1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lei Gong

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Amusedbymuse, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Does any 1 here have the new Lei? Is he supposed to have tactical rock from the pictures as piece?
    After 5-6 years of buying Infinity I just had mispack yesterdey, so what are the odds of another one just day after. But the way his feet is shaped it looks like it is supposed to fit another part instead of base.

2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Yes he's supposed to have it. I saw it today.

I wanted to get him but didn't. He looks only ok and he's not that great for rules. Plus they always seem to put out the worst profile. CB really seems to not like Yu Jing. They keep giving us sub par characters like this or Qiang. Just once I like to get a character like Jazz, McMurder, Shinobu, or Mary Problems. One so good they have to nerf them at some point [​IMG]

3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Lei Gong is literally one of the pillars that holds IA up.

Savnock likes this.
  4. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Are you kidding me?!?

Bixie, man. Maybe best character in the game right now. One-woman wrecking crew who can do basically everything. 6-2, 4” Dodge on 18s, MSV, SuperJump/ClimbPlus, NCO, FO, MA3, E/M CCW…

Chaserabinov likes this.
  5. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

She was so good they nerfed her even before she was released. Wenn her profile was first presented she had MSV2. So now everyone is angry about her not having that. :D

#5 Fed4ykin, Feb 5, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  6. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

YJ players (self included) do love something to whine about.

Bixie is so badass, she’s even fun to watch when you’re paying against her and she’s wiping out your troops. Seriously amazing.

7. Triumph

[​IMG]

8. Triumph

Bixie is decent at 300 points, but she becomes actually exceptional at 400 points where you can make far greater use of her toolkit.

9. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I want a character that everyone complains about for a couple years before they nerf lol.

Bixie is ok. I've used her a few times and she didn't do much or died fast. It would be nice to have a figure too. But hey, if she did then I'd have no use for Tai Sheng lol.

But for every good character, we have 2 bad or meh. Or they are a mercenary. Not even YJ. But yeah others can say the same thing I guess. But others also have super optimized cheap characters that are taken in every list.

I find IA almost unplayable right now. No. I'm not doing 400 pts. No one wants to play it. Right now everyone is practicing for Adepticon anyway.

10. Triumph

IA functions just fine at 300 points too, it's White Banner that struggles to operate at that level. IA doesn't have an issue with playing an alpha strike meta game, it's got lots of orders and the requisite beatstick options with the potential to steamroll momentum turn one. The only issue IA has is playing 300 points is it's one dimensional and boring as fuck because that's the 300 point meta game in a nutshell. It's effective, but it's a very simple and incredibly dull experience.

11. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

When you write in english and autocorrect tries to translate your text into german... i hate autocorrect...

12. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I did not find IA unplayable or boring, far from it, White banner, I am still getting used to them, not sure I feel it needs 400 points to be playable, 300 does ok so far.

Chaserabinov likes this.
  13. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I used the Aristeia one for a long time. So if you play it also, thats maybe the way to go. Double Trouble is a bit cheaper than the Lei Gong blister. I like the regular one but I also dislike, that CB choose the SMG (l never used this loadout). Luckily I managed to get the Defiance version in a trade. But from the look, I like the SMG version.

Rules wise he is useful but not necessary. Especialy not in WB. IA welcomes a L1 visor ... while now we have Bixie .. but she is a bit more pricy.

Yep - YJ lacks that :smirk:

14. Triumph

It's not the visor, his value comes out of being a 2W unhackable that can clear repeaters/hackers to allow the rest of his fireteam to advance. He's durable enough and solid gunfighter able to reliably handle this role.

Packing Albedo is also super useful given a significant chunk of ARO tech runs MSV of some type.

15. archon

archon Well-Known Member

You are right. This is a very useful spot for him, especialy in IA. In my meta is not enough hacking presence - so I missed that.

aglaraina likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation