1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity PbP - Sunz of VaudeVille

Discussion in 'RPG' started by Solodice, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

Lost Souls

"No, there are more than a few boys in the gang as well." Clancy responded to Samira. "As for threats it wouldn't be here and it wouldn't be now but you'd know." Clancy said with a stern look at Kenn.

Amanda returned a small smile to Samira and sent another message to Clancy and she ran off the way she came.

"Amanda says she's just happy to help."

A message comes across the team's comlogs. It's directly from the Sunz Detective Agency.

SDA: Hello team. There has been some reshuffling of the cards. Ric Vasquez and Mew are being switched with Pietro Beretta and Taisa Grunewald (see attached SDA files for more info). Don't worry as they're not going far nor are your new teammates. They're just trading jobs right here on Bakunin.

Mesmer Inn

Pietro and Taisa had already gotten the news an hour before SDA sent the message to Saito, Samira, and Kenn. The two had been working another job but circumstances called for a change. They had arrived and set up shop in the Mesmer Inn and even had a little data packet left for them by Ric and Mew.

[Data Packet///@47%^9]

Ric: If you're heading to Faust's Boutique make sure you double click the flag. That's where the real catalogue is. Doubt he knows anything about Loren but his knowledge of some particular groups might be worth investigating further. Oh, and don't remind him I was there. We didn't exactly get off on the right foot.

Mew: I've loaded up the preliminary data I discovered. Loren is a true ghost on this ship and a skilled hacker made sure of that. Tracking down this hacker would be my suggestion. They might know more about Loren's whereabouts or put you on the right path.

[Data Packet///@47%^9///Executing Self Scrubbing Protocols]

2. SCTerranPlayer14

SCTerranPlayer14 Well-Known Member

Taisa arrived at the Mesmer Inn and after reading the message decided that the best course of action was to head straight to Faust's Boutique as soon as possible before the trail got cold. Using her prehensile tail she took out a vaping e-cigarette and stuck it into her mouth as she began to scroll through what information she could pull up on Faust's Boutique.

#42 SCTerranPlayer14, Apr 27, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  3. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Father Pietro Beretta shadowed His "Foxy Lupine" partner in investigations and kept an aware attention to Her surrounding; She was a consummate professional of the Bakunite Underworld and was extremely able in the Investigations on the wild frontier of Arachne, more useful but also more chaotic Data-Sphere typical of the Nomad Nations (He was born and raised in the Old Earth Protectorates of the Panoceanian Catholic Church, considered a "Rural Backwater" by the Hyperpower, so was not so dependant on the "Classical Standards" of the more sedate Maya, like many of His compatriots). . .

While subvocalizing on a Latin War-Prayer of the Paladin Crusaders, one of the "Sentinel Standing Guard In The Middle Of The Night" checked the A/R Implant Data-Feed of His advanced Cyberoptics; with the Data Packet sent by the Sunz Agency had yet downloaded the Recognition Patterns of the new Team Members in the "Biometric Scanner Neurochip" and also were configured some "Potential Profilings" of the Investigation Target, even modified with Cosmetic Biografts and Modification Implants available to be surgically integrated in the Available Time and Resource Allotment of the Target. . .

Had the impression that the estranged daughter was far more smart that just rely on Self-Modding, and maybe a Streetgang Smart-Dress, to just believe to blend in, but was anyway an useful exercise to keep the Mind, and the Soul, not idle (an Unforgivable Sin in the Mindset of the Black-Friar Inquisitor). . .

Selecting a corner where would not stand too much, but also NOT giving the impression of a "Stalker Shrouded In Shadows" kept the vigil on the surrounding area; was totally sure that Taisa was able to face whatsoever opposition on Her native "Digital Turf" would be vanquished in mere Virtual Picoseconds, and a devious foe disguised as a Maid Waitress or Innocent Bystander that tried to closely accost the deceptively small-framed "Cheetah Vixen" would have the unwelcomed surprise to face a Veteran of the Chimera Gladiatorial Arenas. . .

So He stuck to His best specialization and stood vigilant agains any possible Ranged Threat, at any Tactically Sound Distance; started the "Cleric Tetragrammaton Gunkata Subroutines" of the Cyberoptical Implants, calculating Shooting Vectors and Optimal Firing Ranges just to be sure that anyone was kept on predictive paths. . .

To "Padre Pietro Beretta of Genoa, Italy" descendant on one of the Crusading Families that many centuries before went to the Deliverance of the Holy Land with "Condottieri" like Andrea Doria and Goffredo Da Buglione it was as easy as breathing, and subvocalizing His usual Combat Prayers. . .

4. DrunkCorsair

DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

"Thank you again, for your help, Madame and i think it is best we leave now to not further disturb your business." Samira adressed Madame Clancy "And please dont take it as an offense of my companions here, they are far from home."

"Kenn you heard me?" Samira began shooing the Tohaa and his companion out of the door.

Outside the Lost Souls Samira stopped Kenn and Igor.

"i should have thought earlier about this, but we need to do something. You scare the locals. Before we met with the new team members we will have a few things to do first."

After that Samira began dragging along Kenn.

5. Daemon of Razgriz

Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

"No one knows, we prefer it above all else, of our existence." The ninja replies in Japanese. "Sensei, words are precious and I dare not waste them amongst people who know their value. Those wanna be ronin trade words like gold and it costs very little to keep them gifting me said gold.

The ex ninja knows with that one phrase who he's dealing with. He kept his mouth shut and studied the man now known to be Gota while in the dark as to his identity but with the revelation of this, he starts to close into his years of strict training and discipline. Respect was a lot to people like him, contrary to the belief that there would be no honour amongst assassins.

Taking a snap of the succulents with his comlog Saito asks,
    "I assume that fellow loyalists help tend this and similar gardens across Bakunin?"

6. stevenart74

"Ad Astra Futurus Humanitas Est! Libera Nos, Pater, Ex Tenebris Vacuus!! In Lux, Lucis!!!"

"Taisa, My friend, I'm covering Your Six, at the Red Bench, between the Loro-Locco Shop and the Pulpi-Beer Stand! I do not think that anything uncouth will happen here, in the Middle of Vaudeville, but we are near a couple of Backstreets that brings towards Praxis third Border-Zone. . .!!"

"Who know what Idiot Slave-Ringer, with a Two-Skender Visor made in Yungang, will gaze upon Your Magnificence, see the Superficial Moddings of Extra Quality, and decide to add You to His seraglio. . .??"

"Last Time that happened was rather a serious efforts to explain to that nice Moderator Sergeant, Rodriguez, that the smears of blood over all the Holo-Adds were just casual and that the Entrails spilled everywhere were NOT our fault. . .!!"

"Rest assured, that You can wade at Your leisure in the. . . . .Webs of Arachne. . .And that I stand vigil at Your beck and call. . . . .!!!"

"While You do Your NetSearch, plumbing the depths of the Local Datasphere, I will try to contact Our new Colleagues, to see if we can narrow down a Geographical Location, to maybe execute a Pincer Maneuver. . . . .!!!"

After the Encrypted Geist-To-Geist hypersecure communication (possible only for the nearby placement of the two Operatives)
    then Father Pietro Beretta changed of some paces the location, to be eventually well visible even at a quick glance from the point of view of the Former Chimera Gladiatrix and looked around the premises. . .

The AR Cyberoptic Implants cycled, with just a Mental Impulse, from the "Biometric Mode" (that tried AFIS signature facial recognition on the various passersbys) to "X Visor Mode" to be alert from far more importaance than just the visuals around. . .

The pose was casual, lazily propped against an Holo-Add Street-Pole, and seemed as if was perusing the wares shown in a nearby food-stall, as if unsure if a "Yuan Special Triple Burger" was more palatable than a "El Funduq Falafel, Extra Spicy"; but in reality the Black-Friar Inquisitor was trying to read the mood and ambiance of the street. . .

One hand was idly fingering the various Holo Tags, but the positioning was to cover the other, ensconced inside the light dark trench, ready to extract the Semiautomatic Handgun with slightly enlarged Clip; the other Sidearm, apparently identical, but loaded with the super dangerous Double-Trouble Ammunition, and a Reinforced Barrell specially treated to handle the viciously caustic Viral Neurotoxin of the Payload, was safely secured in a Special Holster in the small of the back. . .

Then the Panoceanian Priest Detective, satisfied that no apparent threat was present at the moment, compiled a brief Data-Infodump, encrypted with the cyphers furnished by the Sunz Agency, and sent it to the nearest available Virtual Stream. . .

On a whim chose the Alien Humanoid called Kenn'Taal, amongst all the available fellow new teamers; He had yet met some of the New Allies of Humanity, in a Joint Meeting on Neoterra, some time ago, (vital informations for those who stood, like Him, at the bulwark against the Encroaching Darkness that was the Combined Army); those "Igaus". . ."Igaos" seemed very knowledgeable of this new breed of Speculo Infiltrators that, translated from the weird Language of the Shaasvastii were defined "Agents Of Chaos" but were also cold, distant, uncaring and unfeeling. . .

Father Beretta instead saw that weird Footage on the Paradiso Frontier Town, where the Tohaa Biotech Expert showed the physique of His erstwhile companion, a sort of Biological Humanoid Drone (weird, odd, but just half an hour ago, the good father has crossed the street from one of those far creepier "Hollow Men" that was somehow "Too on Vacation from Tunguska. . .") and that new fellow stroke Hum as far more relatable. . .

. . . . .

"Hello New Friend Kenn! Here is Father Pietro Beretta!! You New accomplished in Criminal Enforcement!!! My esteemed colleague Taisa and I are still following some Leads on the Case that are "Old-But-Not-Cold" to not leaving anything untried!!! Should You want to rendez-vous at a phsyical location later, we could share tactical informations and New Leads in a more secure environment; just name a preference and We will try to reach in a timely fashion!!!!

7. Solodice

Deck 34

"Words aren't cheap but you can always spare a few to cut through the grating silence." Gota said checking out the petals of the lone flower sprouting from a parodia buiningii. "And those mercs sure do love to fill the silence with noise."

He took a step back when a couple came to admire the same collection of cacti. "Flora and dirt aren't easy to come by on Bakunin but I do like helping out the community collections like this one. Bakunians really do love the cacti. Something about being prickly, resilient, and strangely beautiful." He looked at Saito. "The loyalists you speak of are great for cover. I sympathize with the cause but I have my own duties. Speaking of duties I'm sure your new blade has come in handy? Don't worry, I'm not here to drag you back in. That would cause more than a few problems. We do keep tabs when we can though."

Deck 37

Clancy did leave some parting knowledge for Samira and Kenn before they left. The Heartaches usually prowled along the starward (think port) of deck 53 near the integrated Langworks 13B vessel that hosts the Third Eye module.

Faust's Boutique

Taisa steps into the shop and just like Ric the Order of the Temple of the flag catches her attention. Heeding the advice of the Corregidoran she approaches the counter and with a single finger reaches out and double taps towards the flag. Faust himself was seated and reading something in AR but his eyes followed her when she performed the motion.

The first thing she was greeted with was a message: Judas did nothing wrong.

It faded away and was replaced by a menu showing off an assortment of goods that one shouldn't outright be asking for.

[The secret menu: Stealth Repeater (Corebook), Fast Panda (Nomads), UPGRADE Fadeware (Nomads), Foomp Flinger (Nomads), FFP Repeater Rounds (Nomads), Noimosyn (PanOceania), and a pass to a Laboratory, Personal (Nomads).]

"Anything strike your fancy?" Faust asked.

On the walk path Pietro enhanced eyes swept their way across the night time crowds. There was nothing out of the ordinary... well at least in the sense of Bakunin. People were out enjoying themselves and some more than others. A few pop up lectures and soapbox types were also out and about. Some took them seriously and some just treated them like another form of entertainment. Then there was the first sight of Moderators. The two were easy enough to spot with their uniforms and orange patrol modcoats with Moderator stenciled across the back. They were accompanied by a Transductor Zond for support.

Then he spotted the flag though the front glass facade of Faust's Boutique. Since the fall of the Templars the use of their symbols wasn't prohibited in PanO but no respectable company would reproduce such things. Of course there were many that jumped at the opportunity to exploit this "market" especially Nomad and Yu Jing manufacturers. Pietro had seen the real deal when it came to their symbols, banners, and flags. The reproductions were all knockoffs that were missing the intricate and hidden details. This flag though was a genuine Templar flag.

#47 Solodice, Apr 30, 2022
    Last edited: May 1, 2022
  8. stevenart74

Father Beretta was very intrigued by the Templar's Relic Banner; although the mission of the Black Friars was especially to investigate that specific kind of Techno-Heresy, who could say if that Shop catered just to the tastes of "Dangerous Risquèè Antiques" (much like in centuries past People collected Satanist and Cultist Tomes, even if they were not really interested to join the "Servant Of Darkness") or in fact was a Front for the incredibly dangerous and proscribed Market of Illegal Artificial Intelligences. . .

Anyway the curiosity was piqued and the "Undercover Bladerunner Priest" made a circuit to tour the various shop windows of the road, to then try to reach the Shopfront in the most casual manner possible. . .

The idea was to execute a HD Snapshot of that Flag with His advanced Cyberoptics, to later peruse and analyze with calm; a direct communication with His contacts in the Order was totally out of discussion, but if that signal pointed to something really dangerous, maybe would have at least be part of a Dossier to be sent later, in an encrypted super-secure package to a blind drop-spot. . .

But the current, actual mission took always precedence; Pietro Beretta was a serious professional. . .

Taisa the Chimera was always kept in clear view, as the center of the radious of the circuituous, casual manner of approaching the Boutiques; the safety and welfare of the Colleague would take precedence over every other concern, to be filed at a later moment. . .

Also the two Moderator Street Cops were smartly kept in the peripheral point of view; these "Guardians Of The Local Peace" were always a good barometer of the current situation; if they were tense, nervous, on edge, or instead totally relaxed and at ease, would have been an important fact to be very wary and alert of. . .

9. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Kenn "Huh? Oh that, I forgot that even happened. Um...what do you both look like? Haven't been around Kats in any circumstance perchance?"
    Kenn "It is a warning not a threat. Igor is protective of me and if I were in danger then he spring into action. So if the girl doesn't commit any such action all will be fine. I'm not trying to scare her despite what you may think."
    Out of the frying pan into the fire. While he was glad to leave Clancy's den the outlandish spectical of Bakunin was only serving to keep the Tohaa weary of his personal space. He would rather be on Paradiso than this place despite how he disliked the emerald hell as the planet where he almost died. Since there was too much eye stimulants in the current area Kenn began to relie more on his weakened pheromones to judge the character of his surroundings. Hopefully these Heartbreakers wouldn't be a displeasure to interact with as their name suggested.

#49 Golem2God, May 1, 2022
    Last edited: May 4, 2022
  10. stevenart74

Momentarily puzzled by the question of Kenn'Tal then Father Pietro Beretta took a little more time than usual to compose a reply on the Comlog; tried to integrate the answer in the attempt to be casual about the Templar Flag in the Boutique display window. . .

The idea was to present a façade of the hapless Tourist that was taking Snapshot Pictures of everywhere, to fill a Mayasphere Travelog. . .

But in reality was to try to achieve some useful Visual References of the place where He and Taisa were waiting to appoint a rendez-vous with the rest of the Investigative Squad and to aquire some Data for the secondary personal investigation . . .

. . . . .

"Kats? As in Cats?? Do You have read all that weird propaganda about the dangerous alley-strays of Bakunin. . .??"

"Do not worry, I'm not really a Cat-Person and My comrade Taisa, while superficially could suggest Feline Biografts, is in reality a fully fledged Legal Vulpine Chimera; I know that the apparent differences could be jarring to an external view. . ."

"I'm sure that You are far more expert of totally radically different ecosystems and lifeforms that I will find as well Exotic and Weird. . ."

"You can see My colleague in this attached Image; as You can see She is rather Foxy and not. . . . .Katty"

"She is busy collating some Metadatas reharding the Inquiry to arrive at the same Level of You all; also You can see the Geolocal Coordinates of the Place we physically are; cross-indexing with Your actual place, maybe we could reach a middle ground location to convene all. . .!!"

11. SCTerranPlayer14

SCTerranPlayer14 Well-Known Member

Taisa was a bit annoyed when the message quickly popped up and faded away in her AR. Still the menu had some nice toys. The Chimera gave a fang filled smile to Faust when he asked if she saw anything she liked. “That sweet upgrade looks good. By the way, I’m looking for someone.” Taisa showed Faust the picture of the missing Loren Dixon as she flattered the shop owner, seeing if she could use her charm to get him to help, leaning a bit closer to him. “Her parents are out of their minds with worry about her. I’m just one of those kind hearted souls trying to help. And from what I heard you have a keen ear and a sharp eye and that you see and hear things that even the moderators miss. So got any info?”

DrunkCorsair and stevenart74 like this.
  12. stevenart74

Seeing that the Chimera Hacker was yet directly speaking with this "Faust" (a Name or Nickname with a certain significance; maybe made a "Faustian Pact" with a "Mephistophelic Artificial Intelligence". . .??) then Father Beretta approached more the Boutique Window, keeping in sight all nearby pedestrians and the two Moderator Beatcops. . .

The "Comlog Answer Agent" was put on a silent mode, diverting any eventual answer from the Tohaa Colleague, or others of the Investigative Squad, to the Geist rather than the Conscious Mind; all the alertness of the Undercover Inquisitor had now to be aimed to best support the Ex Uberfallkommando. . .

Whatever else would have to wait, to be filed at later moment; surely was very improbable that violence would ensue for whatever reasons, but this was Bakunin, and strange happenstances were the Norm and not the Exception. . .

Still "Padre" Pietro Beretta was convinced that his Cyberoptical Implants, enhanced by all manner of Sensorware Smartchips, would have been a far more useful "Weapon" in this moment, than the twin "Taurus Ferro" Automatic Pistols, secured in rapid estraction holsters of the "Bagyoo Militechnica" (premier Panoceanian Lobby specialized in Sidearm Handguns Accessories) under the "Light Edgerunner Trench" (a not so perfect attempt to build the "Clueless Tourist Failing To Blend In Vaudeville" image). . .

DrunkCorsair likes this.
  13. DrunkCorsair

DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

Leaving Madame Clancys establishment, Samira stopped Kenn and Igor.

Samira "vefore we do something else wen need really to do something about you two. You just stick out to much. So you know what we are doing before we meet the others like our new teammates?"

Samira looked at Kenns puzzled face.

Samira "No idea?" tilting her head

Samira "We are going shopping." with a big grin

Waiting a few moments before Kenn musters an answer, Samira hooks into Kenns arm and drags him to soem cheap tourists shops to get him a nd Igor and new outfit to make them look less intimidating.

stevenart74 and Solodice like this.
  14. Daemon of Razgriz

Raising an eyebrow, Saito betrays a hint of concern. He knew that no matter how hard he tried, eventually either the clans or the Imperial service would find him and kill him but to realise that the clans knew where he was the entire time was... Discomforting to put it mildly. Thinking to himself, was i that much of a failure that i didn't even escape them from the beginning?

"Sensei," Saito switches back to Yu Jingese. "The blade is an honourable addition to my arsenal and has proven very useful. It is with great regret that i was unable to take it with me to Bakunin but it is safe." Saito stops to appreciate the simple beauty of the cacti, reflecting on Gota's words, before returning to the conversation.

"Sensei, are there any other sights you wish to show me in your garden? There are many delightful plants i'm sure you can show me but i dare not interrupt the chi of this place without your blessings." with that Saito bows his head slightly, just enough to acknowledge respect without drawing undue attention.

15. Solodice

Faust's Boutique

Taisa made sure to flatter Faust about his shop's on and off the shelf goods. The quickest way to a shopkeepers heart was to compliment the goods they were selling. It seemed to work.

"Is that what people are saying about me these days? Interesting. I can tell you I haven't seen her in the shop and her name hasn't come up with anyone I know." He stood up from his seat. "The people I know are mostly hackers and other quantronic warriors, professionals, or whatever they're calling themselves these days."

Taisa's geist helpfully bumped the info that Mew had uncovered earlier. Loren was being helped or had hired a very talented hacker. Maybe Faust could help out with that?

Back on the outside Padre stayed vigilante. The Moderators were just a normal patrol. They were relaxed and were even starting up chats with the on lookers at the soapbox preachers and lecturers. Some of the chats were longer then others indicating a possible friendship or at least connection to these particular mods.

Deck 37

VaudeVille didn't lack in selection when it came to clothes and the styles of Bakunin but one thing Bakunin didn't like was touristy merchandise. So what Samira was after though required a little searching and luck. She found it at a pop up clothing stand called Thrift-Me outside of a Loro-Locco. Where tourists would trade in their old garb and where Nomads would come to kit-bash something original together. She picked out a tacky Varuna flower shirt and just a size to small tan cargo shorts for Kenn. Igor got a pair of mirrored aviators and a bright yellow fanny pack.

[Kenn and Igor gain Lifestyle Demogrant (Tourist) Clothing. No one will take you seriously so +1 difficulty to Persuade and Lifestyle tests but at the same time add +1 difficulty to enemy Observation tests. They also give 1 bonus Momentum on Education tests because people are more willing to help out.]

Deck 34

"The local garden is indeed full of delightful plants but this one seems sufficient for now." He fiddled with the cuff links on his suit. "You are a just a guest... a trusted guest though. So there is no worry about any disruption or interruption of the chi." His eyes turn to the left slightly reading a message in AR.

"It looks like our time has come to end." He takes the cuff links off and drops them into Saito's hands and Gota's contact info is passed over to him. "In case you want to meet again."

The Oniwaban rolls up his cuffs and slips into a passing group and he's gone. Looking at the cuff links Saito sees the company logo of Tenchō Investment Services (Kōsetsu clan).

[Saito has gained Gota (Kōsetsu Oniwaban) as a contact.]

#55 Solodice, May 7, 2022
    Last edited: May 7, 2022
  16. stevenart74

Father Pietro Beretta was very glad that Taisa seemed to have a smooth exchange of useful infos with that Faust fellow; was unclear about it, but it seemed that one of the former squad members, now seconded to the precedent case of the Undercover Inquisitor and the Chimera Hacker, had alienated somehow the Informatic Shopowner. . .

It was probably some very intricate Social Contest that was incomprehensible not only for those not Citizens of the Nomad Nation, but also for Not Natives of the Mothership of Bakunin; while the Dominican Affiliate to the Blackfriars was clearly trained in analyzing with some prejudice most of what was external to the Church Dogma, the other experiences of the Investigator-Detective let Him with an uncommon open mind, at least for the first look at things outside the "Usual Comfort Zone". . .

Still keeping an alert "Sentinel Vigil" toward the colleague, just in case, then the Priest-Cop put some thoughts about the Local Moderators; their apparent relaxed atttude was not taken as lazyness or unpreparedness; the Street Police of Vaudeville had the utmost respect for their difficult "Beat Patrol Turf" where everything could happen in an instant. . .

Casually as a typical tourist, then Interrogator-Cleric looked at the interactions with the people; without Intrusive Searches outside the purview of a Civilian Onlooker, the Biometric Visor Cyberoptics activated a low level Facial Recognition on the two Cops, carefully remaining on the allowed legal limits that the Former Uberfallkommando Colleague (a Native of that very Premises) had painstakingly explained Him. . .

Father Beretta was VERY mindful of the Memo of the Sunz Agency to absolutely not only NOT antagonizing the local Police, but instead to be very helpful of them, if allowed between Mission Parameters; cross indexing the Two Moderators with Local Disruptive Events (at least those that could be apparent on available media) could allow His expert Analytical Crimefighting to be maybe of some help, to be offered eventually later to those Street Cop to garner some goodwill. . .

Freely and without strings attached, as Pietro understood was a fundamental part of the strange "Social Energy Favours Currency" that was so paramountly important on that Nomad Mothership. . .

17. Golem2God

Kenn was split on the outfit he was given. On one hand he liked how it looked but it made him stand out further among the sea of citizens. Not good in his case. Second was the smaller size of cargo pants. It wasn't tight but somewhat uncomfortable. Igor however was faring better in that he wasn't wearing any clothing just a portable baggage container & eye protectants.

Kenn "Sam...I know it is a Human custom to be openly thankful when receiving a gift but...could you at least have found a pair of pants that fit me better?"
    Just then the Geist chimed in inside Kenn's noggin.
    Edd "I believe since the Miss has not been openly hostile to you, one could guess that she got the best that was available. Though I could be wrong about that and this is the beginning of onslaught of vicious attacks against you."

18. stevenart74

At the moment things seemed to be enough calm and relaxed that Father Pietro Beretta hoped to continue to cement further the collaborations between the various Detectives of the Sunz Investigative Agencie; having a Team split up in half, and then immediatly joined with other partners seconded from a different Enquiry was not at all easy. . .

The Old Earth Priest-Detective thought back at all the years passed in Law Enforcement and in Deductive Journalism to try to imagine the better manner of obtaining a smooth integration; hard experience taught Him that the "Special Perspective" of the Panoceanian Knightly Orders (especially the Dominican Black Friars, the "New Inquisition" of the Human Sphere, as was often jeered and jibed His Order) could be off putting if not properly filtered with more "Mundane, Secular" point of views. . .

First opened an encrypted communication with the longest known "Accomplishe"; even if the radical background of an Ex Uberfallkommando Chimera Gladiatrix was amongst the most sharply divergent from His own (Pietro suspected even the Alien Tohaa; it was said some the "Xeno-Artichokes" often had a deep spiritualism and a fond holistic approach to Spiritualism that bordered Kabbalism and Angelic-Numerology !!) their shared past of "Netrunner Hackers" combing Dataspheres to solve Crimes was a strong point of contact, and helped the two to forge a powerful professional bond of camaraderie. . .

"Taisa? Everything seems going smooth from My external sentinel stand!! Just a couple of Moderators chatting amiably with Local Streetpeople and Colourful Citizens!!! It seems all very relaxed and peaceful, but obviously I will not daresay the Local Knowledge that You have as a Native of Bakunin!!! Will keep in mind the Red-Alert Telltales that You warned Me of. . . . . ."

"That Faust fellow seems Professional, Expert and Amiable enough, hopefully will give us some solid pointers! In the meanwhile, take care that that Banner in Display in the Road-Window, the one of the Disbanded Templars, is a REAL DEAL, not a fake copy!! Not enough to point Faust as a dabbler in Artificial Intelligences, but surely a Computer Expert with some True Knowledge, or at least with very Skilled and Talented contacts to whom fencing rare dangerous goods. . .!!"

"Will not ask You to check on that stuff UNLESS it will happens to be relevant to the Main Investigation abroad! Have yet explained You rather expressively the . . . . . .Deep Frown Scolding. . . .that My Order's Abbots have for that peculiar. . . . .Fallen Brothers!! But, alas, this is NOT Panoceanian Turf, but the Sovereign State of a Nomad Mothership!! Here apply the Local Laws of Bakunin, not those of Holy Mother Roman Church. . . . .!!"

The Cleric-Investigator hoped to have injected enough levity in the Encrypted Comm to explain the Mutated Zoanthropus Woman that (while Templars were a SERIOUS Issues for the Black Friars) it was not an immediate concern related to the tasked mission and that Pietro Beretta was totally dedicated to the ongoing investigation. . . . .

Then opened another encrypted call to the Tohaa contacted beforehand; the "Padre Dei Frati Neri" took a little more to be careful of modulating the automated answer protocols of the Personal Geist (a "Gestalt Mental Image" of various famous preachers of His Dominican Order, a very advanced and customized system) as it seemed from prior "Security Handhsake Protocols" that the Geist of Mister (?) Kenn Taal was peculiarly snarky and bothersome. . .

Probably a side-effect of the Language Barrier and Sophontic-Datasphere Translations to whatever "Personal Digital Self-Cognizant Assistant" the Tohaas employed (a fellow Black-Friar, a Combat Sniper Veteran from Paradiso Frontlines once said ALL Technology of the New Allies of Humanity was Organic Biomecha in origin and Vat-Grown to specifics !!) and a more Humansphere-Friendly Interface. . .

". . .Mister. . . . .Kenn? Is that the logical Pronoun to address You?? I confess a sharply distressing ignorance of the Ways of Your People, and beg forgiveness beforehand for unwanted offences I unwillingly provoke!!!"

"Me and My colleague have almost rounded up some useful Data-Mining and searching Leads on the Mission Target! Would You think that could be then, once collated everything useful, we all convene to a physical location nearby (the most convenient to all the group! I believe I have yet transmitted the Shipboard Coordinates of the Zone where we are . . .) to also greet each others in the old fashion. . .??"

"Or it is best to still remain geographically isolated and continue to communicate via encrypted channels?? I will not suggest is the best way to proceed, but maybe prior engagements of Your Team have forced a separation of numbers. . . . .???"

#58 stevenart74, May 12, 2022
    Last edited: May 13, 2022
  19. Golem2God

Kenn "Pronoun? Oh you mean he. Yes I am a male. As for positioning wouldn't being separated by within short distance from each other be better? If someone of us needs help other can be nearby to assist. Using the encrypted channel to communitcate in the meantime. By the way where are you from?"
    Edd "The file sent to you said he hails from Earth sir. The cradle of Humanity. If I had palms and digits I would be tempted to facepalm as the ancient lingo states."

20. Daemon of Razgriz

Rolling the cuffs in the palm of his hand, Saito ponders for a moment the tragic implications of all his careful plans crashing down around him. Morose for the moment, Saito heads back to Sunset boulevard to find a nice place to eat a quiet meal while pondering his next move. Bringing up his options again, the music bar seems like a nice place to lose himself in some crowd and the crowd to lose him. It's quite a walk back, moving back through the streets that Gota lead him though, navigating them easily due to his talent for recognising landmarks. As he passed by some back corridors, Saito notices some stray cats wondering about and chuckles to himself about the warnings, although quick to heed them himself. After some time Saito arrives on the street containing the Gaslight cafe.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation