1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January>Avril 2024: A new Infinity year full of "magic"

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Time Bandit likes this.
  2. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

global week, they rely on TOs, they do nothing themselves. Hey, if you want to participate, sign up and organize your event.
    Minis previews: Can you remember when at big events the previewed minis were for ALL infinity armies and not only 2 of them?

3. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

the whole game needs rewrite and re balance at this point N4 is the least balanced infinity edition so far, as for the plastic tags I prefer them over the metal ones much easier to convert and magnetize
    PS: i don't get how this have anything to do with me liking better N3 Skyla N2 Attalanta N2Nesaie Alke have anything to do with your response

4. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I can't find the connection between your original post and the text I've quoted either. Dunno, some kind of a forum fluke...?

As for models - I can agree the old Aleph models had quite some character. At the same time, they were as hard to build as many other N2-era ones, due to tiny contact points for gluing.

Regarding game balance - I don't see a problem in the entire game, I see that some units don't make much sense and therefore need a rewrite to see the table more often. But hey, we can differ in our views.

5. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

Infinity is easily the best balanced war game right now. All factions repeatedly score 45-55% rate even those which haven't been in stock for years. I'd be very annoyed if someone decided to build a new version of the rules from the ground up, instead of only tune down certain types of units and interactions.

6. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Depends what you mean by balanced. Most of the concerns I've seen are regarding internal balance within factions. There's lots of bloat and there's also a strong selection of auto-takes in many factions. External balance averages out ok thanks to variables like missions/terrain/skill etc. that said, there's definitely some factions in need of a glow up

UpirLihi, redeemer and Stiopa like this.
  7. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I am late to the show, but here my 2 cents for the studio update:

Wow - the Chain Rifle release is the one the player may like best, what happend?

He looks like a Wulver but Wulvers are more beefy in game. I also miss something saying Apache.
    Apart from that: Cool pose. Would buy if I would play Ariadna.

Loup Garou - as Carlos mentioned in the video - just a refresh - still good!

Briscards - I sat here with a friend and we had to google the old minis. Not a friend of the old stuff. I think was about time for a rework here.

Moblot: Good pose. Many stuff on the body. Thight armour look samuraish.

Jaques - still a nice hommage. But too much stuff in the hands. Why troops have to hold main gun and side gun in the hands. That makes no sense in most of the cases.

Invinicible Army Box: HMG is missing. It would be so much better than the Hulang: New player buys big box and had to realise that he has to buy a 30-40 € box to get the HMG and had doubles of the two characters.

Alpeh Box: Good. If you did not buy anything of the main releases yet. I still think the old myrms are better.

Atalante: One the few resculpts that I like more than the old ones. She looks more military now. Spotbot on her base is also a good idea.

Sopho: Artwork is gorgeous. I like the collar and the fresh haircut. With the heartstarter set she looks more like a civi than a trooper. For someone like me who has the old stuff and the new Dactyls this box offers nothing new for me - not even a weapon variant for Sopho. Netrods look different - thats it. I think I skip her. In a single blister I would give her a chance. Don´t need a Yud Bot regiment.

Frogmen: This is the regular release of the old one that came with the book. Wow. They took their time. Looks good. Luckily I have the LE already ... painted!

Robo-Warcore: Looks very good. Would buy a 2nd Warcore. Plus: The drone on is shoulder Minus: All hands are full, carrying stuff, don´t like that.

Lupe: Very good resculpt. Old one was good, but this one is better. But ... I would not like to write that but I have to: She could use a bigger CCW (or none, just grab the tail of the dragonkin). This Potatoknife looks tiny.

(CC14 -> Yesterday I had a game, were Parvati (also carrying a sword while beeing at CC15) actualy knocked a Zhansi from the table IN CC! (she got a little help from a Naga).

Roller Girl: Fantasic. I wonder what material they will use for the half pipe.

Sonya: Like her! Cool pose, cool armour, nice look overall. I do not realy play O-12 but this box looks like a good buy for me.

Nightshade: Nobody wants the BSG - or? Mini looks good but the BSG looks to big for that stance.

Daemonist: This is difficult. The nun looks good but I don´t like the blank faceplate. The deamon thingy looks ... strange? Good: You can see, its artifical or robot. Bad: It also looks kinda silly and feels not very Infinity, not even very Observant. I am not convinced.

Funny: The view on the left, looks like mother take her child to school :smiling_imp::innocent:

Gencon teaser-pic: Looks scary for me. N5 will get a new scale? TAG Raid II? Rules for the action figures? New kind of over-TAG for all factions, like the CA thingy? Bigger is not always better :grin:

8. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Not quite true. There's been a regular release Liberto all this time, for many years in fact. This is a rework.

No idea why though. I'm sure the old one still sells fine. Would have preferred a regular release/resculpt of the Beasthunter, Bounty Hunter, Knauf, Rem Racer, Armand, Emily, or Kendrat. All profiles that are actually missing models.

Daniel Darko and UpirLihi like this.
  9. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

It's definitely not the forums, and if you knew any playtester or warcor involved more or less closely with CB here in Spain (like i bet Fari does) you'd know that.

As for your points, yes, we got a "new" army that ruleswise is basically one of the armies we already got but better, and "new" designs that, let's just say, seem to be a "homage" to some other well known company.

And then there is the Reinforcements fiasco that shows how well they playtest things and how much they care to solve probemsm in a satisfying way, it sure gives me a lot of confidence about how great the new game reveal for GenCon is gonna be. I'm gonna bet it is another attempted cashgrab in the vein of Reinforcements just judging by the TAG hints.

I sincerely hope Warcrow does great, I don't want to see Infinity go the way of the dodo.

10. UpirLihi

I generally default to the easiest option so in this case, my vote goes for either new TAGs (doesn't matter if TAG Raid II or not, they will have Infinity rules) or bigger miniatures, oriented towards painters, so that they replace Luxumbra. Busts, 75mm bootleg etc.

burlesford likes this.
  11. Errhile

Easiest option, IMO, would be siocast resculpts of the existing TAGs.
    • the rules / profiles are there anyway (maybe adding a loadout, or adjuting existing one)
    • no resulting unit bloat (since it is resculting the already existing models)
    • economically - replacing the expensive large metal miniatures with much cheaper to manufacture siocast ones.
    And there are many TAGs that still are done in metal - basically everythig that predates the Marut resculpt:
    • Szalamandra
    • Zeta
    • Sphinx
    • Blue Wolf
    • Cutter
    • Raicho
    • Overdrons
    • Xeodrons
    • Maghariba
    • Guija
    • Seraph
    • Anaconda
    • Gecko
    • Iguana
    • Jotum
    All of them currently in production.
    And then OOP:
    • Squalo (well, coming back soon as Squalo mk.2, with different Silhouette)
    • Gorgos
    • Scarface
    • Dragao
    • Uhlan
    • Tikbalang
    (whom I don't expect anytime soon, but hey).

Definitetly there's enough stuff to do, even if it is just replacing metal TAGs with plastic ones. 16 existing entries in the catalog, even if they redo half of these it wolud make for big news.

#771 Errhile, Mar 25, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
    UpirLihi likes this.
  12. UpirLihi

True. My only argument against this guess is that people generally do not want to create hype around a divisive decision. And this will be a divisive decision for the community.

13. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

I can assure you that O-Yoroi is in production and looks cool as hell.

Errhile likes this.
  14. Errhile

Thank you for the correction :)

Rabble likes this.
  15. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Not quite true. This is the SMG which come with the book. The regulare release is LSG.

True at the moment there is no regular ABH. There is hope, we miss the SMG ;-) Maybe this is a thing, with the ABHs that there should no regular mini ... at least not for long. For Beasthunter I collect some could be proxys but finaly got my YJ original :-) but yes its missing. I think the others are just not so important. A new Armand would be nice though.

In the End RF give us some nice profiles alongside some rare used ones that (nobody realy missed) we will see only once a year on the table - even if you play RF ;-)

The one on the right looks like a wing from the Yuan jetpack, while the left side look a bit samuraish. So yes could be some collectibles. But I am still not sure if a new - big models for collecters series needs a teaser for a big event like Gen Con.

Same here. I would wonder if they do a (nearly) all at once production update for TAGs and release it at Gen Con. Since TAG raid "big" gives me no good feelings in terms of Infinity.

#775 archon, Mar 25, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
  16. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Warcrow is the one that could fall flat. Infinity is in no danger. It already has a strong base and will be going for a long time I think. But Warcrow needs to have a good push to fly. I don't mind them marketing the hell out of it. It's what I would do if I were them.

As much as I'd like to do some of the biggest old TAGs in Siocast, I think they are going to make new ones. Re-Sculpts never sell as well as all new. Unless they are out of production for a good length of time. I expect them to say screw you to Yu Jing again though. They don't seem to want them to have more than two TAGs for some reason. Hassasin and Kosmo got TAGs before ISS. I say that because I think thematically ISS (part of the 2nd largest superpower, would have a TAG before them.)

Time Bandit likes this.
  17. tacos

tacos Well-Known Member

I think YJ, Haqq, Aleph and O12 (even tho they just got a new one) all have space for new TAGs. Esp YJ, they could prob have two new TAGs.

Releasing some new Tik/Dragoe sculpts would be an easy way to keep PanO players happy as well (Acon rework when CB????).

Something like that alongside some general army updates would be sick.

18. Errhile

Personally, I have long seen Su-Jian as ISS's TAG-analog. A light one, true, but exceptionally mobile, and honestly very nasty (inc. immune to some anti-TAG hacking programs - by the virtue of being, nominally, not a TAG).

But, when all is said and done, that's just my perception.

burlesford likes this.
  19. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

A return of Luxumbra would be wonderful, but given the teaser photos there's no chance.

20. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Ah, didn't know you were counting loadouts. I'm not much of a wysiwyg guy, if there's a model available, I call it good, no matter the loadout. But in this case you're right of course.

Daniel Darko likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation