1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List errors in pdf N4 2.1

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Wizzy, Aug 29, 2023.

1. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

While updating my french rules file, I saw these problems in pdf of Infinity N4 in english :

General:

- The translation of "Objectivo" (in Spanish) to "Target" (in English) has been changed from "Objectivo" to "Objective" in the new paragraphs that have been modified. Initially, "Target" was used to differentiate it from "Classified Objective", because otherwise it made everything more confusing. The rule was lost with >2.0.

Rule:

- By comparing English v. 2.1 and Page 63 of the VF, in the Impersonnator state. This point of Effect is missing in the french version:
    ► In their Active Turn only, Troopers in Impersonation State may use the Surprise Attack Special Skill.
    In the English V. 2.1 it's not indicated in blue, so in theory it's not new, but given that the point after is in blue but corresponds exactly to the VF, I have the impression that there's an error of the line colored in blue and that it should have been colored the bullet on the Surprise Attack.
    ► A Trooper that fails a WIP Roll to Discover an Impersonation Marker cannot attempt to Discover the same Marker until the next Player Turn. Note that a Trooper that has been revealed, and re-entered Impersonation State again, does not count as the same Marker.
    Note that in Spanish this is not colored at all.

- On page 87, it says Model twice in the Place Deployable text.

- I saw an anomaly in the 2.1 English version, concerning the Pilot rule. According to me, this point is in black:
    "When Mounting a TAG or Vehicle, the TAG or Vehicle Profile will apply all Game States that the TAG was in and all Game States the Pilot was in (if applicable). "
    Duplicates this point in blue:
    "When Mounting a TAG or Vehicle, any Game States that the Pilot is in are also applied to the TAG or Vehicle (if applicable), in addition to any Game State it is already in."
    Given the rule in version 1.0 of the french version, obviously the black spot is the old rule, instead of deleting it with the blue version, there was an error of shifting one line and it was forgotten to delete it.

- Reading the special terrain table at page 135 of the original, I see that you've written "zone saturation" when in fact it's a "yes/no" column.

- In the chapter compiling the States, I discovered that the Holo-Echo State was not identical between the one in the Equipment chapter and the one in the Recap. Both in the Spanish and English versions.
    In the Equipment chapter (page 124 in v.esp and page 122 in v.eng) the 7th bullet of Effect has been modified, so we have a long blue text, whereas in the Recap chapter (page 159 in v.esp and page 155 in v.eng) we still have this old text:
    "Holoechoes are considered real Troopers in regard to providing AROs, checking LoF, and activating Enemy weapons or pieces of Equipment (Mines, CrazyKoalas,etc.). Each Reactive Trooper must choose only one of the Holoechoes activated by the Order as their target, but they are not obliged to choose the same target."
    And then there's the 2nd Important frame present in the Equipment chapter.

- I noticed that the Order Spending Sequence is present 3 times (pages 9-21-172), given the size of the text it makes the book unnecessarily longer by a whole page.

2. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

While updating my french rules file, I saw these problems in pdf of Infinity N4 in english :

isolated state

- on page 65 and page 70, the tables are not identical; the second table on page 70 has not been modified from the update on page 65.
    - for N5, avoid getting into a situation where you have to copy a table more than twice.
    - You should avoid not having the same number of bullets, because this can cause checking problems too.

3. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

When I compared my version with the Spanish version, I noticed that in the Spanish version you forgot to remove the old rule on ORAs from the Jumper skill. The bottom line in black, which has been replaced by the line above in blue, has not been removed (10th bullet).

Jumper, 9th & 10th bullet
    ► Los Proxies Inactivos que reaccionen en ORA sólo pueden declarar Esquivar o Reset.
    ► Los Proxies Inactivos pueden reaccionar en ORA ante cualquier Orden que se declare en su LDT o ZC declarando Esquivar o Reset, si fuera posible.

Text conserved in english only:
    ► Any Inactive Proxies that react in ARO can only declare Dodge or Reset.

---------------------------

In english version, the text of the 2nd condition of the sapper rule is repeated, so the text appears twice.

► Otherwise, the Trooper will be not able to enter Foxhole State and will perform an Idle instead.

Otherwise, the Trooper will not be able to enter Foxhole State and will perform an Idle instead.

#3 Wizzy, Sep 2, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2023
    Urobros likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation