1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible Army Had Better Be In May...

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by AdmiralJCJF, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Been seeing a lot of Yu Jing armies being unloaded in trade groups online...

emperor26 and xagroth like this.
  2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Let's avoid making physical threats...

chaos11 and Pierzasty like this.
  3. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member

I'll never bedgrudge someone for spending their own cash as they wish one way or another. My displeasure with a company doesn't mean other folks can't spend money on 'em, so long as they know what they're getting in to. You do you.

But also this. Mini wargaming is full of companies that took their customer's good will for granted, and while some managed to weather the storm and avoid collapse like GW, others have been far less fortunate *cough*Rackham*cough*Spartan Games*cough*. Ohh, bit of a tickle there.

CB still aren't a big dog, and they mostly grew through positive word of mouth and fan sentiment. I had to grow my own local community and the effort that took (before there was even a program like Warcors) was done only through love and passion. But these days, my good will and patience for CB to finally get with the program are running thin and this reveal has basically un-hyped me for the rest of 2018.

At this point, I'm starting to look at packing the minis away and just moving on as a healthier option than waiting for them to get their act together. They aren't the spunky little indy dev they were back in 2005 and that act is starting to grate over a decade down the line. Either way, they'd do well to remember the people that let them become this big in the first place, because they certainly didn't do it on the back of their own good PR and community management skills.

4. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

And from more recent times, Privateer Press. It's not dead, but it has all the vigor and impetus of a guy kicked first in the nuts and then in the face. Being a top dog does not make one immune from the consequences of fucking up.

And since GW has recently managed to find their own ass (using both hands and a map, but still), things have gotten even harder.

Oh, they did. Gathering goodwill and luck creation are important skills on their own. The problem is that nowadays CB seem to be unaware of how quickly they're losing the goodwill and what the consequences may be.

5. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I just don't feel like waiting for years for a patch up when it is a 5 second job to raise some AVAs in vanilla.

6. Pierzasty

Recipe for a baguette bandaid:
    - take 1 sectorial, left out to dry for a long while
    - take a pinch of Loup Garous and/or Briscards, add 1 haris loadout per unit, fold back into sectorial
    - take a Fireteam Duo and marinate Moblots in it, do not add anything else
    - take out 1 Moblot, put the rest back into sectorial list, let it stew
    - put the last Moblot into a 5-man blender, fill leftover space with Metros, blend until smooth
    - mix the smoothie back into the sectorial
    - fry on a low heat of a Chasseur's LFT until slightly crispy
    And voila, done. Serves 1 sectorial until a general update.

Easy and simple, just like the fix you proposed, if not easier. And still CB hasn't done it. I-it's not like I emailed it to them or anything!

7. the huanglong

I hope you wrote it in plain language. Is MRRF the pet army of any snorecores out there? I would make sure they see it.

8. Pierzasty

I didn't phrase it like a cooking recipe :P it was something like
    - give Briscards a Fireteam Haris profile - marksman rifle/assault pistol, 25 pts/1 SWC (judging from other sectorials' Haris cost)
    - give Moblots Fireteam Duo as part of basic profile (for free, they're not played as it is and Duo might allow some interesting lists
    or plays)
    Sent it exactly a year and a day ago. Later added to my idea:
    - give an option to include 1 Moblot in a core fireteam of Metros (the Moblot could use a role and why not be a pointman for chaff, especially since other sectorials are getting several mixes?)

xagroth, Golem2God and the huanglong like this.
  9. the huanglong

Don't forget Loop dedoops need Haris.

Golem2God likes this.
  10. Pierzasty

Either Biscuits or Fruit Loups would be enough, but with the recent upgrades I'd say both would be fine.

11. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Why would they do that? Yu Jing is not dead. Just sell off the JSA figures and wait to see what happens this year. Though it means those of us you been thinking about playing Yu Jing can now get a good deal out of this. But still, relax people the faction will bounce back and things will turn out ok eventually.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I mean I'm leaning in that direction already. Bostria's announcements have left me feeling what's the point and I don't care about this anymore.

Shit's been nerfed and we've lost a bare minimum 25% of the faction playerbase, and told by Bostria to go out and buy different models so we can actually compete. What a waste of time.

#72 Triumph, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    silvertongue and Pierzasty like this.
  13. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member

They may not be doing it because the faction is dead, but rather because they've simply lost any good will toward CB. For some folks, a company nixing a third of your army list with no warning and not outlining what you get to make up for it brings back some very bad memories of companies doing this in the past and they don't much feel like continuing to support such a company going forward.

This isn't CB's first blunder, it may well not be their last, and some folks may have already reached their tolerance for such things. Time and money aren't infinite and life is too short to continue on with something you no longer enjoy.

This is why CB needs to tread carefully when it comes to things like this, because not everyone is willing to just continually give them the benefit of the doubt. They've discontinued miniatures, gotten rid of or moved profiles, put several sectorials that previously had support on a long-term backburner, and now they've split a whole faction of in one fell swoop. Each time without warning, each time without much of a plan other than "wait and see" and that may not be flying with folks anymore. I don't begrudge folks for finally getting fed up and cutting their losses, no one requires them to be infinite fonts of optimism and good will (especially if they've been playing a while).

So you can revel in the chance at cheap Yu Jing/JSA purchases, they'll revel in the fact that each figure you buy from them is one less CB will get money for, and we can all just hope that CB learn from their mistakes and the next time this happens the transition could perhaps be made a bit smoother with more foreward thinking and advanced planning on their part.

#73 Durandal, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  14. Golem2God

@Durandal I understand everything you have said and agree with it.
    However, some comments that I read make it seem like this is the end when it hasn't come to that point just yet. Though as you said this was "the straw that broke the camel's back" for many players especially some of those who play Vanilla Yu Jing. CB does need to better themselves in how they approach things like this.
    I for one believe that the Uprising book should have released the Invincible Army to immediately "replace" JSA's removal. Letting/making Yu Jing get by with only one sectorial when they have had two for the longest time is bothersome/unfair. I hope that the Invincible Army is the next sectorial that is released by CB because Yu Jing does need them now more than ever.
    So please CB, May is your next big announcement in this year's schedule. If you want to smooth things over with a significant portion of the Infinity community please let the announcement be the Invincible Army. Even if that isn't your planned release date for the sectorial I highly suggest that it should be.

15. the huanglong

Based on the language at the end of the BOW video, I do not expect any more Yu Jing sectorials in 2018. We may see a few more IS releases but I am not expecting new profiles. Celestial guard SWC box is the obvious (and overdue) choice, other than that, there are some Wu Ming that definitely deserve a blister (they can then eventually be rolled into one blister with the HRL). We can also look forward to buying entire ALEPH starters (or alternatively, entire operation ALEPH vs TAK/JCT boxes) to get the dakini tacbots.

xagroth likes this.
  16. Golem2God

I didn't get that. Invincible Army has been hinted at being released this year in the past but if CB does indeed not give Yu Jing a sectorial this year I'll be shocked and sad for players of the faction.

Pierzasty likes this.
  17. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I'll be sad and sending them "thoughts and prayers"*

*I don't believe. So empty gestures instead of doing something.

Pierzasty and Aldo like this.
  18. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

When the spokesperson for the company you gave your money to and that just screwed you trolls you and laughs at your face maybe it's time to not give said company any more of your money.

What Bostria finds funny i find stupid, childish and disrespectful to the people paying your salary and who made the mistake of investing in your game.. if i did what Bostria just did in the BoW video i would for sure face disciplinary actions, but oh, Bostria is so funny! Wonder what would happen if they did this to PanO

19. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

It will be utterly weird if IA release won't be tied into the same plot and thus released soon. I thought that the entire "civil war" plot and those YJ-sided tease pics with heavy infantry and some words on how separatists must be utterly trampled into the ground was a hint towards it.

And there's no point releasing new JSA in this manner otherwise.

Golem2God and xagroth like this.
  20. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Life would move on and we would wait for a really good story to read.

Though I have to admit Japanese leaving Yu Jing is a bit more easy than any part of PanO splitting, would make a great story though.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation