1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Link Team Burst Bonus and Placement

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by RogueJello, Nov 24, 2018.

1. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

And no examples exist showing Drop Bears or Pitchers off-centre.

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Which is why it's ambiguous.

I'm fully aware that it's possible CB intended for them to be centred, but they simply said 'at' rather than 'centred on'. Words matter and 'at' does not mean 'centred on'. If CB wants it to say 'cented on' that's an extremely easy errata.

Or, you know, you can make an argument from authority and I'll shut up. But while you keep going with 'I think' rather than 'this is the way it's played' then it remains a point for debate.

3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Which would be an argument from authority fallacy...

4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

The argument from authority fallacy is only an issue when you aren't dealing with a fiat system. If someone has the power to make something true simply by saying it, it's not a fallacy. Just unwise to abuse [emoji14]

My point being that if you go "this is what the rules were meant to say" I'll shut up and go "because IJW said so" when people ask me why it's played that way. I'll then patiently wait for an FAQ to make it clear in a way that doesn't require searching through the forums to demonstrate.

DukeofEarl and RogueJello like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation