1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaldström goodies

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Make PanO Great Again :P, Mar 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crusader

Crusader Well-Known Member

ORCs pax nothing for it but the extra haris option does pay 1pt for it. Also in the mean time the Haris Hospitaler appeared too:

Svalarheima’s Winter Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]3
    ORC (Mountain Terrain, Climbing Plus) MULTI Rifle + 1 TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 44)
    ORC (Fireteam: Haris, Mountain Terrain, Climbing Plus) MULTI Rifle + 1 TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 45)
    KNIGHT HOSPITALLER Doctor (Fireteam: Haris, MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 36)

1.5 SWC | 125 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So if only option for Hospitallers to have a Haris is to take Haris Doctor.......

..... whats the point of Hospitaller linkable Infirmary ?

3. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Also there's stuff like this gem of a Link:

Svalarheima’s Winter Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]5
    ORC (Fireteam: Haris, Mountain Terrain, Climbing Plus) Boarding Shotgun + 1 TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 39)
    KNIGHT OF JUSTICE Spitfire / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (1.5 | 51)
    FUSILIER (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    FUSILIER (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

2 SWC | 126 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I already like what this brings to the table in N3. You can make that a KOJ ML for AROs and an Orc HMG to clear them, fueling them with 10 point Fusiliers and as many backups as you want.
    Or the above Assault Link bringing good midfield ARO options, CC capability, roof sweeping, door kicking and Deployable Repeaters and a Tinbot to help with Hacking as well as.

And that's only getting better with N4 with the apparent rework of the pointcosts for everything and HI getting 6-2.

Judge Dredd likes this.
  4. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Another thing that should get a mention is the amount of Haris built into units as a whole, not tied to a specific loadout. A sign of things to come, I presume.

5. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I think we got doses of it with ForCo and that update, but it looks like Haris is just innate like Fireteam core these days. That means more guns and more firepower for cheaper

Judge Dredd and Stiopa like this.
  6. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

So what do you guys think of the KoJ, both from a Sval, MO and Vanilla POV? 'Cause I'm kinda unsure what to think about it, which for a newly released HI unit is weird, since I'm supposed to be the unreasonable power armor junkie here.

7. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

The Boyg in its N3 form is dead to me. Nothing worthwhile there that appears interesting next to the KoJ who can CC, Link (as Wildcard lol), has Stealth, better BTS and isn't hamstrung by S5.

FA is wasted without weapon choices to make it worth using, no NWI for actual durability and Hyperdynamics isn't offsetting anything if you don't have access to Sixth Sense. Pretty sure the guy is going to look a lot different in N4, but N3 isn't his place to shine.

injenegr and MikeTheScrivener like this.
  8. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Let me rephrase it then:
    We've played the "wait and see" game. It's optimistic, but it led to a big old nothingburger.

Maybe N4 will fix things! Maybe it won't. Past experience leads me, personally, to lean towards the latter.

injenegr likes this.
  9. Maksimas

Well, unless they take back what they mentioned about the Crit changes, N4 will at least somewhat fix one thing.

Stiopa likes this.
  10. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

I wish the Boyg had an AD option. ;)

Judge Dredd, eciu, Stiopa and 3 others like this.
  11. kanluwen

If you've got something to say, just say it. If you can't say anything because of playtesting constraints, don't say anything.

MikeTheScrivener likes this.
  12. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

Hah! No. Just legit wish-listing. I'm an AD:4+ fan. When I saw the Crusaders added in to the Blizzard-6 CBL, I was hopeful.

I think an S5 AD:4 would be sweet as hell.

Maksimas and Stiopa like this.
  13. kanluwen

Honestly, I'm surprised we didn't see a Karhu or Vargar with AD.

14. Crusader

Crusader Well-Known Member

KoJ is better in nearly every aspect then FK (and when she is not, they are litterally equal aka the stats) so in Vanilla or Svala it is the victor in MO the only saving grace of FK is his linkability. The FK's Combi Lt is a non-used profile so only the BSG armament is the difference between the two HI, but the Hospitaler BSG is 10pts cheaper (with MA2) than the Father Knight so the only profile what the KoJ don't have is really really nieche.

Judge Dredd likes this.
  15. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

SKOZZOKONZ likes this.
  16. kanluwen

Oh just shut up. Not everything heavy infantry has to be Yu Jing.

17. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well in vanilla KoJ >> FK (unless for some reason your really want Combi FK)

In MO KoJ is not linkable so you can as well ignore him (unless for some reason you want to take solo FK).

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  18. Maksimas

Look. We already got the Liu Xing. IA's release was ages ago. We gotta move on man. We're better than this. Let PanO have a AD2 or sumfin' HI too, maybe then they'll teach us how to slap HI on bikers.

Ah, just looked a little closer at what the Sval KoJ has. Yeah, I can see how that Wildcard can become silly fast.
    I suppose I just didn't see them as that much different from other Spitfire toting PanO HI.

I usually look at new releases in Vanilla first, easier to digest that way for me, since you can assume every single other possible tool/option to affect it. T:

19. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Funny enough you can also throw Fairy Dust, and have BTS12 -6WIP protection from hacking on your KoJ. That's close enough to being hacking immune (while being proper HI).

20. Goorie

Goorie Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I was going to ask. Hope that's a mistake to be fixed in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation