1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITS 13 NEW ITS SEASON: FROZEN ROADS

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Abydog, Sep 27, 2021.

1. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Yea. Have 14 or so sectorials at the moment. Play weekly. But that doesn't mean I can't call them out for mistakes or flaws. I'm not a fanboy who will mindlessly support CB no matter what.

Hecaton likes this.
  2. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I don't buy models with any expectation of their rules.
    I buy the models that I think LOOK cool above all other considerations. Or because I can convert it to make it look even cooler. If I like the MODEL, then it gets painted. When it gets painted, it gets played with. ONLY then is their profile looked at, because until that point, the profile is irrelevant.

I converted models because I wanted to - to fill a gap. I'm a "MAKER" not a gamer (converting a keisotsu msr should prove that. What kind of idiot puts a sniper rifle in the hands of a bs11 unit?). I would rather sit back, make models/terrain than play most of the time.

3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

A miracle you've got a playable Infinity army if you're buying only the minis that look good with no regard for their playability.

Mogra, Nuada Airgetlam and AmPm like this.
  4. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Wait, you can enjoy the products according to your own criteria, rather than those of a small online group that belittles and berates you? What dark magic is this?

sarf, burlesford, Goonhammer and 6 others like this.
  5. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

If you ask some people, I don't have any playable armies. I just don't ask those people - life sucks enough without having thrill-suckers vampiring the remaining joy out of it.
    Based on my own playing experiences, ALL of my armies suck. Or I just suck at playing the game. Honestly, it's 50:50 at this point and I still don't care. Life gets so much easier when you stop giving a crap about the opinions of people who don't matter to you.

6. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

I am not sure, The Santa does look like it could be a great source for a Moto ABH conversion, but I am also seeing the probots are going out of production in November, and I am thinking they could make for fun conversion on their own with just a little conversion.
    There is also a morlock to cheerkiller conversion which I have been neglecting.

7. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Ironic that the thread about "Frozen Roads" turned into a Flame War.

8. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Indeed, thread closed for cleaning up.

Ashtaroth and Wikkid Devil like this.
  9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Posts removed and/ or edited thread cleaned up and discussion can resume.

While we do not intent on removing criticism for the company, we do expect such criticism and discussion to be conducted at least in a civil manner, though constructive and positive is much more preferred.

That been said, I do not know why I have to say it (again) that people can and usually do have different opinion from other people and usually this is something that needs to be accepted, agreeing to disagree and move on is an acceptable stance in life.

I think the arguments here are nuanced and frankly while it is a binary answer in most of the questions, for example has the model profile been changed/ discontinued? Yes > can the model be proxied officially to another model? Yes.

This is not the question really been asked by some though, personally I do not follow or subscribe to the logic of buying models for the profile or using only top competitive models, and this is not what I see in reality, many people buy models for the aesthetic and use even willingly such models because they simply like them, I am not denying there is a portion of the player base that models are just stats and the aesthetic of it is not relevant, but both player bases exist and many other in between them.

But fundamentally if the notion is CB should never change a profile (or discontinue it) because the players bought a model with the expectation of the profile, CB should never change suboptimal or too powerful profiles or advance the storyline because the creation of the model solidifies the profile, I do not think this is healthy for the game.

I am open to the debate, but only in a civil manner and with acceptance that people can disagree with ones opinion, but I do think this discussion, at least in depth, is probably a subject for another thread.

sarf, burlesford, Cthulhu363 and 8 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation