1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible Army Video

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Nemo No Name, Oct 16, 2018.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

As bostria correctly said these are objective accomplicers with such troop profiles.

Now I would advice some restrain on the tone of the discussion.

2. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

I don't think the HMC is going to enter any fireteam. But the Multi HMG has some reasons to do so, and the 2x misile can be pretty interesting. It's thrilling :blush:

Joametz and Phayton like this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

From the information we have, they can enter Fireteam: Duo. I'm also, for some reason, guessing that the special fireteam is with Panggolin (as Duo), but I have no clue why that would be particularly useful unless the sectorial gets some nasty Killer Hackers.

I would also not be surprised if certain Yan Huo could Duo with Mowang (Edit: Unless the Mowang has Camo)

4. Warhydra

Warhydra Well-Known Member

Nobody who speaks mandarin would read it like that.
    Literal translation is usually quite pointless.

#124 Warhydra, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  5. JerryZhang

JerryZhang Active Member

As a native mandarin speaker, I don't see anything wrong with the name. "无敌" is a common translation of "invincible". If you separate the characters and take their literal meanings, the majority of Chinese (and some Japanese) words won't make sense. The word "heartless" can literally mean someone doesn't have a heart. But no one will use the word that way....

No offense, but your translation as "no enemy army" is actually pretty goofy. :)

Also there is no existing fluff suggesting any connection between YJ's Invincible Army and General Gordon's Ever Victorious Army in the 19th century. So I don't see why IA should called 常胜军.

Alphz, 5th Dimension and Warhydra like this.
  6. JerryZhang

JerryZhang Active Member

That being say...CB do have some goofy mistakes on some of the YJ logos.

On the top of the Guijia logo, the second character should be “甲” (armor) instead of "家” (home, family). CB got it right in the middle of the logo, but somehow messed up the actual unit's name. The correct Chinese name for the unit should be "龟甲队".
    400px-Yu_Jing_-_Guijia_Squadron_v2_-_-N3-_-Vyo-.png

And for IS's logo, the characters on the tops say "Dragon Service". Firstly, I don't think the fluff has ever mentioned that "Dragon Service" is another name of IS. And secondly, the word CB used for "service(服务)" refers to service as in "dry-clean service", "customer service" ,or "restaurant service". A proper translation of IS should be "帝国(imperial)特工”, "帝国特勤”, or "帝国特务".
    56f5f215ba285_YuJing-ZhanyingImperialAgents-A6Vyo.thumb.png.b5d42f297aa9f0f28b20e49ec0176fa4.png

I am not trying to nitpick here. But I hope that CB can set these logos right in the future!

Deltervees, solkan, BenMoss and 5 others like this.
  7. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Gui "Jia" actually made me burst into laughter - good one, CB.

Along with that, I want to say one more thing - Tianbings. Celestial "Guards".

Wouldn't it will be better written as Tian Wei Dai rather than Celestial soldiers, Tianbings.

Warhydra likes this.
  8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Very much this.

I admit, Tigers are very damn awesome AD troops (arguably best in the game), so it's hard to make something in their price band. It's why I was expecting the Liu Xing to be Daofei to the Tiger's Guilang.

I am seriously, horribly underwhelmed by these units, which is the exact opposite of what a teaser-trailer is supposed to do!

Yeah, I thought that too, but the Kazak Dynamo bikes don't have Impetuous.

Modock, Benkei and Joametz like this.
  9. Mahtamori

Heh. Apple has been teasing their new smart phone through controlled leaks, the iPhone Gold. During their conference they reveal the new iPhone Gold which as it turns out is meant to be a direct competitor to Google's vast advantage on the budget segment with a scaled down processor, a smaller screen size and a new hard plastic shell, the iPhone Gold still features Apple's crystal glass, but only covering the display, and as such they have managed to reduce the price down to an affordable $199.
    Naturally most of the Apple Evangelists are ecstatic, but the phone is tanking in reviews saying "Apple has turned cheap". Evangelists are countering this with upholding that the crystal glass is still as strong as of the more traditional iPhones that are aimed at the premium segment of the market and that the plastic back is significantly more shatter resistant thus reducing the iPhone's traditional spider web finish that many customers experience after owning an iPhone for more than an accident's time.
    Meanwhile, tech sites are analysing the iPhone Gold's performance by comparing the tech specs to other comparable phones and are remarking that the probable performance of the Gold seems to be similar to Samsung's or Sony's budget smartphones that clock in at $149, which themselves share tech specs with cheaper no-name knockoffs available on sites where sales ship directly from the Chinese factory to customer at a significantly lower price. Regardless of which, the tech sites note that it is unlikely that this new phone will be able to run as many apps from the AppStore as previous phones have and that there's a very real risk of splitting the AppStore in two, one for the traditional premium phones and one for the new line of significantly weaker phones.
    Pressure is now mounting on Apple to revise their plans for releasing this Gold phone, with some murmuring about this wouldn't happen under Jobs.

10. gorin

gorin Well-Known Member

Well, we already buy our tigers, guilangs and daofeis with red veil. So... new stuf will not buy itself alone

we are waiting new stuff so much and... after they take HI with uprising they give us this 1w HIs for HI sectorial. So sad and disappointing. Another slap in the face of YJ from CB

11. 0rph3u5

0rph3u5 TAG, you're it! :3

I think in either one of the new FAQs or in the new rule document they specified that bikes can never get cover ever, so the kazak dynamos still don't have cover.

As for the Liu Xing, I think he's slightly above average for an AD troop. Like the Fraacta, he can tank a template or ARO shot, but can also blow someone up with his jump in the process. That said, he's not what I'd consider mind-blowing since he's a relatively average gunfighter if he gets caught in a firefight. The tiger soldier's a really high mark to hit in terms of general-purpose AD units, but I'd still take a liu xing from time to time. In Invincible Army, I think he's probably one of the few assassination pieces so I'll probably take him a bunch there.

12. Mahtamori

It's in the rules for Motorcycles.

13. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

sipps

14. Warhydra

Warhydra Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself, wish I could give you more than one like.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation