1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaldstrom, C1, N4 - bad news, we've been lied to, again

Discussion in 'News' started by Nuada Airgetlam, Mar 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I guess we won't know for sure, because CB isn't that transparent. I have a sneaking suspicion this was a change of course.

I think if they were already going to do it there'd be some negative repercussions for the CoC crew considering they put this into the community in a very emphatic way.

2. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

I have my doubts. Wouldn't they then have come out and said due to fan support we've decided to keep the sectorials and models you love in the game? That way they look good for listening, people feel good for changing minds, and everyone walks away the winner. I think this is easy to chalk up to miscommunication, rumors and not waiting for official posts.

A Mão Esquerda and cazboab like this.
  3. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I respect a good chop job. I just dont want to mess up. :3

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  4. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Practically speaking I don't think there's a lot CB could do that wouldn't either make CB out to be the badguy or just not really affect CoC in the first place anyway.

Besides that running an unconfirmed rumour would do enough to damage someone's rep with the community that it would be pointlessly vindictive to add more on it...

5. SpectralOwl

I'm somewhat placated by this news, but I guess I will have to wait to see the update schedule. For at least some of the ITS season I won't have my most familiar factions available which is disappointing, but at least all this seems to be resolving itself over the course of the year.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  6. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I'm so glad the "ignore" button exists, holy molly.

On a more serious note, if (and I'm saying "if" because I understand thay are just rumors at this point) armies/sectorials where to be discontinued from the game, there are ways to make things work, armies playable and minis relevant. I used to play a lot of Magic: The Gathering, and one of the ways Wizards of the Coast (the company that makes the game) has of keeping cards relevant is the introduction of several game formats.

You have your standard format where only the latest card sets are legal and playable, then you have several other older formats that allow people to play with each and every card that has ever been printed in the history of the game. I'm not saying this is the only way to do things, but I understand that companies try to spice things up fluff wise so they move units/profiles around. Or maybe they stop making a mini/product because it is no longer giving them any profit.

Maybe providing a way to allow any and all armies/profiles to be played would be beneficial to all. Again, this is all hypothetical, assuming things are taken out in N4.

How about having a regular army builder and then another "vintage" one where you keep all your old profiles/sectorials/armies that are not supported in N4 (or whatever version of the game) so anyone who wants to play their favorite thing can do it? I don't know if that is the best way to do it, but it works for the card games in general.

I love a card called Deathrite Shaman because it is incredibly cool thematically and artistically.

[​IMG]

Sadly, it rotated out of the standard format because Wizards needed to sell more product, so they released other cards they wanted people to buy. And after that, it was banned in almost every other legal tournament format because it was just too OP. However, there are still formats where I can play the card that I love, even if that means playing against some other "broken" or "overpowered" cards. And those formats are supported (one way or the other) by the company. It doesn't take much, just allowing official events to be played.

I can see a future where Acon and Tohaa still battle it out in "vintage" ITS tournaments where only discontinued profiles are allowed. Why not?

These are just my two cents, trying to be constructive. Try to chill people, in the end it is just game and everybody deserves to be addressed with respect: all gamers and employees.

7. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

One of the problems I think is that Magic has a huge community and can support a more segmented community. Splitting the community in some areas between "modern" and "legacy" formats is going to result in both groups fizzling out.

Abrilete, Hecaton and cazboab like this.
  8. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Warmachine tried something similar with ADR/Champions.

It didn't go well and was incredibly clunky, and far more skewed and prone to massive balance swings than the normal game. Standard style game modes can't really work in mini games.

theradrussian likes this.
  9. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

So...it was better to wait? maybe, but if we had waited before commenting...would ther have been any official response from CB? I highly doub it.

What would have been better? all this posting and getting this answer? or no comment and people that thought their army will get eliminated just leaving the game?

I am glad of that answer from CB. Now what is needed is that they follow it and don't do another "year of tohaa" with it

10. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Well thank you to all the CB staff for "grabbing the bull by the horn" (as we say in French ... not sure if you guys get the idea :expressionless: ) and publicly reacting after the spreading of these rumors.

It really helps people who are supporting the game to provide answers and to keep supporting what the compagny does with good faith.

11. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Seeing that it seems you cannot stay civil in a conversation, even after I asked for keep it civil, this thread and his brother-thread are now closed.

And everyone involved in personal attacks or bad language consider you warned. Next time, a temporary ban will be applied.

I guess now is time to relax and enjoy the upcoming news from Kaldstrom, CodeOne and wait to know what will happen with Adepticon. We'll keep you informed.

Thank you.

Deathwig, Yog.0, Tourniquet and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation