1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January>Avril 2024: A new Infinity year full of "magic"

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Dec 5, 2023.

1. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Please don't mix two sentences toguether to make a strawman. The fallacy would be consider a sectorial balanced if it has useless units you would not ever use and the same number of overperfoming profiles that are used all the time.

As for "wait for the final profile release to judge": NO

Corvus Belli has released this, and the box is on preorder already. If this is not enough endorsement to talk about those profiles for you, then our views of the situation are so fundamentally different we would have nothing to talk about at all.

Repeating the same positive platitudes failure after failure is not feedback, just killing softly.

Please do come more often! We promise to offer butter with the popcorn!

Considering ALL units can be "hacked" (Spotlight) even in ARO, and the amount of EM ammo (and how ISOlated state imposes a -9 to Reset), well... I'd say less than when N3 ended.

I don't even want to imagine how to cost a skill that can let you use any amount of "extra orders" from 0 to 2 in a single army, frankly. Do you cost it higher if the sectorial has access to Lt+1order, making the pairing a must? Or cost it all the same for everyone, favouring Lt+1Order? Or overcost the +1Lt Order skill... only if there are NCOs in that sectorial? It's a mess!

BTS6+ thus far, even keeping the WIP13 that is the norm in O12

No. Tinbot is -3 (or -6) to the attacker, not +3 (to the defender), and does not stack with Fairy Dust, that's quite the different situation, since the AP of Oblivion won't affect the Rover roll, meaning he has a Reset 13 Vs (WP-3), then BTS6/2=3, so 14+ to save, that's a worse save but much better chances of not reaching that point.

May be the Remote Presence pilot, even if so many previous TAGs have been released without one.

Motorball, from Alita Battle Angel / GUNNM manga/anime/movie if you want to go for the true root.
    To join Reinhard-TAG, Sonya "Mortal Kombat" Blade, Samus Aran(te), Lupe "Kaaleshi" Balboa...

Stiopa likes this.
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I don’t think the SR are just like Zuyong, I think one very important thing is that all Zuyong, and Shang Ji, have Number 2. If a single SR is taken in a team and it’s killed, it’s likely the fireteam is gone for the rest of the game.

Zhencha were already copied and made better by the Sombra. The comforting thing is that not many take the Sombra because JCC players tend to take cheaper Morans or Bandits. IA doesn’t have that option. I just wish the Zhencha had better weapons like the Strider or Sombra.

I’ve got to say I’m getting that dire foes box just because of the fantastic figures! That roller girl is awesome just for the fun of it.

Klugders I can now see in the icon that it’s both a caduceus and a cog so it’s a Doctor and Enginner. A Lambda with better ARM and BTS and more sills. They look pretty cool too.

But man, those Wreakers!!! So Gundam! I love them. I’m willing to bet they are smaller TAGs considering they can Duo or Haris.

Time Bandit and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  3. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Tinpot gives you a +3 to your BTS saves I think

4. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Tinbot's give a firewall mod which grants a -3 to the damage of comms attacks regardless of the WIP mod (-3 or -6).

Bignoob and Brokenwolf like this.
  5. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

Comparing cross Faction is always difficult if you want to keep your mental sanity.

The fairest comparison for me is with the Crusher from O12.

With submachine gun they have practically the same loadout, they both have 2 wounds (with NWI), both mimetism, both are button pushers, and both Fwd dep +8

For basically the same cost, the strider gains more armour and BTS, Stealth, NCO, Minelayer, and Camo, which are all premium Fwd dep skills. All of that for the cons of costing half a SWC, a slightly lower BS, and of being hackable, which can be mitigated by going back into Camo.

I’d say the Strider is a top notch trooper. However for me it brings mainly the spotlight on the Crushers. Casanova was already giving a bad time for the Crushers to be selected, but the Strider makes it even more apparent that they need a slight buff

#565 Bignoob, Mar 7, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
    xagroth, SpectralOwl and Space Ranger like this.
  6. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

I definitely get that Dire Foe Box with Lupe and Battle Angel Alita - I plan to use that TB Lady as a ABH or CSU Proxy.

7. Bignoob

Tinbot gives -X to the hacker roll AND -3 to the damage.

So in your example with a Tinbot -3, the rover doesn’t save on 14+ but: 16 - 3 - 6/2 = 11+

edit: corrected my slight mistake

#567 Bignoob, Mar 7, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
  8. iKon

iKon Not Very Well-Known Member

I'd settle for a Boarding Shotgun/Panzerfaust

9. CmdrSandmann

CmdrSandmann Well-Known Member

The damage reduction on Firewall is always -3, no matter what X is.

xagroth, Bignoob, Solar and 3 others like this.
  10. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Finally a new Lupe Sculpt this is great! Rollergirl is another excellent HVT too.

I do not know, I much prefer Zencha for IA, Striders are fine for their sectorial.

Bignoob likes this.
  11. Bignoob

Lupe looks gorgeous!

12. Scoria

Scoria Member

Is Klugder a deliberate choice, or just somebody being very consistent with their misspelling of kludge?

burlesford and UpirLihi like this.
  13. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

+1 on that. I've been wondering whether it came from kludge or from the German kluge.

14. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

C+ is 2 points. NCO is 2 points on Infantry such as the Strider, and 4 points on TAGs.

Unless you're Nomads in which case it's 2 points on TAGs because fuck you, protagonist faction perks.

She's smoke for Wildcat hackers, it's already stupid good. Literally forces uncontested rolls against anything that doesn't have MSV.

#574 Triumph, Mar 8, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
    Lesh' likes this.
  15. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Nomads get 2pt NCO on the Gator as a reward for not being whiny little bitches 100% of the time, food for thought perhaps

16. Triumph

I mean it's easy to run around with a holier than thou attitude when you consistently get unexplained under pointed units.

Lesh' likes this.
  17. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

You have spent hours and hours of your life writing literally thousands of words about how mad you are about Infinity, and how much you don't care if nobody likes you and we're all sick of it. You post on this forum like it's an unpaid job that you hate. You literally have swerved this conversation onto the Gator because you are sufficiently mad about it that you can't have a conversation on here without diving off onto one of your many obsessions over the minutiae of points costs.

So no, its not that hard

18. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

22pt smoke. I can get that on a better package with McMurrough or for cheaper with Jaguars. I have never seen the use for her.

But let's get back to TLB, shall we?

19. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Not talking about Lupe when she finally gets a new model and it is gorgeous?

In general she is a good smoke distribution when you have points and no more slots, in a Haris for example or an extra in the Alquaciles link.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  20. Triumph

Jags don't link with the Evader anymore which brings an engineer and tinbot for the Wildcat, and McMurder doesn't travel with the fireteam for order efficiency.

If you want to abuse setting up no ARO options for your opponent to the fullest extent Lupe's part of the set up for that.

Written by someone who's mad that I'm, as usual, right on the money.

Daireann likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation