1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible Army post mortem

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Plot holes and subjectivity aside, the problem was that "people with insight" promised that the stuff being leaked wasn't representative and overly negative of what the actual book wrote about Yu Jing's performance during Uprising event.

I think this damaged trust more than anything else (for those who actually read the fluff - my book is still in plastic, haven't found the time to spare reading any of it yet as I will let painting and re-basing miniatures take precedence.)

2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

False.

Poland in 1939.

Thandar and Mruczyslaw like this.
  3. mittenninja

mittenninja Invincibles NCO

Guys, the response showcased in Uprising was that of the Imperial Service, which answers directly to the emperor (not the state) and is largely overly brutal and heavy handed with it's reactions. The Banner armies and IA probably despise the way the ISS handled it too.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  4. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

Can we please reorient back to IA?

5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

6. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

What is there to talk about? There isn't much to go on. No inkling on what the unrevealed troopers do besides guns. No clue if problem profiles from the zhanshi to the Shang Ji will see changed.

Our previous speculation and expectations were off base.

The new profiles are being discussed, but outside of how to get the most usage out of them, the conversations have played out.

All we can do is sit tight and see what happens in that regard.

In a way, I am glad that we finally a timeline. For those of us on the ledge, at least we will finally have some closure to this entire debacle that started with Uprising. Either CB wins our trust back or it doesn't. That kind of certainty is better than the blind box we've been forced to stew in since April.

Zewrath, Mahtamori, Section9 and 3 others like this.
  7. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

I agree with you on all points. I was mostly looking to avoid having another thread get locked because of Uprising.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Eh, I'd just repost it. Either way it's my thread and I really don't care if people discuss uprising while we wait for the next spoiler drop given they're tangentially related anyway with IA supposed to be the Uprising replacement.

Durandal, Hecaton and SKOZZOKONZ like this.
  9. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

We can be pretty sure the Son Bae is joining one line link or another based on recent trends. Even if it gets a regular missile launcher, I'd probably not put it in a Zuyong link even if it does bring the cost down, because the Zuyong missile is just so much better. Will it be the sensible choice for getting a Zhanshi order farm link farm 5 troopers though?

Running it as a GML might not be the worst idea if you have a few Zhenchas. I won't until they get shock immunity though.

10. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the lack of Shock Immunity on the Zhencha is probably the most glaring issue. FFS, even Ariadna's 1W HI are shock immune.

And yet, the masters of HI in the Human Sphere aren't? Say wha?

LuAn, Shiwen, Kallas and 5 others like this.
  11. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Oh dear god, this again? I can't believe you'd rather have shock immunity than NWI. Most of those Ariadna HI have shock immunity and one wound, or shock immunity and dogged. The spetsnaz is the only guy with shock immunity and NWI, so effectively has 2 wounds like a real grown up HI, but with no unconscious state.

You know how many orders you have to spend to kill a shock immune highlander grey? None... he's dogged and drops dead at the end of the turn! Omg so OP!

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

What are you smoking? Could you go back and read what Section9 has written before making stuff up?

jimbo slice and Kallas like this.
  13. Section9

Yeah, no.

I want the Zhencha to have BOTH Shock Immunity and NWI. Considering that you drop dead if a 1W model with NWI gets smacked with Shock ammo (stupid ruling, IMO), NWI does little good against about half the weapons I see in the midfield.

I was expecting the Zhencha to have 2 full wounds plus an Unconscious state, which would be shock immune natively, watching a 40pt model go splat to a mine does not make me want to use it.

LuAn and Kallas like this.
  14. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

It's not that I don't agree with your post but Shock disabling NWI is not a ruling, it's literally the point of the special rule. The way you frame it make it sound like it comes from an FAQ or something. :p

15. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I’m hoping that any/all of their 1W+NWI HI models get Bioimmunity as a generic trait and it was just an error that it wasn’t listed on that profile. That would at least give them a consistent and distinctive profile that could be explained as a unique sort of powered suit in the background.

Shiwen, Kallas, Section9 and 2 others like this.
  16. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

Playing the devil's advocate - one might argue that the "point" of Shock once was to "disable" the ability of doctoring/medkitting Unconscious troops back up, which is more common than NWI, Spawn-Embryo or Dogged troops.

ambisinister likes this.
  17. Section9

Before a FAQ a couple years ago, we played it like that, shock not canceling NWI. And I don't mean just my group, I mean just about the entire community. That FAQ came out ~2 years ago, long after N3 dropped.

@ijw should have the timeline on when that ruling/clarification/whatever came out.

18. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Errrrm... No?
    Shock always cancelled NWI on 1 Wound models. Are you talking about Shock cancelling NWI on 2-Wound models? Luckily that was overturned, or have you not been paying attention?

Mruczyslaw likes this.
  19. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Shock has always cancelled NWI and Dogged on 1W targets. It's only on multi-wound targets that it changed.

A Mão Esquerda and Mruczyslaw like this.
  20. Section9

You should go look at the Ariadnan HI again. *opens Infinity Army, sorts by Type: HI*
    • Moblots are Shock Immune 1W
    • Greys are Shock Immune 1W Dogged
    • Minutemen are Shock Immune 1W
    • Ratniks are low-tech A (so natively 2W)
    • Blackjacks are low-tech A (so natively 2W)
    • Mormaers are Shock Immune 1W Dogged
    • Margot is Shock Immune 1W (like the moblots)
    • Veteran Kazaks are Shock Immune 1W NWI.
    That's every single HI in the entire faction. Every single fucking one is Shock Immune, either by special skill or native 2W.

Ariadna's tech is about 150 years behind the Sphere, and they can manage to make a servo-powered armor that is Shock Immune.

So how in the flying fuck do the masters of powered armor in the Sphere NOT make that happen?!?

Not to mention that not being Shock Immune makes Zhencha far too vulnerable to have in the midfield for their price.

I hadn't been paying attention to that, because nobody in the group plays 2W NWI models. I don't ever take Sun, for example, and cypherkk doesn't take Asuras in his Aleph lists.

I am glad that's been changed.

And I guess I am misremembering things, which makes Zhencha getting shock immunity even more important.

Thandar, LuAn, Modock and 7 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation