1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linked Jammers: Super-broken, now in White Banner

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Savnock, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Lambanator

Lambanator Member

No worries mate sounds awesome and would love to have a game, you know who I am and where I live. If you ever come down here you can get in touch and I will organise a game.

2. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Has Infinity been banned in Melbourne? I heard you can't even visit people even if there is just two of you.

3. miguelbarbo84

miguelbarbo84 Well-Known Member

Fresh N4 news, guys:

Escalate-Plus:

• This Special Skill alters the user's Escalate Skill from an Entire Order Skill to a Short Movement Skill.
    • Escalate Plus allows the user to escalate frenzy level while as if executing a normal Move-on skill.

See: Escalate

Escalate - Entire Order

• This Special Skill allows its user to declare a Comms Attack with a WIP+6 Roll against a target within its Zone of Control.
    • On a successful roll, turns all friendly and enemy troopers inside its Zone of Control into Extremely Impetuous.

4. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Without having ever used them or faced them, Having used it once, I can say with confidence...

smog, Willen, wes-o-matic and 11 others like this.
  5. Lambanator

Lambanator Member

Pretty much, all of the game shops are now closed and you can't have people over at all. TTS only for everyone here.

6. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Just for the sake of definitional accuracy, doxxing is the publication of personally identifying information in an otherwise anonymous place of discussion. The use of the phrase refers to the fact that that the internet is an extremely open and searchable place, and preserving an individual's control over their own information is both difficult and important. By participating in these forums, we're all volunteering a certain amount of our own personal information, but we have control over how much - for example, you've chosen to limit how much personal information people have about you to your chosen forum name (I assume, I didn't check to see if you put your name somewhere in your profile). On the other hand, Julian is happy to post a totally jacked picture of himself as his forum avatar while also adopting his usual argumentative idiolect without which we would all be so much less conversationally rich. The key element in each case is that each individual chooses how much information about themselves is available to public view, and how much is not.

By choosing to use a quote by Huanglong for a meme post I wasn't posting any information he hadn't explicitly consented to being publicly searchable when he made an account under that handle on a public forum, but that said he was both upset by the implication of the joke I made and unhappy that I'd posted it. As such I've amended both the original post on facebook and my signature block accordingly to de-identify it, which he also had the courtesy to do at my request when I asked him. I stand by the joke, but it didn't need to call a person out by name (or rather, handle). @the huanglong, I apologise for that.

With regards to the post in the All Glory to the State Empire thread, identifying a person by their first name only isn't necessarily enough to allow their personal identification but by combining information about Triumph's name and general location the thread was butting up against providing the amount of information necessary for someone to identify him without his consent. I certainly wasn't comfortable with it as I tried to imply in the post I made that you've linked - it was toeing up against the line of an outright doxx and wasn't cool. I would also point out that Koni's post I'm quoting in that thread is exactly the 'rule' that you have asked for in several posts over this thread. I'll re-quote it here for clarity:
    As for my vanishing - guilty as charged. I have a day job that involves, in these uncertain times, some pretty heavy peak periods. I only just clocked off. It's been a long day.

7. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

I admit I used the term loosely, rather than strictly to definition.

And that is the decent thing.
    Thank you.

I won’t quibble over rule vs mod instruction. It’s clearly Koni’s intent to stop that behaviour. It could stand to be more visible as I had not delved into that thread to see it before today.

Sorry for putting the worst implication on your departure. That was unfair.
    Hopefully you get a chance to relax and rest tonight.

8. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

The behavior shown on this thread is unacceptable and the continuation of it will only make any possible penalties for it more severe.

Stop it at once and allow the few posters who are actually trying to discuss in this thread discuss.

Berjiz, Bobman, Savnock and 7 others like this.
  9. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Christ on a crutch, doxxing? Grow the hell up, people. Stop it. And stop derailing threads into ego wars.

I hesitated before posting this thread because there would definitely be contention, but the topic needed to be discussed. What does NOT need to happen is personal attacks in any form.

@psychoticstorm , @HellLois or any other mod, can we please have a lock on this thread? It has served it purpose.

I'll start a new one eventually for reflection once we've all had chance to play linked Jammers more (get some TTS in guys, it's great!).

10. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

As doxxing goes it was really quite mild. If it hadn't escalated it would have been resolved with a simple "please don't post my PII", "NP, my bad, redacted" of the type that has happened on this forum many times before even between posters who actively disagree with each other on principle.

Which, ultimately, is how it was resolved. So, cudos?

Also, how about them Jammers, eh?

RobertShepherd likes this.
  11. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Thanks for not being as lazy as me to write that up! :)

Just for completeness the Tian Gou's Jammer when linked in a Haris:
    Jammer (WIP14, B2) vs. Reset (WIP13, BTS0): 52% Jammer, 22% Nothing, 26% Reset.
    Jammer (WIP14, B2) vs. Reset (WIP13, BTS3): 44% Jammer, 33% Nothing, 26% Reset.
    Jammer (WIP14, B2) vs. Reset (WIP13, BTS6): 35% Jammer, 39% Nothing, 26% Reset.

I might add that, in order to play two B2 Jammers in the White Banner, one has to field at least two Ye Maos (cheapest option 27 points each). Thus in WB one has to invest 146 Points and 8 Models in total to facilitate this whilst only 4 Models 1 SWC and 84 Points are needed for the Spiral Corps to field a similar performing combo.

#271 Tristan228, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  12. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Not to wade too deep into these waters, but I thought the major contention was as an oppressive ARO presence (whether it's actually there or not), not active turn dominance...

Abrilete and inane.imp like this.
  13. Tristan228

Warcor

Well, I'd say Light (E/M) Grenade Launchers (ideally combined with a Dep. Rep. and Spotlight) can solve this problem relatively easy. The CA can even use Exile. And as long as the shotguns have the useful Blast Mode those come in handy as well. So far this doesn't seem to be a big deal for me.

#273 Tristan228, Apr 2, 2020
    Zewrath likes this.
  14. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

jammer is usefull as an ARO weapon
    no one care about active because you already lose stealth when facing an active jammer (if not in core)
    because if a fireteam core is active you will have much more dangerous things to think about than a jammer (HMG,HRL,etc ..)

stop comparing the weak symbio-jammer with the real jammer
    if you want to talk about active jammer then talk about the fact jammer can do intuitive attack against camo marker, eraser can't
    also the fact eraser can't target STR unit is a big deal

jammer in core fireteam are broken because of the B2 and MOD+3 that transform the jammer attack as an auto-win roll VS a reset you can't YOLO tank this shit even with a BTS 9 it's a 1/3 chance of being jammed at every order

15. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Would some sort of resource on how to play against jammers be useful to people? I've been looking for an excuse to experiment with TTS for screenshots.

Or is it too late in the edition to bother with that, given common assumption that they'll change at least a little somehow?

#275 RobertShepherd, Apr 2, 2020
    smog, wes-o-matic, Stuffist and 6 others like this.
  16. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Definitely would. And general tutorials on how to counter the popular types threats.

wes-o-matic, Xeurian and Abrilete like this.
  17. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Make it ZOC AROs in general: anti Jammer tactics are extendable to Hacking. They're almost certainly staying.

wes-o-matic and RobertShepherd like this.
  18. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

I think it’s useful anyways, as this would typically be the type of ressource than can be extrapolated; it’s more do you feel like doing it at this stage?

Note that considering its depth and complexity, Infinity is sorely missing these types of articles. When I joined the forum, I made a list of what I could find about the game online and put the results in the new players section: beyond the tacticas (which really are not that, as the majority are mostly profiles reviews) and a very few outlying examples, there are almost no general or specific tactical articles. There are many ressources in other media, but there the emphasis will be on AARs or profiles analysis.

Now I might be a spoiled kid: coming from Magic, I’m used to dedicated sites pumping these types of articles on a daily basis. But I guess my point is, if you feel like doing it, then please, oh yes, please.

19. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Oh no, I was actually feeling lazy and that's why I didn't go back and add the three man! I should be thanking you for covering my laziness there tbh.

20. Tristan228

Warcor

Further they're magnetic and drag your troops into the Tain Gao's ZOC! Without clearly no chance to use the remaining 91% of the table surface any game will be totally dominated by that one linked Jammer! Your bold typed argument has convinced me, can I get my pitchfork now?

Now without sarcasm: Yes inside the Tian Gao's ZOC these synergies are overwhelming and a player can block a certain area for his opponent in ARO. But even the frowned uopn SWF has enough tools (drop bears, Wild Parrot, still the LGL) to work against that. One just has to strategize a bit more than usual.

So we can pat our shoulders for the team effort. :D

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation