1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaldstrom, C1, N4 - bad news, we've been lied to, again

Discussion in 'News' started by Nuada Airgetlam, Mar 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

The gardener said this is a no-prune tree. Well, until a couple years later, when he poped up with the scissors. Dumb us, all our fault (not).

HS book was promised to be compatible with 2nd Ed... and in an "hexagonal plug in round hole" way it was... until HSN3 was released. A bit before that (sorry, I don't have a calendar with the exact dates) they sold 2nd+HS for the price of one, a 50% discount.

Somewhere else Mantic goes as Mantic Almost. Maybe CB is CB Until. *shrug*

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  2. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

I'm all good with jabs and ribbing but when it gets to the point of comparing CB with coming for sectorials to the rise of the nazi's that might be too far.

3. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Rao and Singh could already be out of the game and Acon players wouldn't care. I've literally never seen Singh in a list or on a table.

Regulars are very different from fusiliers -- WIP13, Sapper profile, Minelayer/Sensor, Hacker/Fastpanda/LGL, Spitfire instead of HMG. One of the things that attracted me to Acon over any other PanO sectorial was Regulars' stat line and loadouts.

I'm not the person you were directing this at, but with how much money and time I've put into my Acon (mostly just money for my Tohaa), I feel like I should be allowed to feel invested. I don't like the implication that people who are mad are making themselves "unhealthy" -- it serves only to stifle conversation.

Let's not do slurs. Thanks.

4. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Everyone has the right to be upset, but with that person in particular it seems almost obsessive, which is when it starts to become unhealthy. I really meant no offense nor was I trying to stop critique of CB.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  5. meikyoushisui

Those voices are still important in the community. CB needs to get the whole range of opinions, both on the rabidly pro-CB side, and from the people who are mad enough to consider quitting over this.

6. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Fan is derived from fanatic after all and my avatar is no accident ;)

7. atomicfryingpan

You're insanely cringey dude...

Forbino1 and Zewrath like this.
  8. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

We can disagree, but slurs are super uncalled for. I know it's controversial, but we should wait and see what CB says before burning the world down. If it turns out to be then we can panic.

9. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

I'm an acquired taste.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  10. atomicfryingpan

It seems like no one on this forum has acquired a taste for it

11. LZ35SRX

LZ35SRX Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself, would you please? And fiz your passive aggressiveness, while you're at it.

On the topic - while I dislike the doom-and-gloom style of Nuada's posts, he is essentially right. And that is the worst thing about this situation, despite the fact that one of my armies (the nost favorite one btw) is getting the axe.

This is literally "we've been lied to", woth promises of forever support and legality in ITS for discontinued armies, and then we get that statement by Gutier (and they usually are aligned with what will happen with the game), and then the rumour.

I am very discouraged by that, and am considering dropping Infinity as the game which I want to invest my passion in. Guess Defiance will have to tide me over while I go cold turkey (if I don't decide to get a chargeback though).

12. meikyoushisui

There are other people in this thread who agree with him, just FYI. It seems like most issues in this thread are more related to the tone of his comments than the content of them, which is a bucket I would place myself in. I'm about 80% in agreement with him on this one.

13. SubOctavian

SubOctavian Well-Known Member

As a person who has recently bought nearly full range of QK models (in store, not from secondary market), I will hope for the best. Mind, I also have RTF, Correghidor, IA and Varuna, so even if QK is killed (or in PC language removed for indefinite period of time), I do have things to play. And yet, I will consciously stop buying new products if CB choses to perform anti consumer move - not going to rage about it, but that's pretty serious to me.

I also stress out that, as they will need to support most of the profiles for vanilla anyways, it's not that hard to support sectorials. Even as t2 armies for a while (until they decide to sell new models and refresh it). That's fine. I appreciate mild power creep and business needs to sell new stuff. But dont you guys dare to invalidate my collection of tiny metal dudes, the experience and sentiment associated, and in the end, the money I chose to spend on your product :D

I will be cautiously optimistic for now, as since I joined infinity I have seen the examples of CB making mistakes, being a bit lazy here and there, but I always felt they care about both game and players. Please keep it this way and keep the reason for us concerned (even if mad or cringy) players to pay some of your bills.

14. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say this because the sentiment here has me scratching my head. A "lie" implies a planned falsehood. It's not a lie if you tell your friend you will be at their place in 10 minutes, but then get into a car accident on the way. If they, indeed, told people to go out and spend their money with every intention of reneging, that would be awful and deserving of the vitriol here. But there are a number of other (more likely) things that could have happened, even if the rumor is true. And listing those out doesn't make someone an apologist or a shill.

There is a hell of a lot of presumption in this thread and some of the higher octane emotions seem to stem from those presumptions. My message isn't so much to chill (though that's part of it), but to not immediately assume the worst intentions in people.

bona, daszul, Cthulhu363 and 5 others like this.
  15. LZ35SRX

LZ35SRX Well-Known Member

I see where you're coming from, but in the end I disagree. Sure, plans change, but N4 and C1 almost certainly have been in development for longer than a year or two, and the plans for cutting or adding sectorials were made quite a bit in advance. But then we have a July 2018 Merovignia post, and Daedalus Fall post, which claim that discontinued armirs will still be legal and available. But less than a year passes, and suddenly, with no prior warning and about half a year before the release of N4 (and at this time the game edition should be in the betatest and tweaking stage, not in development), we learn that "Oh hey, guys, you know those discontinued armies we promised to support? Well, we're cutting them from N4 at start, and theyll come out when they come out. Kthxbai!"

Such decisions don't come out of nowhere and they had to have made then quite a long time before this SNAFU.

16. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

using the "first they came" poem structure was more in the basis of "the reader will understand what I meant", nothing more. I've seen people that justified some of those topics change their mind when it affected them, and that was part of the point. The other part was just to expose how CB has managed previous similar "events", and that if it happens as the rumour says, how can someone be reasured their faction will not suffer the same end a few years later? Its all rumour, supposition and so

I suppose CB will say something about this in the near future, so mabye we will have better info and we get calmed because those rumors were flase (or upset because they will be true), or maybe they will just say some random stuff that they are doing ok and we have to wait, or maybe again, another of those "affirmations that are changed later and never become true". Who knows

#276 Armihaul, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  17. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

It's thread and arguments like this that makes me glad I just paint and enjoy the world of Infinity and have no Investment in the game itself. I can just watch the anger and relax, safe in the knowledge I'll stil lget plenty of cool stuff to paint.

*grabs popcorn*

Death, Alphz and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  18. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

@atomicfryingpan no mention to any goverment was intended, nor even thought of. The structure is sound, and I used it wrong in purpose (it uses a "rule of three" then one, I went for a five). Heck, I never read the original poem until today, because I've seen it used several times.

I could have gone with the more colloquial (in Spain) "when you see your neighbour's beard being cut, place yours in water" but it loses a lot in translation.

On the other order of things,

https://m.facebook.com/groups/78913...16905876&sfnsn=scwspmo&extid=jfKxoGGD0F9NHsIk

I freely say THANK YOU to Corvus Belli because they listened.

Regardless of this being a corrective action and forced them to decide to keep those sectorials and the Tohaa Faction, or just clarifying things for us all, they have listened to their customers, and this is critical for people with models that "were in risk".

It might sound strange, but a lot of companies nowadays do not listen until things go exceedingly bad (Disney... Activision Blizzard...). And we like the game... alive. Not as a six-month wonder no one remembers next year.

So, again, THANKS to all of Corvus Belli, for caring and listening.

19. Guardian

Guardian Well-Known Member
    Warcor

20. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Awesome. It's almost as if you calm down and wait for actual facts, everything turns out fine. Shocking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation