1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible Army Pre Pre Mortom

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by atomicfryingpan, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

@atomicfryingpan No he isn’t? What kind gibberish is that? “Fake outrage”? Really? :joy:
    “You hold a negative opinion about a CB product = your opinion is fake outrage”

@Sedral Thanks for having me read through 15+ pages only to conclude that I have no idea what you’re talking about, I don’t see how it says my meta is hiding anything. Also, I’ve played major tournaments in over 8 countries at the time of writing, so I’m hardly inexperienced towards different metas.. Furthermore, there’re much better ARO options in IA than this profile and much cheaper also.

@Alphz Aww, what an edgy little boi you are. I love how, on several threads at this point, you’re absurdly hostile towards anyone you’re trying to white knight CB from.:joy:
    Anyways let’s go through your statements.

Mental gymnastics. What you’re saying is that in some metas some people are so awful that the Guija is actually a good pick... which is false, it’s merely a shitty meta. Also why does it suck to be me? Because you’re butthurt?
    Excuse me what? This is why you’re such an embarrassing clown, you’re just assuming something and turn full edge lord over it. I HAVE used this profile with the Wu-Míng panzerfaust as a proxy, it’s not a good ARO piece, he’s relatively expensive and he vastly inflates the price of your Zuyong core. So I guess by your own logic, your response is now null and void.
    Pessimistic bullshit? Criticising something, is your opinion verboten and if you’re guilty of wrong think, then it’s all pessimistic bullshit, in which case you justify going full edge lord on anyone who dares attack CB. Top kek. Angry white knight logic.

2. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

@Zewrath While I agree with your statement about the profile, it can be possible that it's good for someone else. For me, son bae is cheaper and better. But I may be strange because for me hsien hmg is bad because you can have 2 rui shi and a lu duan for the same price (pts and swc)

krossaks likes this.
  3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

If you do not agree to disagree or start discussing in a calm and respectful manner I am afraid that I may need to issue warnings.

Now while I understand the confusion in Starter packs, Starter packs are not designed around a playable force or a force that is balanced with other starter packs, this is the job of 300 points boxes and "Operation" (+Beyond) boxes, Starter packs are designed with the idea that provide key models for the 300 points force. bundled together.

4. Warhydra

Warhydra Well-Known Member

Are there actually places where people wont let you use the hacker mini as a non-hacker?
    If not, I dont see the problem. I already use the Tiger Hacker as a regular Tiger most of the time anyway.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I've heard of such a fabled meta in Russia I think it was. They might have changed their ways the past couple of years, because it was a long time since I heard anyone say they are in such a meta.

Personally I prefer having sufficiently correct gear to keep proxying to a minimum and therefore reduce bookkeeping. This is why the Wu Ming Panzerfaust annoys me, 'cause it's a lovely model that was nice to paint and I have never ever used 'im (I'm actually using the Zuyong MRifle as a Wu Ming proxy more often than the Wu Ming Pfaust).

I guess the Zuyong BSG will find herself employed as Wu Ming quite often :p

emperorsaistone, Durandal and Ariwch like this.
  6. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I love the Wu Ming BSG that's holding it's knife up. Such a high cool-factor.

Mahtamori likes this.
  7. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

I really like the retro shotgun style, it's a little unique compared to other factions, adds a little flavour. I definitely would have prefered a zencha over the liu xing and that model is espescially boring compared to the tigers. I will probably just keep proxying. On the subject of boring, this box is kind of that. If one were to line up all the starters and ask a new player to pick one just based on looks, this one would probably end up near the bottom. Don't get me wrong, all the models are very nice, but they are all so plain and consistent with one another. It's probably more of a comment on the new unit's design rather than just this starter but there doesn't appear to be enough variety in here. maybe the zencha's poncho could have broken that up, who knows. I'm also trying to figure out the raison d'etre for these boxes. Would they not sell better if they had the profiles everyone wanted in it? The Daoying sniper definitely leads me to believe the designers don't play becasue as good as it is, it's still the least popular load out.

8. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Definitely agree on the new boarding shotgun look, I love it personally. As far as the starter box looks that's entire too subjective to say with any degree of certainty. I actually like the visor up looks of the liu xing, wu ming, druze hmg, and others. It's just a look I find aesthetically pleasing. As far as the unit composition in the boxes I think it's really hard to judge what is going to be the most used profiles because of differing playstyles. Also as a company I assume they don't fill the box with the absolute 100% best units because they want us to buy more stuff. People want a hacker daoying LT so that's an easy blister to make which means an extra 20 bucks from people.

9. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Part of the reason I like the zuyong over the son bae is in Lim insertion getting some ARO presence is key, but at the same time, the 5 man link bonus is precious.

The son bae presents a similarly credible threat as the zuyong for less points, this is true. But with 1 wound, it also presents an opportunity for your opponent to take it out and remove the 5 man bonus. At this stage, a savvy opponent might go for the throat and try kill more members, even if it costs them, as an IA list will be relying on that link to do a lot of work. Whereas a Zuyong can give the AROs, burn some orders and if he comes under fire, will likely only eat 1 wound and can drop prone.

emperor26 likes this.
  10. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

@Zewrath I had your statement about the Yan Huo on page 2 in mind:

So i assumed (wrongly apparently) that in your meta no one left anything in plain view, and that would explain why you'd find the yan huo so bad since he really doesn't like to move around much to hunt down his prey. It seems i was mistaken, my bad!

As for the ML zuyong value as an ARO unit, the competition is really harsh in IA. The haidao sniper and the son bae are his closest competitors and they're both superior either in raw strength or pure cost-effectiveness. But i like the zuyong ML for his superior resilience (he can take 2 wounds before going unconscious and drop prone so i can heal him) and the fact that i can take him on a ride with his Zuyong pals + an Haidao KHD, knowing he'll still be able to defend himself at close range thanks to his light shotgun.

But yes, if all you want is cost-effective ARO, just take an Haidao/Son-Bae and stick him with zanshis to reap all the benefits.

emperor26 likes this.
  11. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

The missile launcher is excellent. I finally can build a full sized Hac Tao ML with that model!

Zewrath, McNamara, Section9 and 3 others like this.
  12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a shame how tiny that girl is. She's seriously 5'nothing at best (140-150cm tall!).

BlackCadian likes this.
  13. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

That model is old as balls, she was the right scale for the Hac Tao back in the day. See her next to the HMG one.

[​IMG]

14. BigBadFox

BigBadFox Well-Known Member

So a YJ sectorial without YJ best units. I Just dont get IA, if I would want a HI Core Link, I even had a sectorial for this before. Just with Kuang Shi and smoke for the Rui Shi.

Why should I?

But I could See the Zhencha and the Daioying Multi Sniper in some Vanilla lists.

HouseOfKings likes this.
  15. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Wu Ming can't run 14 orders through their link. Zuyongs can. That's basically the main gimmick to IA. You're also arguably more resistant to Infowar because you can stuff the Haidao KHDs in the tinbot link which Wu Ming also can't do. Zuyongs links are also easy to refill and top up, Wu Ming links are difficult to reform because they're pre wild card.

Wu Ming's selling point is you have a really really good Speculative Fire option with their LGL, which IA can't do and I think was probably a conscious design decision to make the two stand apart.

16. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Hey Vietnamese women can't be Hac Tao? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: She should get an extra -3 to be hit! :muscle:

Section9 likes this.
  17. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Also you have all the rest of ISS goodies to go along with Wu Ming. Imo IA's gimmick is just that, a gimmick that will get old and boring FAST .

ambisinister and HouseOfKings like this.
  18. Warhydra

Warhydra Well-Known Member

I have several relatives who are that short [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  19. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I think there is some photo weirdness there, because the girl is small compared to the HT multirifle, if you have them side-by-side on the same level.

:laughing:

Dragonstriker likes this.
  20. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Well, to be fair I didn't really elaborate on my point that much so I can see why you would get that impression. The Yan Huo is bad because realistically speaking, he will only have 0-2 things can actually shoot at, the rest of the dudes are in the game of Infinity, which mean they are all prone on a roof top or in a marker state (laughing at you in Ariadna). Furthermore, good players have ARO pieces on ARO duty on selected sections or wings, not often something that spans across the entire map. Once you either run out of models to kill, you're forced to relocate, which quickly makes the YH either overextend or sit back and be an expensive cheerleader. Wich is why I keep saying he's a trap profile waste of SWC if I ever saw one.

Yes but the thing is, the ML is terrible for such a job. Once you start moving with the link you'll constantly find yourself to be within 24" of an enemy model, losing much of your ARO potential, which only gets worse when you're facing enemies with visual mods. so he's only ever really decent at defense from the very start. This is why most ML links are almost all universally static, with few exceptions. If you want something that can defend itself and have a slightly better rangeband, when it comes to defensive weapons on an active link, then take the Shang-Ji HRL. Much better active, almost as good in ARO, also brings the shotgun better ARM and BTS and basically the same pricetag.

Yes but there's still merit in your argument, some times there's very good value in something that doesn't just go down after 1 wound. I'm trying to experiment with a list that also have the Hac Tao ML, I think He/she is a much better option, if only because of my experience against the Swizz Guard and my own experience playing with my Noctifier ML.

DFW Ike and ambisinister like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation