1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is CB aware of the requirements to declare Reset?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Hecaton, May 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, turns out you actually need to install that on your own computer, if you're running Mac or Linux.

Let's see if this works: This should be in Comic Sans.

Edit: Hey, it worked! You need to put FONT="Comic Sans MS" into square brackets at the start of your intended sarcasm, and then /FONT in square brackets at the end. Looks like this:
    Code:
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Sarcastic remarks[/FONT]

2. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Screen capped for future use

3. Section9

Would really be nice if we could just grab Comic Sans MS from the font dropdown, though. It's a lot more work to do it manually.

4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Is this really a popular requested feature?

xagroth, theradrussian and toadchild like this.
  5. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

The Internet: Where Bad is Good

xagroth likes this.
  6. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I tend to just use /s if I explicitly intend sarcasm, but using Comic Sans works as well.

Savnock likes this.
  7. Section9

It's a hideous font, pretty much impossible to take anything 'said' in that 'tone of voice' seriously.

Ergo, it's perfect for Sarcasm Font(tm).

xagroth and Savnock like this.
  8. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

So guys, in between this and the new and dandy fun that is unopposed Attacks thanks to the new Stealth FAQ, which salt mine runs deeper for us?

Full disclosure I hate Jammers as a mechanic with a burning passion (although they're really nice to have when you're not on the receiving end).
    As much as I'd like to see them disappear or get a rework, I don't think they are an essential problem. There annoying, impossible to deal with in any sort of effective manner and probably somewhat detrimental for the game as a whole, but you should be able to work around them.

However B2, WIP15(+3), SSL2 Jammers with Holo1 are an abomination.
    Unless you happen to get handed something like a Sukeul you'll have to live with that garbage potentially ruining your game because you got completely blindsided by something that would be better off not existing.

As has come to my attention the new FAQs are partly a community effort. A selected group of Warcors work together with CB to compile what should be in it and I'm not really surprised about the result after hearing a couple of the names.
    If the playtester group is anywhere comparable to that I'm not surprised why new content for the game is hit and miss.

It's not an isolated issue, the game has been getting more random ever since N3. New additions are littered with high variance additions like Fatality L2, E/M LGLs, E/Mauler. E/Marats, Jammers, Mono Weapons, ADHLs and Pheroware Tactocs: Eraser and the likes of it.
    All of them detrimental to high cost troops and as reciprocal effect you see higher Order counts with either one main rambo + backups or several smaller pieces carrying the workloads doing better

9. psychoticstorm

Jammers against some armies are great to have against others they are completely useless I am not sure what rewrite you would like to see.

10. Teslarod

Erm to answer that question I'd first need to know what armies they are useless against?
    Morats?
    That would be an army - singular - and I'm inclined to claim not having one of your tools work against Morats is one of the lesser concerns one could be faced with (also still works just fine vs the excellent CA Drones or other non Morat units in there). That is compared to let's say the usual Tohaa, Ariadna, SP or JSA list making most offensive Hacking tools obsolete.

#190 Teslarod, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Savnock and Ginrei like this.
  11. psychoticstorm

Veterans in general, played against a TAK list a few days ago only thing jammable was the Antipodes... other armies can just overwhelm a jammer with targets minimising its impact.

I am not saying it does not have an impact and depending on the meta it can have a critical role, but it is not universally applicable.

12. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

Just wanted to point out that eraser is for most armies with minimal risk to take out, its open information, it only effects troopers with wounds so a STR unit can take it out and most TAGs got STR so the most expensive units are safe against it ;)

13. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

TAK is the only army that can make a full list of Veterans, it's not like with the significantly more expensive Hacking devices where there's two armies that have about as many Hackable units as Pan-O has Veteran, and it's not like with certain armies where there are no Veterans of any sort at all (large number of Sectorials, all of Yu Jing and all of Combined)

If Veteran was as common as Hacking Devices (meaning literally everyone had at least two option, with an overwhelming majority of sectorials having 10+ options), it would be a different story.

This is not meta dependent, this is endemic to the game design and spread of abilities. If Veteran, Elite, Headquarters and Characters (but not their equipment) were immune to Isolation, this device would not have such a huge impact on the game and would instead force a re-prioritisation of attack pieces instead of experiencing a fundamental failure at list construction, since chances are you'll have some available from those categories. Even more so now that E/M is getting so excessively common as well

Berjiz and Savnock like this.
  14. Teslarod

So you're saying a imho very strange TAK list mostly composed of Frontovniks and Vet Kazaks (but still runs runs other stuff that can be jammed...) is the hard counter to a piece of equipment that costs an entire point?
    Wouldn't that be an an example in favour of Jammers being pretty bad for the game? Someone went out of their way to not give a damn about LoL and Isolation. some of the game's most punishing mechanics.

Wouldn't consider a Jammer as much of a Active Turn weapon to begin with, swarming one with targets would mostly lead to free AROs and a happy Jammer.

The odd thing about Jammers is that it's a dirt cheap piece of equipment that requires no LOF and doesn't suffer the -6 or heavy target restriction you'd usually get in case of Spec Fire or Hacking. Isolated State being irreversible unless you can get an Engineer to walk over there is probably the core of the issue. An Engineer/Helperbot trying to fix the issue will probably also have to deal with someone trying to use a Jammer against him and further even after he successfully removes Isolation the up and running trooper could still be inside the Jammer's ZOC.
    Jammers also serve as Camo counter thanks to non LOF Intuitive Attack which is a massive benefit, no other no LOF option is allowed to do that directly.
    For the most part using a Jammer is also a 0 risk interaction for the Jammer, so you can just repeat till you get a success or run out of Orders, without the usual downside of risking lead poisiong or a Flashpulse crit to the cortex.

15. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Well explained. I still think one of those strengths at a time would make for cool equipment, but all in one bundle it's way too much.

And I say that as a guy who loves the gadget-y side of Infinity, from Hacking to Pheroware Tactics to weird deployables. Jammers are OTT.

16. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The closest comparison to Jammers in that regard would be spec-fire, which has worse modifiers (net -3 at best outside of a fireteam), is an entire order skill, frequently costs SWC, etc.

17. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

/offtopic, just felt like i had to fix that for you...

Teslarod and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  18. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Yeah. Those would NOT be good you ones digestion.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation