1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jingwei Mobile Enforcement Division - 2021/03/22 Full Colour

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Weathercock, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Contacts->Careers

Obviously, no formalized submission process. But that's probably the only way to really make such a proposal.

2. Weathercock

Hello,

I am submitting the following artwork both in the hopes of receiving your feedback as artists, and also for the consideration of your own potential interest in using it for Infinity.

Originally, this project started out as a study of dossier artwork and in-game concepts for my own amusement, but the positive feedback it has received has encouraged me to develop it beyond my original intentions, and to also to see if you, its inspirators, might have any interest in it.

Developed as study of a TAG for the Imperial Service sectorial army would be, I created the Jingwei Mobile Enforcement Division, and would like to gauge your interest in it both as a fan work and potentially to develop further in partnership.

Below I've attached image files related to this project. In addition, I've also linked the forum threads discussing it, as well as profile and background material drafts.

I understand that yours is a busy organization, and appreciate any interest or feedback on your part. You may always reach me at this email address, (...)

In hindsight, I probably should have been more assertive in pushing it as a full on pitch, perhaps outlining potential compatibility with the kickstarter (although I imagine they already have most of their assets for that one together).

Tourniquet, Law Dawg, Triumph and 3 others like this.
  3. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

@Weathercock

What You will feel about "Try Out" the Jingwei conceptual idea in a context of the Infinity RPG. .?

So that could be considered to be optional in a more germane topic that "Just Fanart" (albeit of an EXCEPTIONAL Level of Skill) and, maybe, some "Fluff Background Novelization" in the Fanfiction Section. . . . .??

While integral to a independent setting (in the RPG exists many things that we will NEVER see on the Wargame Tabletop, while "Verisimilitude" of some Wargame-To-RPG Troop Stats need to be rebalanced in the Roleplaying Game optics) it could be a manner to explore whatever ramification of an ISS Dedicated "Mecha Platform" would be. . .

. . . . .

While a "War Frontline TAG Pilots" game could not be what most Players of the RPG want (I know because I tried to start one 2-3 Years ago and it failed miserably and spectacularly) the Jingwei as You presented it will be PERFECTLY suited to a "Police Cyber Intrigue" kind of Campaign that will be inspired to "Patlabor", "Appleseed" and "Ghost In The Shell" (this last one obviously the best suited to the intricacies of an Imperial Secret Service kind of Game). . .

Golem2God and Space Ranger like this.
  4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Saber117 and Dragonstriker like this.
  5. TheGreg1980

TheGreg1980 Well-Known Member

Just to show I'm still working on it, work and a family wedding were getting in the way but that'll ease off this week. The foot, it captures the essence I think of the original (I've just noticed a couple of things I need to change and fix) and it should be strong enough when printed to support the tag. I will do a work in so a peice of music wire can be placed in the leg to help support it and pin it to the base. Sorry about the potato photos I'll get some better renders today or tomorrow

inCollage_20210418_141302801.jpg

Willen, Rumdog, YueFei23 and 2 others like this.
  6. Weathercock

I hadn't thought of making the heel assembly fully collapsible like that. Really good move there.

7. TheGreg1980

Thanks :-) I'm trying get it so if time permits I could animate it

Dragonstriker and YueFei23 like this.
  8. Saber117

Saber117 Member

@TheGreg1980 Please let me know when you have the model in a completed/'close enough' state.
    I have a resin printer that is itching to bridge the virtual/reality gap for this thing.
    I'll even ship you a print (at my cost of course) if you have no way of printing it yourself.
    Love seeing this sort of stuff in the community (even if it is for a faction I don't play).

9. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

I would say there are quite a few resin printers just waiting for this model to become a reality!

Pinky and Saber117 like this.
  10. TheGreg1980

I've been printing with resin for 4 years now, (fdm I've had a small farm for a few years longer) I do alot of stuff locally. I love making minis for infinity and conversions, I've usually done my own thing as when I've shown things before and thought about getting models out there, a bunch of people implied I'm going to destroy the fabric of the universe providing models for profiles that don't exist or are way outdated. inCollage_20210420_052947963.jpg

11. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

TBH, if you have the talent to 3D model, and the desire to apply that to making an Infinity Army more awesome, then they are wrong. I am assuming you are not "making a profit ripping off CB IP", so...

That O-Yoroi (I am assuming it is an O-Oyoroi) is really cool, share more pics please! And the YeMaos are really cool as well.

12. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

It’s not going to destroy the fabric of the universe, but I think there’s a good balance the community should aim to hit. Conversion parts and extra weapons is ok, but whole minis based closely on CB concept and art that are obviously on CB’s todo list will cannibalize their sales. If someone has to buy a CB mini to work with your parts then CB win and you win.

If you have an original concept design of your own, CB can’t stop you making and selling it, and you should go to town with it.

In your pic, the Karakuri proxies look like a pretty original concept and the ye mao look like they’re a little too close for comfort. It would be fine to make those for your own army, but dodgy to sell or give away for free.

Saber117 and Mahtamori like this.
  13. TheGreg1980

Sorry guys for the lack of pictures, still working on her. It's mostly done detail wise. I'm in the process of cutting it up and getting it ready for printing. Here's a wip shot, the arms and ponytail section are missing and I promise I'll upload more pictures through the weekend
    jingwei03.jpg

Usashi, rac, Golem2God and 10 others like this.
  14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I literally said Oh Wow! out loud when I saw it. Fantastic work!

I may have missed this but what kind of CC weapon are you planning on doing? I know your artwork shows a sword but I highly recommend a more "chinese" style weapon. Kwan Dao is perfect for EXP CCW. The Chain Whip is perfect for a PARA CCW.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#134 Space Ranger, May 28, 2021
    Last edited: May 28, 2021
    Willen likes this.
  15. Triumph

We've had the standard jian pretty well represented and the Guijia sports both the Chinese hook sword and the dadao (Jing has one of these too).

I'm partial to butterfly swords and we haven't seen them sculpted yet. I think short swords would pair better with a long rifle rather than having both the long MSR and a pole arm.

16. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Makes sense with the MSR. But the chain whip could be fun but hard to sculpt i'm sure. If I can, i'm going to try to do a mold of the old Shaolin dao sword. It's my favorite sword next to the Tiger hook swords.

17. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Chris @ Monstrous Makings already has an STL for the Yu Jing dao sword that will work for the Guijia. You can buy pre-printed for a couple of dollars or get the STL if you subscribe to his patreon. So this is an easy conversion to do if you're already printing the Jingwei! (Also stock up on madtraps when you hit his store... haha).

https://www.monstrousmakings.co.uk/product/yu-jing-weapon/

Space Ranger likes this.
  18. Triumph

There's already a dao for the Guijia

[​IMG]

19. TheGreg1980

Thanks for all the positive feedback, I am going to make it as modular as possible as far as weapons go. I am well aware of monstrous makings and he does excellent work I prefer to sculpt my own weapons, here is another wip

jingwei04.jpg

Willen, rac, Mahtamori and 1 other person like this.
  20. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

That helmet and those fins alone, if I don´t paint it as a TAG I am slicing it as a bust. Superb work! Can´t wait for the STL!

Saber117 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation