1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JSA split options

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by zapp, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Merging two threads; if invincible army were to come with a slightly less sword-oriented TO infiltrator (something between Crocman and Ninja), this would be a worthy replacement for the Ninja for both vanilla and ISS. I still don't want the Ninja to be lost, but there's that.

2. Mahtamori

Okay, so from that leaked image of JSA Warcor pack, we have these new units:
    Ryuken Unit-9 (Section 9?)
    Daiyokai (Big monster - that TAG in the background?)
    Kuge Delegate (I don't like the sound of "delegate" in this... smells like CA)
    Kuroshi Rider (special/new Aragoto? Now with extra CC?)

Skoll likes this.
  3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Yeah, the Rider is Celty Sturtson from the Anime Durararara!!!!, the image doesn't show it fully but she carries a Scythe.

We've been betting that the Oniwaban will be Kusanagi, Batou one of the Unit 9, and the other I'd say it will depend on their bein LI, MI, or HI (Borma for this one, obviously).

meikyoushisui likes this.
  4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

From what I've heard the Daiyokai is S5 HI.

Mahtamori likes this.
  5. Fire Broadside

Fire Broadside The Red Comet

This new info is very interesting. It still says JSA sectorial army, but there's a kempeitai and references to the kuge and rikugun. I don't remember the Japanese fluff very well, is there a Japanese emperor as well as a Chinese? Seems like that would be odd. If not I guess this uprising has restored their own emperor.

I'm thinking Togusa for second Unit-9, but I suppose it could be Borma if they want to push Batou's and his superhuman abilities (but still MI).

6. Triumph

The Batou model is a Ryuken Unit-9, you can see the word Ryuken written on his shoulder in the art.

7. Fire Broadside

Fire Broadside The Red Comet

Yes, I was thinking about who the other Unit-9 might be. :)

8. Triumph

Side note Kuge were a class of aristocrats in feudal Japan.

9. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Kuge Delegate sounds like a Japanese HVT to me, or something like a Tech-Bees with a more JSA themed ability.

Daiyokai is most likely the big guy, it means "Great Demon Electric-Powered Unit", so maybe a Remote Presence S5 HI? The name strikes me as an autonomous unit .

Really excited for Selty Aragoto though, I will probably give her a cute yellow helmet and black clothes.

xagroth likes this.
  10. Primo

Primo Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, the Japanese imperial family is still alive but they aren't imperial anymore, so that Kuge delegate would confirm that this box is for a rebel sectorial that has restored or plans to the Japanese emperor.

I would translate the Daiyokai as great demon (or ghost) blitzkrieg unit and seing as it has Su Jian legs it will surely be S5 and wouldn't discard remote presence although it seems too much technology for a rebel army to mantain.

I quite like the helmet of the biker, if I still have Aragoto in vanilla Yu Jing and I didnt destroyed all my figures in a tantrum due to this event invalidating a third of my miniature collection, I'll be sure to get some of those helmets to convert my loyalist Aragoto

Fire Broadside likes this.
  11. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Keep in mind that Japanese scientists/R&D facilities are responsible for a lot of Yu Jing's major technological breakthroughs. The Karakuri feel dated now next to the monster that is the Su Jian, but they're still cutting edge tech and they were Japanese developed. JSA power armor also got dated a bit when all HI became 4-4 MOV, but once upon a time, JSA was one of the few forces with complete access to 4-4 MOV heavy infantry, when virtually everyone else was slogging with 4-2. The abundant E/M weaponry throughout JSA also reflects Japanese technological innovation (E/M grenades, blitzens, E/Mitters.) Mono, DA and EXP close combat weapons are also technologically advanced and very rare, so the fact that they're pervasive in JSA is quite telling. So it's not far-fetched that we'll see very high tech options in the future.

sgthulka likes this.
  12. Mahtamori

Has any of the 300 pts boxes contained an HVT so far? Also, aren't the Samurai a nobility class in this setting?

13. Triumph

Are you sure on that? Pretty sure "Dai" just means big or great, and "Yokai" is a very generic term for demon or beast.

14. Mahtamori

The full name is Daiyokai Dengekitai (which seems to me to be an attempt at "Daiyokai - Electronic Shock Corps")
    Also, Google Translate tells me the Aragoto has the extra attachment "Lucky army deed"

15. Triumph

Maybe it is JSA's answer to the Su-Jian then.

16. meikyoushisui

I was doing rough translation, but demon is almost always better for Yokai due to the different cultural connotations. It always implies the supernatural, which "beast" doesn't get, and it's more specific than "monster" (more often render 怪物 or 怪獣). Same meaning for 怪 though -- it means unnatural. The 妖 also generally refers to evil, which is where I would get "demon" from, but the word is a bit more flexible than the English conception of a demon, so maybe more like a Spirit? 妖魔 (youma) is more explicitly demon.

I had the wrong Dengeki though -- "shock troops" is definitely the right rendering of that.

大妖怪電撃隊 is probably the base.

17. meikyoushisui

Rikugun means "land army" (so the equivalent to the American Army as opposed to an Air Force or Navy) and shou-i is a rank in the army .

#37 meikyoushisui, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Mahtamori likes this.
  18. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

It doesn't seem to be a 300 points box, but a Sectorial Army Box (USARF style), and in that context the Kuge delegate could be the equivalent to the dismounted Maverick.

deltakilo, barakiel and xagroth like this.
  19. Triumph

Speaking of Karakuri the Motoko knock off looks alot like she's partially robotic. Next gen Karakuri perhaps?

20. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

As I've said in the "April come she will" thread, IMO it's more fun to have an openly rebellious JSA subfaction, along with a still-loyal core, and makes a good bit more sense for the reasons given regarding holes in the lists. After all, you can field two Engineers or Doctors in vanilla thanks to the Zhanshi engi/doc and the Tokusetsu, seems quite unfair to deny that. Three engis with Oda, too, not to mention as a Dire Foes character removing her from Yujing seems very strange even if her fluff pretty much spells out that she's pro-rebellion.

Maybe the JSA rebels get a new name (Apparently "Japan Liberation Front" has already been taken by some show about geese so, I dunno, Japanese Free Army?) and an NA2 list, maybe some new characters emerge for the two new factions and sharing of the others happens somehow, but what it will do is create a non-aligned force with a significant playerbase from the launch of the NA2 Sectorial, as even Haqq players probably had to fork out a little to get a field-ready Druze force given that it mainly consists of Mercs and Pan-O remotes to make up the other 2/3rds of their stuff that has minis for sale. On top of that it's a significant update to one of the factions in the game with very old models, and could be quite a nice bookend if the Invincible Army pops up later on with the rebel scum in their crosshairs.

I also pondered the idea of political officers added to the loyalists, either pre-existing Imperial Agents or a newly-formed special anti-rebel taskforce. That might also fit into the Invincibles later on?

Hiereth, Mahtamori and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation