1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

January (D)20(D)20 predictions

Discussion in 'News' started by roobot, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Dr.Dressler

Dr.Dressler Member

Having seen the new Raoul Spector model I have to say I can only hope for Mary to be included in some weird Defiance Box. I feel as if they gave us shitty models, just to sell Defiance - which actually shows, what the designers can accomplish. Very few models in there, that aren't amazing in my eyes.

2. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

IMO Tunguska starter set is hands down the most beautiful beginner pack available, also as a faction is drop dead gorgeous, that's why Mary and Roaul stick out like a sore thumb.

This is just my conspiracy theory but Defiance took all the men power and this as a result regular releases suffered, not saying in quality but are not as awesome as Defiance minis, some
    are really breathtaking.

LoganGarnett and Space Ranger like this.
  3. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

I don't think Mary is that terrible of a sculpt. I think the issue is the miniature does not correlate well with the imagination that was created in the fluff around the character. I personally expected to see a different facial expression, not the dour look she has.

#303 Click2kill, Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Section9 likes this.
  4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Maybe they should make cooler profiles then!

What's wrong with buying the Outrage box and using Uhahu?

Think you missed a NOT in there, but I agree with the revised statement. The mini doesn't match the mental image from the fluff (which is the same problem I had with the original Su Jian).

Click2kill likes this.
  5. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Mary is supposedly not looking like a child / not of childish figure. So the Wardriver or Brawler Hacker or any other hacker might be a closer Proxy.

Section9 likes this.
  6. Dr.Dressler

Dr.Dressler Member

Regarding Mary...I mean just look at her icon in Infinity Army. I got a clear vibe from that, that the miniature does nothing to realise.
    Mary is described as: "Nice legs, a criminal smile"*. I don't find her Legs nice. Quite the opposite. The smile? Which one exactly? Maybe Max Scorpio has strange tastes.
    She's a rebel, spreading anarchy, while grinning over her whole face*. The model though...there's no HACKTUNG, no russian vibe, no punk vibe, nothing but a pink submachine gun on her back...
    I mean, go read her up. There's no model in the book, but I clearly got pictures from reading her Fluff. The model is not it.

*Daedalus' Fall

7. Lucian

Lucian Well-Known Member

Huh. From her icon I'd expect somehing like hacking with Nintendo Power Glove

#307 Lucian, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Abrilete likes this.
  8. Kreslack

Kreslack See you Space Cowboy...

profiles for the new dire foes Jelena-EN.jpg Quinn-EN.jpg

csjarrat and Xeurian like this.