1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's official JSA are NA2 and no longer Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Mar 2, 2018.

1. ArTrodes

ArTrodes Never give up

If see more new images, we must wait to Adepticon and stay tunned to news.

Yujing haven´t yet say last word. And when we read the new book we see more clarerly what happened.

2. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

I would agree say that the ITS data can be misleading, especially as I'm led to believe that the data they analyse is the stuff actually uploaded and saved to ITS, i.e. straight up tournament lists, I make all sorts of gimmicky tat lists that I'd never dream of taking to a tournament however for an evenings game or experiment It'll see as much use as the optimized choice.

Well part of Bostria's Gencon seminar last year was going through the list of upcoming releases and saying the one at Adepticon would be "massively controversial and would upset some people" so they have clearly known for at least a year and were well aware that there would be the current shitstorm.

As for design space I can certainly see why CB have split them off, YJ were my third faction (following the glorious CA and Ariadna) and they have pretty much everything in vanilla: cheap cheerleaders in a variety of appealing flavours, bargain basement HI, premium HI, No CC, Overkill CC, BS 13 mimetic drop troops with AVA 3 under 40 points, Koalas, mad traps, KHD, Holo projector, MSV, Viral, EM, breaker, HMC, Bikes, TO, Mono, Minelayer, excellent warbands, battle TAG, Cheap gimmick TAG with stealth, Tiger-robot-that's-better-than-a-TAG and the list goes on. It's far faster to list the things they don't have.

I play vanilla YJ as a holiday from having to make choices, they can shasvastii better than shasvastii, they can out order pool Ariadna, their bike gangs make USARF look clunky, their HI run rings around MAF and their top end stuff is arguably better than EI combat armatures like the Anathematic or Charontid and you can mix all of these things together. It's like playing Nomads but without having to feel like a bad person.

3. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

The point being that costs incurred are entirely subjective and not at all a reasonable justification for being a gaping asshole to the developers of the game. I don't give a fuck how justified someone might feel, don't be an asshole.

regarding your particular situation, I'm not going to tell you that doesn't suck. at least you still have a nicely painted shikami :)...

but, If you're not happy when someone admits their mistake, then I find you entitled. Was it Will smith that said it recently, It might be someones fault, but your happiness/enjoyment is not their responsibility. Acknowledging a mistake is about the best someone can do, because anything else they might do might actually make it worse, or offend someone else, then its just a circle of trying to appease.

Where do you stop? At you? at the next guy? at the 10th person, what if one of those appeasements hurts your feelings again? start again.

This completely ignores that the playtesting and ultimate split of minis may have initially included shikami in yu jing, then took them out later (post release or too close to release). Hence the mistake.

Not only assuming how thing works, but then over simplifying it to fit your own agenda is pretty cynical.

Kahlain likes this.
  4. Alphz

Sounds like you should just commit to the dark JSA side >:D

5. adamljung

adamljung Active Member

I agree that people are not justified for being "a gaping asshole to the developers of the game" - I do think however that people are justified to voice their opinions.

A nicely painted shikami that I won't be able to use, hurray ;)

And about the last point, I see we're bringing out the big guns and quoting the famous philosopher Will Smith, kudos :joy:.
    You can call me entitled all you want, I won't even argue (hey, I'm a white male earning a decent salary & living in europe so sure :joy:) - I just don't agree with your "hey they said sorry so it's really no big deal" attitude. (And the only thing I've seen was Carlos saying "woops we mistakingly painted this guy in yu jing colours when we launched him!" which is hardly admitting the whole launch was bad - but I might very well have missed something).

You & Will Smith are very right that the customers happyness/enjoyment is not corvus bellis responsibility, although you do not need to take many economic classes before you realize that it's something pretty good for them to have.
    I'm simply a mere customer voicing my complaints (not all that much either in my opinion, I mean I could care less if the corporation was literally funding wars with their money, I'll still play the game). I do however wonder if the roles were reversed and you were in my shoes if you'd feel how you're feeling now.

Anyways these are just 6 am ramblings, let's just agree to disagree, I'll sit in my corner being entitled and cranky at them for royally fucking up the shikami release, and at the end of the day we'll both still be playing the game.

6. Alphz

Sounds good to me :v:

7. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

This is something that is supposed to work both ways, but evidently doesn't.

How's tears CB, salty enough?

Shiwen and Hecaton like this.
  8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You're both making assumptions and being an ass about it. Also, that doesn't remove CB's responsibilities to their customers. I'm still interested in how customer protection laws would apply to a case like this.

Hecaton likes this.
  9. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I would be surprised if somebody wouldn't have tried to go that route by now.
    Pretty sure nothing can be done if company chooses GW's approach of "we are miniature company that sells miniatures".

10. Mahtamori

I would be very surprised.

At least in most parts of the EU the one responsible for upholding those rights are the store where the miniatures were bought, and then that store would have to claim money back through their supplier. Doing this to your FLGS is a bit of a dick move to many, even if it were your rights, since FLGS tend to operate on a lot of goodwill around it. They aren't one of those Apple temples that exist to sell and only sell.
    Should the store refuse to accept an assembled and probably painted miniature because they're unhappy with how CB changed the purpose of the product, that means you'd have to try and go through customer advocacy groups in order to force the store to purchase the product back - often those advocacy groups don't accept products/purchases with low value meaning it'd have to be someone who made a large purchase or large amount of purchases during the past year.
    Add to this that for this to have impact the decision would have to go by EU laws, and that's a whole new level of fuckery involved to get there.

Essentially, it'd take someone in the EU to directly try to refund a purchase of I guesstimate over $150 worth of JSA figurines purchased directly from CB in order to force through a precedent that'd force CB to give green light to all the small stores to refund all customers before anything actually happens of note.

Basically, I'm fairly certain that it's within customer rights to return JSA figurines bought in 2017 (within most of EU and probably in the US as well), but CB is probably safe from having to do it because of all the obstacles customers have when trying to enforce their rights when it comes to such small purchases in a niche market.
    Again, most of all, you don't want to be a douche to your FLGS.

(Plus, you know, I think many are like me, wanting to hold on to their figurines and see how the JSA glove fits them - and it's not like I'm not enjoying discussing this thing most of the time, either)

11. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

You might be certain about it, but you are wrong. With the purchase of a miniature, you purchase a miniature and not a right to always be able to use that miniature in combination with certain other miniatures. That is not how purchasing things works.

barakiel and meikyoushisui like this.
  12. Mahtamori

That's basically what Sony said when they rolled back custom OS support from the PS3 even if they didn't force the update on people, so I wouldn't be so sure.

I'm very sure it won't make it far enough to be decided in court, though.

13. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

So, the army is updated and YJ has no news, or better, no adjustment, fantastic.

14. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I love getting fucked over.

Manfred_VR likes this.
  15. Mahtamori

I'm on mobile again, did Yu Jing Ninjas get the FO profile?

16. Spooky

Spooky Active Member

Nope.

17. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Hahaha. It's cute you thought we'd get anything.

meikyoushisui and Kallas like this.
  18. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Why would they give you guys anything? Any Yu Jing releases would compete with the JSA launch. They want as many people to buy into JSA as possible.

Henshini and Manfred_VR like this.
  19. Spooky

Spooky Active Member

Would have been cool if they fixed the Zhanshi CC tax. After all, we aren't the close combat faction anymore since we lost all of our best CC troops. Would have helped off-set losing Keisotsu as well. Guess we will need to rely on Kuang Shi and cheap remotes even more now.

20. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

We understood that this was a commercial maneuver, nothing for YJ, now I'm really curious to see how it will be justified.

Hecaton likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation