1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITS 14

Discussion in 'News' started by Oathwood, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

I'm just glad some scenarios are still using the defense turret, because i converted a nice Tohaa turret and never got a chance to use it.

Savnock, burlesford and Abrilete like this.
  2. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Defense turrets are an awesome addition to the game. Love to see more missions with neutral defense turrets guarding the Objective Room.

Robock, HellLois, LeGweg and 2 others like this.
  3. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

This week there have been articles and videos of debate on this season, here is the index of links:

Infinity Tournament Season (ITS) 14 Rules Round-Up
    https://www.goonhammer.com/infinity-tournament-season-its-14-rules-round-up/
    Infinity Tournament Season (ITS) 14 Thunderclap
    https://infinitytheuniverse.com/blog/its-thunderclap

Fast Panda Gaming: Data Burst 17, Infinity the Game - The all New ITS 14 Mission pack Thunderclap
    Late Night Wargames - Episode 105: Infinity ITS Season 14 Breakdown!

4. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

While doing the translation for my community, in the comparison step with the Spanish version, I saw this error in the Biotechvore mission:

Points of the classified objectives do not match.

HellLois likes this.
  5. RAF

RAF Something Wicked

I think that 2 points per objectives is corect. That way you can achive max 10 points.

Wizzy likes this.
  6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I've got to say I'm still disappointed some missions are almost impossible for some forces. Looting & Sabotage in particular for ISS and a few others. ISS has no TAG and very little weapons to destroy the AC2. It would help if the added monofilament to the list of Anti-material weapons. Mindwipe is at least a little more doable since we have hackers. But for USARF and some others it's almost impossible.

Jumara likes this.
  7. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Anyone can get D-Charges from Panoplies. ANYONE.

Hackers are not mandatory for the mission. You are not forced to use the Data Erasure bonus program to destroy a Server... D-Charges are enough...

HellLois and Savnock like this.
  8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Oh yes, and the auto defence also aren't limited to only triggering on CC Attacks in this edition, so it's extra fair for everyone.

This is an improvement over the ITS 13 version, but it's still the worst mission.

9. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Yes and easier said that done. Especially when you know it. I would make sure the enemy doesn't get them and make sure to kill the few I know that can accomplish the mission.

10. Mahtamori

From my experience playing this mission in N3 with ISS when ISS wasn't exactly stellar; D-Charges are one of few weapons potent enough at destroying an AC2 so picking up D-Charges on the way to the thing was vitally important for most armies back then and it'll still be very important now as well as offering the option of list variety.
    Back then you'd see Saito walk up to the thing and wail on it for 6-7 orders until it was done which was marginally more order efficient, but that's no longer a realistic option due to how the defence works as it now demands results on the first hit. And that means AP and EXP at the same time, which is in very short supply outside of picking D-Charges up from a Panoply with a CC monster.

Bottom line is that the mission doesn't hugely disfavour ISS because ISS is missing Anti-Material CCW (or ranged for that matter), plus ISS isn't exactly bad at moving units past those Panoplies like they were in the past and sticking a Pheasant in one of those Harises is not outlandish like it was in the past.

It's not a bad because you are playing ISS, it's bad because you are playing Looting And Sabotaging and most factions should be equally disfavoured by it. Not all, but most.

csjarrat and Jumara like this.
  11. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

While an improvement from when they couldn't I still think the mission design for L&S isn't very good.

On the other hand I played Cryogenics today, was an interesting one.

csjarrat likes this.
  12. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

New video by Vaulsc.

ITS Rules Season 14 REVIEW: Thunderclap

burlesford likes this.
  13. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I read this sentence as: You can attack and struggle with ADS or you simply put D-Charge on it and call it a day.

chromedog likes this.
  14. Mahtamori

Yes. But in season 14 it'll zap you regardless of what you do ;)

15. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

There was official ruling posted somewhere on warcor forum but quoted in rules section that made ADS work in ITS13 work the same way as they do now. So nothing new here, just well explained for everyone to see.

16. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

@HellLois given they have no PH score, what happens when a turret gets hit by an adhesive launcher?

17. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Okay, because "place deployable" has the attack label?

So "placing deployable (D-Charge)" is like Berserk vs an AC2 (or other game elements with ADS).

I hope I got it right now, so that I can explain it, when others are in doubt.

Old version was:

A tiny little change, that have a big result.

#57 archon, Sep 27, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    burlesford likes this.
  18. Hecaton

That's lame as hell. Guess I'm not putting those missions into any ITS tournament I run...

csjarrat likes this.
  19. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

Right, there are a mistake. In Spanish should be 1 point per each classified.

As the Paralysis ammunition states:
    https://infinitythewiki.com/Paralysis_(PARA)_Ammunition
    This Ammunition has no effect on targets that have no PH Attribute. In this case the target will not roll and will ignore the effects of this Ammunition.

Savnock, Abrilete, Wizzy and 6 others like this.
  20. Hecaton

Ok!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation