golem2God like this.
  9. Papa Bey

10. Golem2God

I agree with this statement.
    They are like Corvus Belli's take on the Tau from Warhammer 40k. The Tau seem to be the "good guys" from the outset then as you dig deeper and look into the Greater Good & the Etheraels who enforce it that is when things start to unravel. Same with Haqqislam. Good looking on the outside but gets worse & more questionable the more layers of the onion you peel back.

11. SpectralOwl

Yeah, I don't think anyone even brought up the heavily-armed monopolistic merchant cartels or state-sponsored piracy yet. Or the (shudder) shotguns as standard issue, do they even read the Concilium Convention?

Rumdog and Golem2God like this.
  12. Papa Bey

Ahem. That's letters of marque!
    Sure thing Bagh-mari. :D

Brokenwolf likes this.
  13. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Don't forget about the people who are stuck living in the Kum controlled territories...Those poor souls.

But the great thing about Infinity is you get to craft your narrative about your particular force. Like perhaps a humanitarian medical relief force that keeps being pulled into crazy events...

Golem2God likes this.
  14. Golem2God

And the Hassassins are another story altogether. They seem to have a choke hold on the nation that many outside of their numbers would like to see gone. One has to wonder when these other parts of Haqqislam will eventually topple the Hassassins from their perch permanently. Just like what happened in history to the actual Hassassins of the past when the Mongols were convinced of removing them.

15. n-sphere

n-sphere Well-Known Member

I don't think they'll topple the Hassassins, because heavily armed monopolistic merchant cartels and state sponsored pirates know for an absolute fact that they need to conduct themselves in an enlightened manner or they'll be brutally murdered by a death cult that worships the enlightenment. You can be a ruthless space pirate furthering an agenda. You just have to be intellectually honest and principled about it. Hassassins don't control the factions, they control the rules the various factions play by and do so without interest in the end result as long as the rules were followed.

In essence the absolute power hungry psychopath knows that they can weaponize intellectual honesty against their foes and know any intellectual dishonesty on their part can be weaponized against them. Haqq politicians are like politicians everywhere, they are selfish people drawn to power. The selective forces they operate under are simply different. Your average Haqq citizen appears to view the arrangement as a sign of culture and sophistication.

How do you tell when a Haqq politician is lying? Blood is spraying out of their lips as they die.

Errhile and bladerunner_35 like this.
  16. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

If the Hassassins went after every petty local politician on Bourak that's all they'd be doing. The Old Man of the Mountain seems to have a better idea of resource management than going after every single one. Yeah, the Hassassins are a guillotine ready to come down but it isn't wasted on such small things. There is corruption and other issues the Hassassins don't bother with.

Then there's the Muhafiz. Haqqislam's other intelligence/paramilitary group. They are used as a counterbalance to the Hassassins stranglehold on Haqqislam intelligence.

#36 Solodice, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Golem2God likes this.
  17. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Except the Muhafiz are exclusively a Funduq Sultanate's force, specializing in counterintelligence and internal security, as opposed to Hassassin's general assignment as Military Intelligence (and there is also, scarcely represented, Naval Intellignece service the al'Hawwa are likely to be linked to).

Seems the Hassassins are primairly external intelligence & security, while internal security is handled by regional govenrments (Muhafiz being simply the most visible of these, as they are responsible for Haqq interests off-world, like caravansaries and space elevators).

I guess it is a different breakup of "secret services" than the one we are used to IRL, and thus that's why it gives us trouble :)

18. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

Well yes and no.

The Muhafiz are a little more operationally flexible than the wargame fluff represents. That and the fact that the Silk Lords and Haqqislam high command do like employing them over the Hassassins at times points to that counterbalance. It's an internal rift where not everyone trusts the unleashed hound that is the Hassassins.

So there's actually a lot of overlap between the two intelligence groups and tension between them.

Golem2God and Errhile like this.
  19. Papa Bey

But are you really keeping the Hassassin out? ;)

Golem2God likes this.
  20. Golem2God

That is one of the reasons why I can see many people in Haqqisalm government secretly wanting them gone. For both good and bad/underhand reasons.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation