1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity RPG

Discussion in 'Modiphius Entertainment' started by Darkvortex87, Dec 2, 2017.

1. R-z

R-z Active Member

Uh is there any mechanical representation of the dogfaces fear of heights?

2. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

Is that an actual thing in lore?

The 2d20 system can easily handle this type of negative by just making the difficulty go up. So a D1 becomes a D2. However this can be a huge negative so I wouldn't recommended. What I'd probably do if in this situation is require a discipline test (like a D1 or D2) when maybe something extreme heights comes up (like jumping out of a plane, tightrope walking between two 20 story buildings) and apply the negative if failed.

3. Monkeysloth

Hopefully there's more in the Ariadna book we're slated to get a draft of in the next 2 weeks.

4. R-z

R-z Active Member

yes it mentioned on Duroc's unit profile that dogfaces have a fear of heights.

5. Monkeysloth

Heh, that funny as they have superjump in the RPG and have a talent for taking less damage when falling.

6. R-z

R-z Active Member

well the profile also say Duroc is a exception at least when he's jumping with his girlfriend.

7. Darkvortex87

Darkvortex87 Combat jump kamikaze

duroc jumps in human form and lands in dogface form, so i think that the adrenaline from the jump is enough to transform him.

From what i understood traits (so things like "0-g fear" that you get during character creations) are used to discount the cost to buy complications.
    Example: a character afraid of 0-g is more subject to "small problems" regarding 0-g things, since the GM will pay 1 heat less to buy complications regarding that aspect.

They're like the quirks from Gurps, but i wondered if there was an exaustive list, to clarify some "wording"

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Nope, that's Margot's "fault". She has to kick him real hard to make him fall of the 'chopper. Or were you thinking other, "stressful", things? ;)

9. Darkvortex87

"..Skydiving naked from an aeroplane.."
    Motley Crue - Kickstart my heart

chromedog, R-z and xagroth like this.
  10. Monkeysloth

Had a big post written up about complications and then read what they were in infinity which was changed up a bit from Conan and then checked Conan and they updated it to match more with infinity before going to print.

The GM section has more on what you can spend doom for but these are what I use in a fantasy setting when the player rolls complications (20s on a d20) as they don't have any good list despite the community asking for one.

generally 1 complication is a minor inconvenience (like a melee weapon loosing a die of damage for the encounter) but generally just gets a heat added to the pool. 2 complications would be something like a dropped weapon (my favorite is the weapon is stuck in an enemy requiring actions to pull out) , loosing damage for until repaired, player slipping on all the blood of their enemy's (I've been playing alot of the Conan RPG using the same system). 3 complications would be weapon's broken or the reopening of am ignored would penalty and so on.

#30 Monkeysloth, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  11. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

Yeah, almost a third off the manual is lore. Lot's of new things in the infinity universe that add the depth needed for an RPG
    - Merc chapter, merc organisation, submoondo, O-12...
    - a chapter for each system, a map for almost every main planet...

Some weirdness too. A BAM backer choosed to make a purple dinosaur sophotecto as his NPC. "Bala perdida" a classic caledonian forum user has it's classic flash pulse under the skirt...

Darkvortex87 likes this.
  12. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Yeah, I'd expect the rpg based off the miniatures game based off the home-brewed rpg to be more lore heavy. It's kinda the thing for rpgs to have more lore, since you are intended to interact more with the "worldbuilding" stuff and not just "jump into mecha and blow shit up" (that's what the ttmg is for).

13. R-z

R-z Active Member

Wait the settings home brewed?

14. chromedog

The miniatures game came out of an pen and paper rpg setting that Gutier came up with (that's why he's lead designer. It's HIS world, we only play in it.)
    Several of the named characters WERE player characters from that game.

The circle is complete.

The expanse (book and TV series) also came out of rpg stuff. At first, it was going to be a MMORPG, but that plan fell apart, then it became a pen and paper rpg, and then a book, then a series.

Firefly also came out of an rpg. Joss Whedon played a LOT of Traveller in college (and if you've played it, you can see the characters in it from an rpg perspective).

15. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

I didn't knew that about Firefly!
    [​IMG]
    I love when RPGs go beyond the original media, like Lodoss and of course Infinity

Danger Rose likes this.
  16. Darkvortex87

you have no idea how much things were derived from RPG or books.
    sometimes things born from fantasy are the most realistic created.
    Example: "Utopia" from 1888, it's the first book where in the future (year 2000) people use Cards instead of money (credit card anyone?)

you can find extremely detailed list online.

chromedog and jherazob like this.
  17. chromedog

It's also "highly suggested" that the "underworld" movies came out of some people reading the "tragically hip" [NOT the canadian band) Vampire rpg from the 90s, too (although Sony won that case, so who knows ?)

Errhile likes this.
  18. PreacherSaul

PreacherSaul Active Member

Dresden files seem to be based on old White Wolf stuff.

Looking forward to getting hold of the infinity book. Might be tempted to run a game.

19. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Well... I would disagree there (even while I agree the "Die Hard treatment for the player characters" gets applied a lot to Harry XD), but the Codex Alera series of the same author comes from an internet dare Jim purposelly lost. He said he could make a working book of two random concepts and was shoot with "lost roman legion" and "Pokemon"... he said "you win" and went to make a great series (adding wolf people and Zerg and symbiotic barbarians to the mix, in a "sink world" were a lot of stuff ends).

20. R-z

R-z Active Member

so is there any change in mindset when a Dogface transform into the Dog-Warrior (e.g more aggressive in Dog-Warrior form than Dogface form)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation