1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's official JSA are NA2 and no longer Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

Every opinion is important, if is intelligent, and yours is it.
    Well, I have not yet expressed my opinion about this secession, I'm not a warcor but every month I organize an official tournament for my community and I'm a good player, I won 3 of the 5 tournaments I played, so take my considerations seriously xD.
    In the past I played YJ and ISS, never JSA 'cause I prefer the chinese side, maybe 'cause I'm italian and my country has a great ancient history, just like China, so, I enjoyed this army but, having other priorities, I failed to realize this it.
    A month ago, having completed my last army, I bought a small YJ lot just to, finally, start this army, but now I don't know what to do, it makes sense to start a faction that has been impoverished and that will not have a new sectorial soon ?
    Personally I don't like new JSA miniatures and I'm not going to take the new box, I was expecting invincible army, instead the hoax came to me.
    I don't wanna leave the game, I still have a lot to do and 3 other armies and I will continue to spread the game and organize events, but I've to say it, I'm quite disappointed.

2. Extropian

Extropian Active Member

To be fair I’m unlikely to leave the game, but I can’t see myself playing until YJ is made into a full faction again.

Henshini likes this.
  3. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

As a player that started vanilla yu Jing and play exclusively without any JSA models within it (I have a JSA army which is completely separate) I can vouch that vanilla yu Jing is far from impoverished.

Yu Jing has some amazing versatility In the list building options. But they are predominantly built upon kuang Shi. Learn to love kuang Shi and yu Jing shine!

In addition, with the secession, you can be damn sure that in the near future that yu Jing will be getting a lot of love

sarf, krossaks, meikyoushisui and 2 others like this.
  4. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I've decided to cancel my JSA-preorder, because some of the miniatures don't look all that appealing to me anymore from an aesthectic point of view.
    The book with the Brawler plus a few split box purchases from JSA shall suffice and the remaining budget will go into more Yu Jing (new Kuang Shi and a Kanren have been on my list for a long time and Wu Ming could be interesting, too, once Ikari Company is going to be a thing ...).

It's funny how this whole situation affects people differently.

Arlic, A Mão Esquerda and Manfred_VR like this.
  5. Extropian

Extropian Active Member

It’s not about whether they can be good or not. They can. I’ve played virtually every variety of list with vanilla.

It’s about having a lot of fun options that I, and others, sunk a lot of time and money into taken away and as yet (and yes, this may change but right now there’s nothing) we have had nothing to alleviate that.

I don’t care if they are the most competitive faction in in the game. I do care that we have lost stuff with actual value, both in game and out, and received just jokes in return.

6. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

Yes, in the future, but now? Patience is not one of my virtues, especially if I've been waiting for Invincible Army for 3 years.

True, I can only tell you that I agree with your opinion about JSA models.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  7. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Really? Because Bostria said that it was going to be a "dark time" for Yu Jing. Do you think he was being sarcastic or facetious?

meikyoushisui and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  8. WaciQ

WaciQ Member

I believe the proper term would be 'discouraging towards purchases, until further notice'...

Section9 and Pierzasty like this.
  9. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

They'd rather have you but JSA at this point. It only makes sense to paint Yu Jing's situation as dire when the whole Uprising hinges on JSA freeing themselves from their oppressors.

It makes things a lot easier when you don't take Bostria's words at face value, but rather as marketing speech.

10. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Well-Known Member

42 different unit profiles with multiple options isnt a full faction?

11. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

Agreed with @Knauf , to a point. We know two things about this release: Corvus Belli can be bad at communicating, and they are sticking firmly on-target for promoting the new product. Bostria's 'dark times ahead' line means people are more likely to buy the JSA box for now then go back to Yu Jing later when it gets a wave of releases.

But (while I dont really believe this is the case) I can absolutely imagine it also being trolling for hype... the idea that a new YJ release like IA will be more explosively awesome if the players think they're surrounded by darkness and then suddenly LIGHT. I don't think that would be a good approach, but maybe Corvus Belli does.

BenMoss and Hecaton like this.
  12. WaciQ

WaciQ Member

Even if taken as marketing, it still looks bad. How many times in this hobby creator's decision to divide armies was met with good feedback?

Again, if they kept JSA profiles in YJ with lowered AVA, most of players now raging about the split wouldn't even raise an eyebrow.

Hecaton likes this.
  13. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I understand your perspective, although I disagree. The point I was trying to make is that it would only detract from their sales for JSA if they gave away the upcoiming sectorial for Yu Jing. Invincible Army might very well be one of the remaining 4 armies to be released this year, but they sure as hell won't give it away at this point in time.

14. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

They'll stick to their own release/development schedule. Folks can either be patient enough for it, or not.

15. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for Invincible since first quarter of 2009, the year the first version of Human Sphere was released, when CB started revealing the idea of sectorials as the first expansion of the game. So far 9 years awaiting for what should had been a compulsory release instead of that bad joke of Military Orders promoted by Psychotic Storm.

Hecaton and WaciQ like this.
  16. Alphz

Patience is a virtue with no bounds to applicability. This hobby has taught me a lot of patience.

But being aware that's it's not your thing currently is good! At least you acknowledge it. In which case, if the current you Jing roster doesn't do it for you, best to shelve them and pick up some of the other fantastic armies.

Yu Jing will get love but it might be 6-12 months

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  17. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Smaller vanilla factions run about 50 units or so. It's still a full faction, but it's definitely on the smaller side .

18. Devrailis

Devrailis Well-Known Member

Just want to chime in here with my 2 cents.

I don't play Yu Jing in any capacity and I have no desire to collect JSA, so take my opinion with a grain of salt - I don't KNOW exactly how Yu Jing is being impacted from a gameplay perspective with the removal of the JSA profiles from the faction. I collect Haqqislam (QK specifically) as their faction aesthetic and fluff appeals to me the most so I don't really have a horse in this race, not directly any how.

That being said, I feel Yu Jing got handed a raw deal. Corvus Belli could have handled this event better. Blunt talk here, even as a non-Yu Jing player, from what I've seen, it seems that Corvus Belli's interactions with the Yu Jing playerbase has been one of utter disrespect. Yu Jing as a faction is being treated as the butt of a joke here and any complaints from Yu Jing players seem to be brushed aside with a "suck it up" or "calm down, there's nothing wrong".

One of the things I highlight to people when I try to generate interest in this game is the gray on grey nature of the setting and how every faction has their bright spots as well as their closets full of skeletons.

With Haqqislam, it's easy, we're the faction of enlightened humanism, defenders of the quest for knowledge, even our army lists are full of bright-eyed doctors! We're also just not large enough to be a pushy power-player and have to work diplomatically to achieve our goals. We also employ ruthless mercenaries, privateers and assassins. Our government bodies are run in part by corrupt business tycoons.

Yu Jing, especially recently in the fluff, is full of boot-stamping political oppression, second-class Japanese, brain-washed political prisoners, penal military units and back-stabbing political schemers.

What Yu Jing needs and needs badly are more stories of heroic Yu Jing military units defending humanity against the Combined Army, or even its own citizens against threats by the other human factions. It needs a morally conflicted judiciary agent tracking down a ruthless terrorist and struggling to maintain his humanity while using brutal means to chase his quarry. We used to get bits and pieces of this back during N2 with small hints of fluff suggesting that Yu Jing DID have people who cared about upholding law and order while showing compassion to civilians. There's precious little of that, if anything in the current fluff. If anything, when these scenarios come up, they also need to be highlighted.

What I would really like to see from the Uprising storyline is an ISS team trying to foil a Pano-backed/Hexedron conspiracy to entice the JSA into an Uprising for Pano's own gains... and failing. But give them a moral victory while still leading to a tragic event like the Uprising plot in the first place. We would close out the plot line with a snippet of the uprising's leaders hoping for additional Pano support only to find out that Pano has abandoned them as they have already washed their hands of the whole event, leading to an isolated Japanese ethno-state where many of its citizens are perhaps even worse off than they were before the rebellion. (I'm obviously being influenced by the treatment and abandonment of the Kurds by the great powers in recent events here.)

THAT is the nuance I am expecting to see as befitting the Infinity setting. I have not read the book yet so I do not know if the storyline goes in this direction. If not, then I'll be very disappointed. We seem to be getting a caricature of Yu Jing being jackbooted thugs with some snippets here and there saying "well and the JSA are meanies too". I expect better, Yu Jing as a faction deserves better, the Infinity setting by extension deserves better.

I am also worried. Yu Jing's playerbase had no way to prepare for this. There was no real forewarning and Yu Jing players currently have no recourse. Players who did rely heavily on JSA units in their Vanilla lists have lost options with nothing gained to balance this out. Given Corvus Belli's treatment of Yu Jing's concerns, I can understand the lack of trust towards CV right now. I also worry about how, as a Haqq player, we will be treated if something similar happens to us.

Infinity is a great game. I have little interest in looking elsewhere for my miniature fix. The setting is detailed and exciting. The models are damn sexy. But I'd be a lying man if I didn't say that these recent events have shaken my trust and faith in Corvus Belli as a company that truly cares about the whole of its player base.

P-Chan, Barrogh, Kallas and 8 others like this.
  19. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The problem is that unless we are CB has no incentive to not do this kind of thing.

Section9 likes this.
  20. Alphz

A well thought out post.

Id like to ask which CB fluff everyone is referring to that makes yu Jing cartoon evil? Is it recent? I've read all the books to date and never got that impression.

Secondly, your main points talk in past tense.
    Yu Jing haven't lost their profiles yet. We've been told they will, but theyre not gone. So again, talking like it's happened and CB have done nothing, before the actual point where it happens and they might have something to tell you then (read: this weekend) is premature.

So again, most complaints are being met with utter surprise at how upset people are before knowing everything. Your points against CB are actually just how people who are upset to irrational levels are saying and not what CB have said, or even close to it.

Carlos literally only said he knows some people are upset and that's getting translated into "fuck you yu Jing players". Which isn't just slightly irrational and hyperbolic.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation