1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITS10 & Civilians

Discussion in 'ITS' started by Flipswitch, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Howdy folks, bit of a talking point on this one (I think this is the best area on the forum for this?). Would you like to see this rule included more (potentially as side objectives for future ITS objectives? I've tended to avoid running Rescue for missions as it's the only objective that needs the markers specifically, so it feels a little like the odd mission out as far as event requirements go. I love the theme of the mission and the actual mechanics involved, so I'd love to see more of it. What do people here think?

HellLois likes this.
  2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

There usually are two problems with Rescue: one is logistical in nature (to have the extra civvies per player), the other is how much does it favours spam, or gets capped/nightmarish because of Limited Insertion.

Personally, I think the new HVT Kill/kidnap objectives give enough variety to the civilian models, but we can always check new ideas, like an uncontrolled HVT with stun gun roaming randomly (using the smoke template) and firing against any unit at hand, with the players having to capture and Medevac (yeah, KO and carry) the stoned VIP to his/her parents! Quite funny if you happen to run a IS Vs Bakunin game XD

3. Flipswitch

Yeah logistical requirements is actually one thing that's kept it out of my mission rotation recently. I've been toying with requiring players to bring 4x suitable models with them should we run the mission, but I haven't taken that step just yet. Agree on the HVT Kill/Kidnap, would love to see more of it. :)

xagroth likes this.
  4. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member

players could use 3d camo markers if they don't have the models. I agree, asking for 4 Civilians per player is a bit too much.

I think ITS should have more missions with civilians, preferably moving ones.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Should I re-share my Crowd Marker rules idea?

Flipswitch likes this.
  6. Flipswitch

do it.

also I forgot I made this thread, but the new mission; Unmasking is a really nice addition that uses tokens like these and I support the ITS going in this direction!

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

OK, crowd markers.

Crowds

Crowd templates represent a mass of people going around their daily lives. A Crowd is assumed to be fairly packed with people. As such, Crowds have 360 visibility. Crowds act as a human-height (ie, 1.5”/4cm tall) Zero Visibility Smoke zone the size of a Circular Template, as well as being Difficult Terrain for all models. Shooting into or through a Crowd (via Suppression Fire or Intuitive Attack) is at a -6 penalty, and any shots that would have hit the target but for the -6 penalty are assumed to have hit someone in the Crowd. The consequences for hitting a Crowd or an individual Civilian will be specified in the scenario.

Revised Panic Check and Crowd Dispersal rules (26 Nov 2014)

Crowds Panicking

Crowds are notorious for their unpredictable behavior in the presence of danger.

Things that will cause the Crowd to make a panic check are:

• Having a model be taken Out of Action (go Unconscious or Dead) within the crowd or within the Crowd's ZOC (within 8” of the edge of the marker) and within LOF.

• Having any template (circular, large, or small teardrop) placed within the Crowd's ZOC (within 8” of the edge of the marker) and within LOF.

• Any BS or CC attack made by models within or touching the Crowd.

• Any model in the crowd (whether a player's model or part of the Crowd) gets hit by an attack.
    To determine the results of a Panic Check, roll on the following chart:

1-10: Crowd as a whole scatters 8” in a direction based on die roll, with the arrow of the Circular Template pointed away from the location of the event that caused the Panic Check.

11-15: Shell Shock/Grab Commlog/Cheer or Jeer. Crowd stays put.

16+: Crowd scatters into individuals who all take cover/go to ground. Remove the Crowd Marker.

The Disperse Crowd order is a short skill, so you can walk up and attempt to disperse the crowd. A model must be within ZOC (8”) of a Crowd to Disperse it. Roll on the appropriate table for a Crowd's reaction to a dispersal attempt. The Scenario will specify whether Crowds are Friendly, Neutral, or Hostile to each side, and it is possible that a Crowd will have the same reaction to both player forces.

Friendly Crowd Dispersal:

1-5: Crowd as a whole scatters 8” in a direction based on die roll, with the arrow of the Circular Template pointed away from the location of the event that caused the Panic Check.

6-10: Shell Shock/Grab Commlog/Cheer or Jeer. Crowd stays put.

11+: Crowd disperses. Remove the Crowd Marker.

Neutral Crowd Dispersal:

1-10: Crowd as a whole scatters 8” in a direction based on die roll, with the arrow of the Circular Template pointed away from the location of the event that caused the Panic Check.

11-15: Shell Shock/Grab Commlog/Cheer or Jeer. Crowd stays put.

16+: Crowd disperses. Remove the Crowd Marker.

Hostile Crowd Dispersal:

1-5: Crowd as a whole scatters 8” in a direction based on die roll, with the arrow of the Circular Template pointed away from the location of the event that caused the Panic Check.

6-15: Shell Shock/Grab Commlog/Cheer or Jeer. Crowd stays put.

16+: Crowd disperses. Remove the Crowd Marker.

The Disperse Crowd order is a short skill, so you can walk up and attempt to disperse the crowd. A Friendly Crowd gives the Dispersing model a +3 bonus to the Panic Check, while a Hostile Crowd will impose a -3 penalty to the Panic check. The Scenario will specify whether Crowds are Friendly, Neutral, or Hostile to each side, and it is possible that a Crowd will have the same reaction to both player forces.

Hiding in Crowds

It is possible for any Silhouette-2 LI, WB, or SK, as well as Silhouette-1 remotes like Helperbots or Crazy Koalas to hide in a crowd, regardless of whether or not the models have CH:Camo, or TO Camo. Just like a model replaced by a camo marker, it requires a Discover Roll at -3 to reveal, and gives Combat Camo. However, the jostling and random motion of the Crowd impose a -6 on shots out of the Crowd. Models with Holoprojector L1 require a Discover Roll at -6 to reveal, and also have the effect of Combat Camo. Models with CH:Camo or TO camo require a roll at -6 or -9 (-3 for the area and -3 or -6 for Camo/TO), and models with Impersonation require two Discover rolls, the first at -9 total and the second at -3.

Note that shooting out of a Crowd will cause the crowd to make a Panic Check, so there's little chance of the Crowd sticking around for the shooter to re-camouflage if the shooter doesn't normally have Camo or TO.

Modeling Crowds

As a minimum, a crowd marker can be represented with a picture of wall-to-wall people the size of a circular template. You can find such pictures pretty easily, particularly for big cities like New York or Tokyo. It will look better if the area is marked by an acetate or felt circle with a number of civilian models on top. Leave space between the civilian models for a 25mm base. You could also add a food cart or street performer to create a small scene.

Flipswitch and CoveredInFish like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation