1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Vanilla Yu Jing viable?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Zerooness, May 13, 2019.

1. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

They can't blame you for war crimes when none of your troops participated in the battle.

csjarrat, smog and Space Ranger like this.
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

It's all about Plausible Deniability!

Maksimas likes this.
  3. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

IMO Vanilla Yu-jing is the most competitive way to play Yu-jing at the moment. Monks, guilangs, tiger soldiers and the daofei should be enough to back this statement, but the ability to mix and match the best our sectorials have to offer is also a very strong selling point, like playing a mowang powered by a daoying AND a kuang-shi battery.

fatherboxx and Maksimas like this.
  4. Zerooness

Zerooness Member

thanks that is really helpfull :)

Maksimas likes this.
  5. Maksimas

Again, remember to take it with some pinches of salt, since differing play styles blah blah meta differences and personal tastes etc. are a thing. There should be enough laying around here for that.

Azuset likes this.
  6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Almost as much fun as handing someone a blank sheet of paper as your Courtesy List.

7. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Hi there, back to the forums after a hiatus:

What would you say is the best way to break a defensive fireteam when playing Vanilla? If the ARO piece doesn't have MSV2, you obviously smoke that bitch and spray it with Rui Shi/Hsien love... But what if they do? I'm thinking Kamau MSR or Haidao MSR. The Kamau specially, since it also has Mimetism to boot.

Do you drop a Liu Xing on them? Do you bring Nimbus?

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

9. Maksimas

Personally, I'd either:
    A: Get a Su-Jian/Zhencha/Hulang(?)/Daofei under the 16'' of the guy and shoot him in his bad range bands.
    B: Screw it and go just slug it out with a Hsien or MMS2 Rui Shi.
    C: Suicide HFT Lu Duans.
    OR what I'd most likely do:
    D: Go full caveman: Me see Kamau. Me look at Kamau. Me smash Kamau in gunfight with HI. ( So just opting for ''I have a good BS stat and a good gun, some dice in my hand and the thirst for blood in my heart. Lets just roll.'' )

10. Joametz

How so? Could you please elaborate? Haven't used her really.

11. Mahtamori

You also need Nimbus.

Lunah uses Marksmaship LX in order to achieve some seriously high odds. Stack on Nimbus' MODs on top of that and you're gold. Against most targets her Mimetism will also help and Limited Camo allows you to set up for the first, most vital, shot.

Azuset likes this.
  12. Space Ranger

With the caveat of only using him once since the change, I really like the Pheasant MSR. With Marksmanship LX, MSV1, he can be pretty good. No cover, no camo, with DA ammo.

13. Joametz

Wow, the odds are really good. Against a linked Kamau, you have a 60% chance of wounding vs a 20% chance of getting hit yourself (using MLX and Nimbus). I think I'm gonna give it a go! Lunah looks better against troops without visual modifiers (but those are rare in my meta).

14. Mahtamori

Against a Kamau you need to survive to get into position, and a Pheasant isn't great without MMSLX, meaning that you either need to counter-deploy using reserve model when you go first or you need to use a CT and a sacrificial model - so bring a MadTraps-armed model because them 'splodey bots make for great sacrificial models.

Joametz likes this.
  15. Joametz

I see your point. Taking into account the need of Nimbus for all this to work, Zhanying seems like a great choice: you get both Nimbus ammo and MadTraps to move-Oh please, ARO against my little bot-move into position.

I get to deploy cool looking models as well, kinda urging to try it lol

16. Space Ranger

Speaking of Zhanying, I like them also as a back up shooter using Triangulated fire!

17. Maksimas

I personally prefer to take Zhanying as either Hackers of Sensor-bearing MadTraps carriers.
    SSL2 hackers can do wonders sometimes.

18. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

The other option is bring Pheasant+Lunah instead of the Nimbus and give your opponent the choice, Dodge or die vs coordinated MMLX.

Maksimas likes this.
  19. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Things in my vanilla lists that dealt with Kamau since I play against Varuna every tournament and that piece is a boogeyman, especially for Yu Jing:
    1) Rui Shi grinding through it with dice and being repaired since he has the best odds and needs to fail 3 saves at once to die (unfortunately depends on the table)
    2) SuJian running in sniper 0s
    3) Guilang utilising MSV1 to get through mimetism and crawling into snipers 0 or mine-placement ranges
    4) Libertos chaincolt while hoping they fail the PH roll
    5) Desperation Lunah MMX shot of 1 die on 18 (Viral goes through Shock Immunity which is nice)
    Hsien is generally bad against fireteams but he may engage it on better odds than other units for once.

If sniper does not cover something, just concentrate on those areas and hunt the order pool or Helots if possible.

Joametz, Zerooness and ObviousGray like this.
  20. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Nimbus+Hsien got pretty nice odds for killing Kamau Sniper in my experience.

Yeah its order extensive, but a Kamau? Totally worth it. You're destroying their right arm.

Section9 and Joametz like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation