1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISS or Yu Jing vs Haqq IMP/CAMO Spam

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Azuset, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

But it’s still a direct template and should follow those rules shouldn’t it? If it does then it can’t target Friendly troops, Camo, or neutral figures.

valukr and Spauracchio like this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I can assure you that if CB is asked whether it can hurt friendly troopers or not, they'll FAQ it to say it can hurt your own troops if they even take the question seriously. Explode has always been a suicidal and volatile skill.

Also, it's not an attack declaration. Templates care about the attack declaration.

Diphoration likes this.
  3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

You're quoting the wrong rule.

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, let's get the correct rule in here.

Explode L1 is not an attack, so it can kill your own troops. It has always been able to kill your own troops.

-Ghost- and Diphoration like this.
  5. Spauracchio

Spauracchio Member

A curiosity: apart from Explode L1, are there any other templates that are not considered to be an attack or a weapon?

6. Mahtamori

None that are lethal, as far as I'm aware. Eclipse, Smoke, Nimbus and Stratuscloud are all templates that are non-attacks.

Explode L1 used to be the only way to kill the HVT, but now that HVTs are civilians, civilians have a rule that automatic obligatory attacks like Explode L1 are cancelled. (Yes, it's an attack, but it's an obligatory automatic attack, meaning it may not be cancelled) You also used to be able to set up complicated daisy chains of Explode with Karakuri and used to be able to have Gakis self-detonate with a WIP roll, but they removed Explode from Karakuri and they removed self-detonate from Explode.

7. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

I really like the Idea of blowing up a KS for certain impersonation discover.

Very YJ way to deal with nuisance XD

8. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

With to the Shavas rework, I expect to see more and more Speculo here - thanks for pointing me to the right guys dedicated to help the StateEmpire by sacrificing blowing away checking ID of suspicious guys wandering around. =)

ObviousGray and Section9 like this.
  9. Spauracchio

Spauracchio Member

Eclipse, Smoke, Nimbus and Stratuscloud are still considered attacks with damage 0 tho.

I guess the best thing would a FAQ from CB, since Explode L1 seems to be the only one left to have a lot of unclear implications...

10. Mahtamori

Nimbus is an attack, but Smoke and Eclipse are explicitly not attacks (see rules copy-paste below, last three words). Stratuscloud doesn't employ any attack skills at all, it's a state and a piece of moveable visibility zone (it's no more an attack than a piece of terrain containing waist-deep water).

Smoke and Speculative Fire
    Certain weapons that use Smoke Special Ammunition allow the user to use the Speculative Fire Common Skill. In that case, the Common Skill Speculative Fire works normally, even though it is a Special Dodge and not an Attack

Spauracchio likes this.
  11. Spauracchio

Spauracchio Member

Great, thank you @Mahtamori, I missed that part!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Optional
    REQUIREMENTS
    • A trooper must possess a Kuang Shi Control Device to declare this Special Skill.
    • The bearer of the Control Device and the Kuang Shi must belong to the same Combat Group.
    EFFECTS
    • This Special Skills allows the bearer to activate the Explode L1 Special Skill of all the Kuang Shi from his Combat Group at the same time.

Taken from detonate Kuang shi, it is an optional Entire Order Skill without the Attack Label.

oldGregg likes this.
  13. DarthMike

DarthMike New Member

How does detonate strategy work if Kuang Shi needs to be unconscious?

14. Mahtamori

15. DarthMike

DarthMike New Member

Ah I understood Kuang Shi needed to be unconscious to trigger explode.
    That would only apply for single explode, not active detonate of all of them. Now I understand it thanks!

16. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

But Discover is considered a Short Movement Skill, and Move + Move is a valid skill declaration. IDK if it's clear enough though, but I would argue it is possible to Move + Discover.

EDIT: Nevermind, It specifically says that when Moving during Impetuous, It works in a limited way (always moving full inches).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation