1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interplanetary Round Table 2018

Discussion in 'News' started by Phlyk, Aug 22, 2018.

1. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Peacekeep Acontecimento into debris

Dragonstriker and n21lv like this.
  2. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

They can even hire some Ariadnan mercin... I mean consultants with experience in police brut... I mean law enforcement...

Savnock likes this.
  3. Phlyk

Phlyk Well-Known Member

Druze? :)

4. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

They have experience in avoiding and subverting law enforcement...

5. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

I can actually understand why it may seem that a lot of people are angried by the JSA split. Having worked as a manager of a helpdesk unit, I've been gathering surveys about incidents that my unit resolved. How often do you think people commended us for the good work compared to complaining? It's the human nature, we tend to remember negative things more strongly and in more detail.

Lesh', Bohrdog, Savnock and 3 others like this.
  6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Did you gather surveys from all customers or just the customers that had reason to get in touch with you?

I suspect that CB is looking at the reactions of the entire customer base rather than the roughly 20% who were directly affected. I think that way of looking at it qualifies as the grade of lie one step over "damned lie", which I believe is called "statistics".

eciu, Modock, xagroth and 2 others like this.
  7. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Hmm what if YJ makes a deal with the devil pact with the Triumvirate for this express purpose...

8. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

Something like a happy person will tell 0-3 people about the things, an unhappy person will tell 7-9...

n21lv and colbrook like this.
  9. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

To be completely honest, all our customers were internal -- it was a helpdesk unit inside a large local retail chain, so our customers were basically the chain's own stores. I couldn't give you the exact numbers, unfortunately, because I left that company 6.5 years ago. All the surveys were optional, so you can surely assume that the accuracy of the data we collected was wanting, but the general tendency was the same. People would almost always leave a negative feedback if a helpdesk/servicedesk engineer who resolved the incident did their job poorly, and there were really rare cases when someone left a commendation or just said thanks.

Exactly.

10. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

As the saying goes, misery likes company.

Working in the service industry also helps you filter out where criticism is coming from. Like if it's genuinely something you could control, or related to someone's fixed attitude.

But anyway. Thanks for the summary! Looks like CB have some big plans!

11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Dude, not going to start a war here, but you really should keep the facts straight: It was mentioned by players that the "most used miniatures" in CB's "Big Data" presentation were precisely those of the Red Veil box (& Beyond) box...
    As for the "interesting storylines", you should up your reading game, as I said then, I've seen mary sues in fanfiction more easy to believe than the events narrated on Uprising, not to mention with less misspelling and better grammar. Praying a rock because it falls won't make it a miracle.

Funny, I work in the Support section of a Big Data company, and we get tons of thanks, Kudos and congratulations, all internal and from the parent company. When the external assets don't take a frigging month to add a new user to the database, or the Jenkins doesn't suffer a catastrophical existence failure, that is (like frigging today)...
    Then again, the company encourages people to "disconnect" every now and then with Nerf battles and flying drones during the day, so I suppose we are not the usual company.

BenMoss and Dragonstriker like this.
  12. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Don't forget that Retail and Big Data are two very different industries. People working in those retail stores are mostly simple folk, and I'm also living in one of the Baltic States, a former USSR republic. The Soviets may have become a history, but their influence on people's mentality won't go away that easily. What I mean is that people aren't usually courteous to one another, you won't hear a "thank you" said by customer to the cashier very often.

xagroth, Errhile, eciu and 1 other person like this.
  13. Borlois

Borlois Yu Jing Imperial Service Agent

I was agree with the JSA treason, that was something which has to happen, and for sure it must to be a great shock.
    But I think the YJ player was not angry at all for it. The incompetence of YJ in the fluff was too exaggerated, of course a conflict against 3 superpowers is hard to take, but for sure there was more ways to write it. Many palyers gone to NA2 for JSA (reasonable), more quit to another factions because YJ looked too brainless, and some kept but boicotting the BoW campaign. And many more kept in the edge playing with our YJ minis!
    Perhaps writing the fluff without treating like incompetent any faction could make less angry some players, also bringing some troops to soften the loss of profiles could help.

14. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Druze were also previously mentioned as the 'go to' mercs for some of the companies operating on Dawn, specifically for the purposes of screwing with the Ariadnan nations.

15. SKOZZOKONZ

Can I get uuuhhhhhhhh competent intelligence service?

Oi I get yu jing has a reputation as being the evil human faction, but no one is that evil.

Cratesbane and Dragonstriker like this.
  16. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Would it fit more with recent "incompetence" trends if it was accidental?

I'm teasing.

EDIT: Alternate response: Meh, they wouldn't be the first Empire to do so...

17. Nathonicus

Nathonicus Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can find results from the weekend? Really curious what armies were played and who came out on top.
    Thanks!

18. SKOZZOKONZ

We'll invite them over for a intimate dinner of Japanese steaks and journalist salad, garnished with shasvasti babies accidentally streamed live to Maya.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  19. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The problem with that is how much time it requires (from someone who is now a meme of "no time, too much to do, everything goes through me") to do right. The benefits are inmense, however, since in a narrative the quality of a faction comes defined by the quality of the opposition, and in that regard Uprising was low quality because every faction shown there was in a Zero Sum game, where the winner was the least incompetent.
    Adding some mentions here and there to mutual neutralizations, shasvastii and Fiday muddling the waters, etc... would have raised the level for everyone, instead of trying to make it like a Nomads lis of 20 orders or so facing a Limited Insertion killy Morat list, where the Nomads died in spades but won the game in the end by pushing more consoles.

Berjiz, Stiopa and Dragonstriker like this.
  20. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

The GRAND finals were between Odez (Onyx, Spain, winner) vs. Utsuro (Aleph, Spain) but that is all I know so far.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation