1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible Army post mortem

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I was referring to counting the new profiles for IA we've just seen, do they appear to have an unspecified discount by your mark or do they add up to the current status quo?

2. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Pano traded the "can't get nice things" attitude to Yu Jing and upgraded to jubliation.

In all seriousness the stark contrast between the reaction of Yu Jing fans and Pano fans to the 3rd offensive sneak peaks is quite striking.

To be fair, I think the Zencha can work just fine since Naga work even with all the AP mines out there. The Shooting Star is much more questionable because its quite expensive for what it does.

3. Triumph

I know, I was referring to the Shooting Star who's paying points for CC15 and plain CCWs for some mind boggling stupid reason.

4. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Hospitallers point reduction comes down to the need of selling the new MO box. No more, no less.

Also, it just shows the magical infallible formula CB likes to brag about either doesn't exist or they just ignore it when they feel like it

LuAn, jimbo slice and Zewrath like this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I don't know enough of the formulas to track down variations that small in profiles that are new. All I can say is that the Zhencha matches up in math sufficiently, and I suspect that the Zhencha is paying the Heavy Infantry price for Camo + Infiltration (which is the same as LI pay for TO Camo + Infiltration) - however, that is still within the margins for error that I can't be sure.

6. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

My mistake. Yeah, I've got nothing for the Shooting Star.

Edited to remove snarky comment about explosion and stealth. Trying to set a good example of maintaining positivity.

7. Triumph

A stealthy explosion.... so like.... a fart? Well he's a kinda shitty profile so I'm calling him the Shooting Fart from now on.

Kallas and Pierzasty like this.
  8. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

Yeah, that's not really helping their image, is it?

9. Triumph

Well I can safely say I've never been here to help, just to call it how it is. Goddamn Shooting Farts.

10. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Also, all of MO's HI are actually, you know, HI, not MI with HI's disadvantages

Kallas and Space Ranger like this.
  11. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Gee, wonder why that is. I'm seriously considering getting the MO box and Varuna starter because PanO looks much more fun than YJ atm... also, sweet TAGs to choose from even if they are not really a good option.

Naga are not hackable, and they have more options than Zencha.

12. Mahtamori

I don't think it's worth comparing to MO. If you find the new MO interesting, by all means do play them, but on average MO HI are still going to be fairly expensive and they are all going to be slightly worse than Domaru or Tanko in terms of Martial Arts.

If anything, JSA is a more HI sectorial than MO, IMO...

13. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting to see the whole picture, but the timing and the info on the preview videos was awfully managed, to be honest.

ambisinister likes this.
  14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I should edit it to 8 Heavy, 2 pseudo heavy (but not really), 1 character heavy but-we-are-not-sure-yet , they-still-have-time-to-F-it-up.

15. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

If new units are not worth taking in vanilla but it's the "best" the sectorial gets than yeah, we're going to be disapointed. I would have been happoer if guilang and tigers were in the list instead of these new guys. After this, the fact that MO gets some polish when ISS doesn't(which incidentally also has its fair share of units-I-wouldn't-take-in-vanilla-but-are-good-enough-in-the-sectorial-itis) I really don't understand CB's grand plan here. After uprising this should be the YuJing rising/strikes back book.

Space Ranger likes this.
  16. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

To be fair, ISS doesn't need the help and MO did.

But by the looks of it, now PanO has 3 good sectorials to our 1, and I'm happy for them

#176 Benkei, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    theradrussian and Kallas like this.
  17. Mahtamori

In my opinion, ISS needs help for entirely different reasons. For lack of better way of expressing it, but ISS needs to lose fat - if it could lose something like 3 or 4 units (such as the far too many mercs) and get some attention to the in-house stuff that's largely in disuse (i.e. the light infantry agents)

18. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Well didn't take long for this thread to become an echo chamber dumpster fire.

19. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Considering I can't afford to get right into IA, I have to do vanilla to build up to doing IA. So as of now the Zhencha is a no go at all for me when I have Daofei and Guilang. The Liu Xing is also not interesting compared to Tiger as of now either.

20. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

I worry that you're right, but we've only gotten to see NEW Invincible profiles right now. Maybe there's an ongoing adjustment to the calculus, and existing units like the Zuyong are also a point cheaper? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation