1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaldström units leaked

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Knauf, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping Angel can save the Jing Qo and Ye Mao for me. Worst case scenario, I can do some resculpting on the Ye Mao's helmet, but I hope it's just the render giving me jitters.

2. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

I mean, to be fair... we do have access to some pretty great new Hackers from both IA and WB, with the Daoying being so good I have to convince myself not to take it whenever I am building a list that can take it.

I actually quite like the helmets: make them look sorta imposing, and you can imagine it having an inbuilt MSV.

IDK... my assumption would be ''Okay lads. New sectorial. We need a new character here, and we have to make it more usable than a quarter of the last four we released. Any ideas? We're adding Korean HI, let's add a Korean character then.''

Atleast I assume she's a Korean character, although I am purely judging this by how similar her emblem is to the Jujaks.

3. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Yes and we can have Hackers protected by Tinbots B in links, but still it would be nice to get a TA-Shang Ji first or the SMG Zhencha first etc.

For me they look a bit low tech.

Yeah - Bostria said so in one of the KS videos. I think she could be fun, but still, is she only added to give a bit CC back to YJ?

4. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

I have a feeling they want to save the TA for an SWC box ( Or whatever those new boosters are. ).

For the Zhencha... IDK, probably to sell the least used profile?

That or someone at CB REALLY likes the visors Hackers get. T:

It's a nice aesthetic either way. Plus the narrow eye-slips help make them look a bit more imposing. Gives them a good ''Yes, I'm here to kill your Camos'' glare.

I mean... if memory serves me right, basically every Vanilla faction has a ''strong in CC named character'' at this point, probably just had to add one to Yu Jing for completions sake.

That, or it genuinely was to give Yu Jing some higher end CC back.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

She is added to replace the Shikami we lost the same way Hundun replaces the Raiden and eventually we will get more carbon copies of troops we already had before. So much design space when you can just release the same kind of units all over again.

6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

You're thinking of the Hulang.

Personally I'm hoping she has hidden deployment in N4.

7. archon

archon Well-Known Member

That would be great! But wait, then it´s difficult to get that monk to her ;-)

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

She looks like a character who should be Wildcard, not Hidden Deployment. Hulang looks like Hidden Deployment :)

9. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

The thought of HD crossed my mind too. It would make her an uber mix of Shikami and Oniwaban and worthy of her nickname.

10. Triumph

Based on an assassin, kinda goes with the theme. It's also in the name "Shadow of the Huang Di", suggests some kind of stealth element to the character.

#870 Triumph, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  11. Mahtamori

Since it seems they didn't want to go with the impersonation theme that Jing Ke had going, it seems like they went with the Duo-with-the-village-idiot aspect instead, although the village idiot is also a highly skilled martial artist. I have to say I don't think hidden in the shadows seem to fit something made with Jing Ke and the assassination attempt on Huang Di.

12. Triumph

They didn't attempt to assassinate Huangdi that was an unrelated person, Huangdi in history was known as the yellow emperor but in this case I think it's referencing the YJ name for Sval, which is Huangdi... I think? Someone fact check me on that. Jin Qo is the shadow of the city/planet/nation.

I believe Huang Di also translates to emperor or emperor of China, but shadow of the emperor feels a bit more ISS so maybe less fitting.

In the story Jing Ke tries to assassinate Qin Shi Huang, the king of Qin.

13. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

The area on Sval controlled by YJ is Huangdi. Used to be PanO's Nilfheim before YJ took it from them which then kicked off the First NeoColonial War.

14. Mahtamori

As far as I know, that all checks out, with exception to what Solodice wrote above my post.

I'm just saying that Jing Qo seems loosely based on Jing Ke which who in their biggest moment didn't make use of stealth, but misdirection and impersonation to try to kill their target.

15. Triumph

Yeah I mean it is loose as you said though, they're Korean and female this time.

16. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Jing Qo is not a korean name.
    The only korean unit in the sectorial right now are the Jujak regiment.

17. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

yep looks Chinese.

I can’t think of any Korean name with Qo sound

18. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Approved

19. SpectralOwl

They're cool enough, on units that aren't already wearing something on their head. Interventors and the Mymidon AHD look great with them. My issue is that they keep designing excellent, sleek helmets, then strap a fraggin' Oculus Rift to the front, completely destroying the balance of the design and providing a nice flat contact point for incoming bullets. It looks idiotic and I wish they'd go back to relying on Hackerpose as an indicator for Hacker units with helmets. It would be better for proxies and a darn sight less ugly.

Paegis likes this.
  20. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

No Qo sound in modern Chinese. Seems to turn up in minority languages.

archangeleong and Dragonstriker like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation