1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List Ideas - Finish Line

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Azohn, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Azohn

Azohn Member

So I'm hoping to play this mission soon, though against who or what exactly I could not say.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxyT2Z7parkCY0RKVXBsNXAwUkE

To that end I have come up with this list.

Finish Line
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    HECKLER Combi Rifle, Jammer, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)
    HOLLOW MEN Spitfire, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (2 | 36)
    LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Heavy Flamethrower, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 25)
    TSYKLON Spitfire, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 31)
    TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    BANDIT (Forward Observer) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 23)
    ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    PUPPET MASTERS Submachine Gun / PistolKnife. (0 | 12)
    MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 6)
    MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 6)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The idea being that there are midfield dudes to slow down the opponent. A healthy amount of smoke to make a path for the data-tracker to get to the opponent's backfield and the Hollow Man as the data-tracker to jump over something unexpected and sneak his may into the opponents deployment zone. Problems may arise with being given first turn as I am unsure of the lists ability to assassinate the opponent's data-tracker turn 1 and that strikes me as the clear advantage of being given first turn.

Any units that would be good for this that I am overlooking?

EDIT: it appears I messed up the link. hold on

EDIT 2: I think I fixed it.

#1 Azohn, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  2. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

This mission depends on having stuff alive at the end of the game, particularly your data tracker, but you don't have any recovery in the list. It seems like you'd be easy to shut down.

I worry about the hollow man Datatracker because he's sitting on 2SWC and can't safely use it. Losing isn't an option for him, but it's easy to get unlucky with BS13 and no visual mods. I think you should get someone bigger to be your datatracker. One of the S7 TAGs could do this well: they sail quickly across obstacles and can easily tap the rear edge of the board in turn 2. The MK12 Kriza is good as well, since he has 360 vision and uses a doctor. I'd also include Tomcats to keep your push going, and the Morlock with Smoke LGL who is fantastic at setting up big movement plays like this mission demands.

3. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Regarding the heckler : I prefer the boarding shotgun model to the jammer. Jammer is a nice toy but Heckler is not cheap enough to take risk using it. On the other side, the boarding shotgun model bring a nice set of weapon : emarat is very dangerous for HI and TAG, boarding shotgun is very dangerous for fireteam and both make him good in ORA in many situation.

It also is 4 points cheaper. With this 4 point, you can change your puppet master in a minelayer puppet master (more defence for your very obvious lieutenant) and upgrade a morlock as an assault pistol morlock

An example of the heckler BS efficiency : in my last 4/5 tournaments, mine brought down 2 TAG (one dead, one Imm/Isolated), most of an hospitalier fireteam and stopped cold an Asura

I alsoagree with @helsbecter, you need some way to bring your datatracker back from the dead. As he will have to move a lot, a tomcat seems like a good idea.

Also, it's a personnal preference but I would change your morlock to the E/M model. DA is great but E/M allows you to be a very big threat to heavy unit (TAG included).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation