1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible Army Rework

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by BenMoss, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

On dealing with varuna, IA isn't the worse sectorial to do it, even though it's not the best either. Zhenchas and liu xing can sneak around to obliterates the kamau link support, especially considering varuna basically doesn't have any mines to stop the zhencha from rushing the DZ and usually field a lot less hackers and repeaters than other pano sectorials. Brute forcing the kamau is also an option for IA, either with a rui-shi (if you can get it close enough) or a haidao sniper/zuyong hmg in 5-man team. Though the odds aren't that great at least you're using sturdy HIs who are unlikely to die straight away. Also Lei Gong might be able to help here with his albedo.

And let's not forget that usually the best way to fight varuna is to force them to move out of their castle and kill anything that goes for the objectives, instead of killing yourself on the kamau/helots.

2. Ashen_Seeker

Ashen_Seeker Well-Known Member

What about the Hulangs? Are they useful?

3. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

@Ashen_Seeker I don't think they'll perform well in that situation. Both the zhencha and the liu xing can bypass most of varuna's defense, the first thanks to his camouflage and the later by landing directly right behind them, whereas the hulang will have to crawl across the battlefield and risks deadly engagements with helots. The hulang's also much more expensive, and therefore a bit harder to include in a list.

#43 Sedral, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Ashen_Seeker likes this.
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It's not specifically Varuna, but a list with strong ARO pieces, one or two strong units (sometime HI, sometimes Tarikesque, sometimes both) and plenty of low-importance units to throw away.

The number of sectorials that have REM or HI in their main aggression Fireteams are increasing, as such the importance of hacking and hacking coverage does as well, if only used to slow opponents down.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I very much agree with this. Since long before IA profiles were released, I have been saying that Zuyong are about 3pts too expensive across the board.

I'm also confused by the relative lack of hacking defense in an army that is comprised entirely of units vulnerable to hacking.

Stun is honestly a viable Rambo-stopper, but yeah, I am wondering about the lack of outright military equipment on the blatantly-military sectorial.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation