1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra Política de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

Infinity PbP - Sunz Never Rest

Discussion in 'RPG' started by Solodice, Dec 28, 2017.

  1. Daemon of Razgriz

    Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2018
    Messages:
    172
    Likes Received:
    198
    Going for the stealth roll. D4. Burning 3 momentum to roll 5 dice. Wish me luck!

    Target 14. Roll is 16+6+2+9+18. 3 successes out of 4 needed. Using scout to reroll 1 die.

    Reroll 18. New roll is 12. So 4 successes. Phew! Holy crap. That was the most nervous roll for me so far.

    Years of training and preternatural senses allowed Saito to "sense" the presence of someone long before the door started to open. Finding an adequate hiding spot in the study and settling himself down before the door fully opens. Making sure the geist is still recording so that faces of people can be identified for later. Saito also instructs his geist to mirror the images into the team's tacnet so that the other members can watch recordings when they get some time.
     
    stevenart74 and Solodice like this.
  2. Solodice

    Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    343
    Likes Received:
    612
    Momentum: 8 (-1 Eddie, -1 Amyah, +3 Amyah, -3 Saito), Heat: 6

    On The Road

    [Additional damage dice for Eddie: 4, 1 = 5 total vigor damage and causes a harm!]

    Eddie's AP pistol punches holes right through the crashsuit. The biker that was once seated on his bike is no longer there having fallen off after a bullet hit something vital.

    Down to 4 bikers.

    GM roll letting Impi use Agent Lan's free d20: 6, so one success!

    Damage: 4, 4, 6, 4

    1 damage and 1 effect (Vicious 1) = 2 damage + 3 soak = 0 vigor damage

    Damage Location: Right Arm

    Biker 4's crashsuit has been used so he no longer gets any soak.


    Impi thinks his aim was horrible, and it was, but the rule with high rate of fire is that you're bound to get lucky do to volume. So be it Impi can see the biker shake out his right arm like it was hit.

    In the middle of the chaos Amyah whips out her medikit and makes sure Konrad doesn't become incapacitated.

    [Konrad has gained 4 vigor back (+2 for Amyah's success and another +2 for the spending of a momentum). Konrad can gain back more if he himself decides to do a recovery action himself.]

    With the jolt of the nanobolts and the insuring second wind Konrad feels daring. Instead of slowing up to the turn he rips the e-brake sending the SUV drifting through the turn. It catches all the nearby bikers off guard.

    ====

    Biker 2 using agility and spending 1 heat to try and stay on the SUV after Konrad's evasive maneuver (face to face with Konrad's pilot roll): 18, 17, 3

    1 success and he loses the face to face roll.

    Biker 4 using pilot and spending 1 heat to keep up with the SUV (face to face with Konrad's pilot roll): 3, 13, 8

    2 successes and loses the face to face roll.

    Biker Hacker and Biker Jammer spend their standard actions to perform the flat out action: 4, 13 and 8, 16

    Both have 1 success and are able to perform the flat out action.

    ====

    The biker barely holding on to the SUV doesn't expect such a violent turn and is thrown free.

    [Down to 3 bikers.]

    The nearest biker overshoots the turn and now has to double back.

    [He's moved from close range to extreme range.]

    These Red Vipers don't give up easy though. The roar from the furthest bikers become deafening as their throttles open up all the way and come within spitting distance of the SUV.

    [Biker Hacker and Biker Jammer have moved into close range.]

    "Keep going straight ahead. We're beginning to set up a road block. If you still have any company we'll happily deal with them." Lan's ghost says.

    Konrad can make out faint flashing lights up ahead. They were almost out of dodge.

    Gated Community

    The study didn't have many great places to hide in to begin with. Now pressed for time Saito would need to pull out a miracle. He thinks fast and vaults over the desk and tucks himself under it. He slows his breathing, relaxes his muscles, and doesn't dare move an inch.

    Watching from his planted recorder he sees a man enters and makes his way to the desk. He's not the triad or the muscled freak he's seen before. This is someone different. An average height man with a bit of a belly.

    Saito watches as he can see his feet come around to opening in the desk. The top draw above him unlocks and slides out and barely misses grazing Saito's head. The man shuffles around some stuff before it he finds what he was looking for. A piece of paper from what Saito can see from his recorder.

    He shuts the drawer, doesn't lock it, and leaves the room. Saito can breath again.

    Momentum: 8, Heat: 4 (-1 Biker 2, -1 Biker 4)
     
    #322 Solodice, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    sonicReducer and stevenart74 like this.
  3. Daemon of Razgriz

    Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2018
    Messages:
    172
    Likes Received:
    198
    Heart beating fast, and the paranoia threatening to take control. Saito spends a good 30+ seconds getting himself back under control. Getting up and listening to see if the man is coming back. Satisfied that he isn't. Saito carefully opens the drawer the was unlocked and begins to carefully rummage through it. Making sure to put things back how they were whilst also keeping the recording going.

    Observation roll. Target 11. Roll is 5+9. 2 successes.
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  4. Section9

    Section9 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2017
    Messages:
    5,919
    Likes Received:
    9,323
    Eddie tries to get another shot at the Biker Jammer (assuming he can sorta see that one, if not, closest biker). [ 10 and 13 on the dice, miss ] Eddie curses even more spectacularly, something in Russian about uncultured bastard motorcyclists.
     
    Solodice and stevenart74 like this.
  5. DrunkCorsair

    DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    205
    Likes Received:
    268
    Konrads going to dodge the bikers attacks with the SUV while trying to bait them so they wont notice the cavalry waiting for all of us.

    [3 Dice for the normal Face to Face roll
    Roll(3d20)+0:
    6,17,4,+0
    Total:27

    I gonna reroll the 17

    Roll(1d20)+0:
    14,+0
    Total:14

    Coming on 3 successes]
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  6. stevenart74

    stevenart74 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2018
    Messages:
    883
    Likes Received:
    982
    As soon as that Konrad had performed admirably His daring maneuver, then Amyah, quick as a Crimson Sand Asp (lighting-fast rattlesnake of the Deserts of Bourak. . .) ejected the spent Serum Cartidge from her Hypo-Syringe and put another different chemical concoction inside the Vial Holder. . .

    The Haqqislamite Medic knew that a “Simple” dose of Medical Nanomachines would not be enough to solve the painful bruises and concussive wounds that the Human Edge Pirate had suffered, even with the somewhat reduction of the Van's chassis. . .

    To support, and enhance, the powerful healing effect of the Microscopical Nanosurgeons then She injected into the exposed blood vessel of their Driver a mix of High-Carbohidrate Nutrients (that the Nanotech Medi-Machines were jury-rigged to employ first as “Regeneration Fuel” rather than cannibalizing some other tissue of the host body) and a Pan-Spectrum Painkiller (that would have let Konrad alert and aware, but at the same time LESS constrained by negative neural sensations). . .

    She poured Herself all in the action, as the safety of their Pilot was tantamount to their own, in particular at a similar crucial junction. . . . .!!!

    . . . . .


    [As before, Medicine is one of the “Signature” Skills of Amya, with a Focus of 1 and an Expertise of 4, that coupled with Her value of Intelligence 12 net a Target Number of 16, with Difficulty 1. . .

    . . . . .

    Will take 2 Momentum from the Team Pool, and have a EXTRA Momentum given by My “Field Dressing” Skill effectively doubling the Effect of the Serum dosage and / or Medikit available. . .

    We were back at Momentum 10 (after the 2 Successes of Saito's Stealth roll and the whopping 3 of Konrad “Daredevil Drive”) if I'm not mistaken). . .

    So I will Roll now 5 Dices (2 Basics + 2 from Momentum Pool + 1 from Field Dressing). . .

    Results = 5d20: 71 [5d20= 8, 17, 19, 14, 13]

    . . . . .

    “Physician” Talent allow Me to Reroll one of the results over Target Number 16

    Reroll of a 20 Dice = 1d20: 18 [1d20= 18]

    NOPE; no extra success, but still there are 3 ample successes to do the right thing. . .

    . . . . .

    I have a Focus of 1 in the Medicine Skill. . . Should not this give some more “Oooomph!” (the Ruling in the Basic Manual is a little confused, have to re-read it carefullly) to the result. . .??

    Konrad SHOULD gain back 6 vigor back (+2 for Amyah's success and another +2 AND +2 for the spending of TWO Momentum Points)

    Momentum SHOULD be back at 10, the expenditure canceled by My successes. . . . .!!!]
     
  7. sonicReducer

    sonicReducer Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2017
    Messages:
    142
    Likes Received:
    94
    Impi braces with the lurch of the van as Konrad maneuveres, then re-braces the large assualt pistol and aims again at the same biker

    [rolling for another attack on biker 4 -

    Ballistics = 10
    1st roll = 12
    2nd roll = 14

    2 misses again :(
    ]
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  8. Solodice

    Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    343
    Likes Received:
    612
    Momentum: 8 (-2 Amyah, +2 Amyah), Heat: 4

    On The Road

    Using Agent Lan's extra dice for Eddie's attack with the AP Pistol: 14

    0 successes.


    As the biker hacker and jammer guy come blazing up alongside the SUV Eddie and Impi fire but they both miss.

    Amyah sticks Konrad again with some serum and the space pirate is starting to feel a lot better.

    [Konrad gains back 6 more vigor.]

    Konrad starts to weave his way between lanes making the bikers focus on driving instead of shooting. The flashing lights up ahead are starting to get brighter.

    "You're not far from our roadblock. Hang tight." Agent Lan says.

    ====

    Biker Hacker uses her minor action to draw her AP pistol.

    Biker Jammer uses his minor action to draw his AP pistol.

    They both use their standard actions to stay with the SUV.

    Biker 2 uses his standard action to perform the flat out action (spending 1 heat): 9, 13, 20

    1 success and 1 complication.


    ====

    The two bikers match pace with the SUV and draw their weapons.

    The biker Konrad lost earlier comes roaring up from behind but he comes in too fast. His front wheel clips the bumper and he has to slow down or lose control.

    [He was within close range but is now at medium range.]

    Gated Community

    Saito slides out the drawer and start to rummage around. A lot of it is junk and nothing important but he does pull out a roll of papers with betting denominations. They go back a few years and list the amounts paid to which bookies but doesn't list what was bet on.

    The most current bets were to Tai Ling and Timmy DeLassi.

    Additionally Saito found a small switch inside the drawer. Flipping it he hears a wall panel behind him pop open. Behind that is a safe.

    [Need a Thievery D3 if he wants to get the safe open.]

    Momentum: 8, Heat: 3 (-1 Biker 2)
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  9. Section9

    Section9 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2017
    Messages:
    5,919
    Likes Received:
    9,323
    "Agent Lan, please remind your troops that there are friendlies and a very high-value source inside the SUV!" Eddie shouts as he puts one last burst of fire into the Biker Jammer. [ 2,10 on the dice, a hit! 1+4N damage, 1,3,4,4 on the combat dice, so only 2 damage. Should leave a mark on someone, however! ]
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  10. Daemon of Razgriz

    Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2018
    Messages:
    172
    Likes Received:
    198
    Making sure to show the bets and everything to the geist for recording purposes, Saito makes sure that everything, no matter how insignificant is documented on camera for possible combing later. Catching what seems to be a poorly concealed switch, Saito pushes it to reveal a fake wall.

    Seeing the panel open up behind him. Saito turns around and gives the safe a cursory evaluation. Cursing inwardly, that he didn't bring any thievery tools with him. ("I knew i forgot something. Damn it.") Knowing his odds aren't very likely of cracking the safe, Saito instead ops to place the repeater under the desk for Impi to hack the files soon. As he didn't want to have the repeater active for too long incase there was some dedicated infowar team keeping watch over the mansion.

    Impi. I know you're busy, but it's now or never if you want to hack into the Triad database. This repeater WILL NOT be active for long.

     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  11. sonicReducer

    sonicReducer Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2017
    Messages:
    142
    Likes Received:
    94
    Impi holsters his assault pistol, hunkers down in his seat as best he can and throws up his HUD

    [You really pick your moments man! Let me see what I can do] he sends to Saito

    [making a general hacking attack against the computer
    hacking = 16
    1st roll = 8
    2nd = 8

    2 successes]
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  12. Daemon of Razgriz

    Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2018
    Messages:
    172
    Likes Received:
    198
    Saito sends back to Impi.

    "Hey, it's not my fault you all get into gunfights when i'm not around."
     
    Solodice and stevenart74 like this.
  13. Section9

    Section9 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2017
    Messages:
    5,919
    Likes Received:
    9,323
    [ It would have been nice to have a ninja to mug one of these bikers before they sprung the attack, but getting info is more important. ]
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  14. Solodice

    Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    343
    Likes Received:
    612
    Momentum: 8, Heat: 3

    On The Road

    Konrad puts the peddle to the metal and gets the SUV hauling down the road. The flashing lights and what they are attached to start to come into focus. Eddie gets a good lick in on the biker jammer but his crashsuit absorbed the damage.

    [Biker Jammer's crashsuit is used up.]

    "I know what's at stake, Mr. Calverson." Agent Lan's ghost says as Konrad sees a bright yellow flash from the blockade ahead, "Now try not to flinch."

    The biker hacker disappears into a cloud of red mist and then the sound of a multi sniper rifle firing rings out. The other two bikers slam on the breaks and make a u-turn to not become the next victims of some DA rounds.

    [End of Combat.]

    Konrad comes to a stop in front of the blockade. A team of heavily armed Celestial Guards keep a close eye on the road behind them as Agent Lan orders for everyone to exit the SUV. Everyone climbs out in one form or another and is checked over by the CG medic even with some protest from Amyah saying everyone is good.

    Bo Ryan is escorted to one of the IS SUVs as Agent Lan stands in front of Eddie, "Was hoping not to see you all again for at least another day and under different circumstances. Tai Ling provided some interesting answers and they line up with what you told me earlier. Now this incident with the bikers seems to point to you all being targets or at least having gotten too close. For your safety I'm going to bring you all in and to answer some questions on the record. We can do it nicely down at the local precinct or we can do it in handcuffs at a less local place. Your choice."

    Impi in the mean time keeps one eye in AR and one in the real world. He accesses the house's router through the repeater and is presented with the network layout:

    [​IMG]

    [Give me a D2 analysis to see what security functions your working against or you blindly go forth.]

    Gated Community

    Saito gets the repeater down and Impi gets on hacking. Now the question is it time to leave or to keep looking around? While pondering that Saito can here the houses garage door opening. Looking over his planted recorders the muscle freak is in bed and he heard the other man go to his room so it meant someone else was coming home.
     
    sonicReducer likes this.
  15. stevenart74

    stevenart74 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2018
    Messages:
    883
    Likes Received:
    982
    [Tactical Encrypted Team Subnet. . .

    Eddie, those Imperial Security guys seems a little too trigger happy and cantankerous even with the presence of Paramilitary Armed criminals like the Bosozuke Bikers. . .

    After all they received various precious info and proofs that WE voulteered firsthand and still they have to do the ". . .Come Peacefully and Uncomplaining, else. . .!!" kind of Bad Cop / Worse Cop holoflick mayamovies. . .

    I wonder if they are a little angsty and nervous as there are what amount as ESSENTIALLY "Militarized Insurgents" right under their nose; I recommend Your usual Charismatic Suaveness to smooth issues and unruffle their "Pheasant Feathers". . .

    After all, Our clients in Tunguska have said they have NO PROBLEM sharing Intel with Local Law, so long there are substantial proofs that they want for reducing their losses. . . . .!!!]

    . . . . .

    Amyah readily complied with the "Polite" requests of the Imperial Security Cops, but while apparently the typical vapid bimbo façade, keenly analyzed the disposition of the Roadblock Agents manning the place. . .

    She feared that a so violent escalation of the Criminal Interlopers could draw some sort of serious Army Firepower over the otherwise "Paradise Vacation Island" where so many Hyperpowers Citizens caroused and dawled; maybe the Humansphere-Wide media coverage was what the real culprits aimed for. . . . .and Yujing usually reacted pre-emptively with the subtlety of a Scalpel. . . . .a scalpel that is mounted on the impact face of a Two Handed Stonebreaker Maul, like the ones employed by Her Old Uncle Hamid, nototious burly stonemason (that even BEFORE starting implanting Muscleweave Silkware was a brutal mountain of muscles and aggressiveness !!!). . .

    Also it was not to discount that the Backers of the Yakuza Bikers would like again to try to close cases with some more extra "Smuggled Military Hardware" like the Jammer Backpack employed beforehand. . . . .but this time of a more "Vintage Antitank Ordnance" flavour. . .

    It paid to be attent and alert. . . . .!!!
     
    Section9 likes this.
  16. Section9

    Section9 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2017
    Messages:
    5,919
    Likes Received:
    9,323
    "No offense, Agent Lan, but I wasn't wanting to see you today, either. And definitely not with your Tac Team having to bail us out." Eddie comes across rather embarrassed, complete with 'blushing emoji' on his Social Aura.

    "I would really prefer a cordial exchange of information on the record, but we have an asset out and about right now that our information specialist is assisting. Can we hold off on locking down comms until we get the information from that asset?"
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  17. sonicReducer

    sonicReducer Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2017
    Messages:
    142
    Likes Received:
    94
    Impi suffers the attentions of the Imperial Security as stoicly as he can, considering how uncomfortable they make him

    He grabs a seat somewhere a little less busy to help Saito

    [D2 analyis roll
    1st roll = 12
    2nd = 9

    just 1 success]
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  18. DrunkCorsair

    DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    205
    Likes Received:
    268
    "Or let us talk over nice hot cup noodles. That driving got me hungry." Konrad throws into the conversation.
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  19. stevenart74

    stevenart74 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2018
    Messages:
    883
    Likes Received:
    982
    Amyah was a little suspicious of the insistence about which the Imperial Security Paramedic wanted to check on the Team wounds and bruises; it was NOT a "Wounded Pride" as being criticized as Fireteam Medic efficiengoce es, but rather a waryness about the rumored techniques of Surveillance employed by the State-Empire. . .

    . . . . .

    Honestly, could NOT fault them to consider the Squad a "Rabble Rousing Warband". . .!!

    Whenever they went there were Fresh Corpses, Firefights with Proscribed Weaponry, Discovery of Illegal Issues and so on. . .!!

    She did not believe Agent Lan and Her cronies suspected them to be "Incredibly Crafty Schemers" but rather "Catalyzing Agents of Chaos" that primed and ignited the detonators on yet volatile situations. . .

    . . . . .

    Imperials could be wondering to tag them with Chemical Tracers, Pheromone Scent-Markers or plain old Analogic Bugs untraceable by Digital Quantronic means. . .

    So, faking to be worried about the Health of Her comrades, citing nebulous "Weird Armor Piercing Shotgun Shells" or "Modified Assault Pistol Rounds" as the source of the damage of the squadmates, She "Helpfully" approached the Imperial Medic to provide "Firsthand Perspective" of the prior engagement to "Help nailing down better the Firefight Consequences". . .

    To have an even better distraction material, She offered to show some footage of the battle in the cramped environment of the Van as edited from Her own Comlog Visual Perspective. . .

    . . . . .

    [Solodice

    Amyah would check if the I.S.S. Paramedic is JUST checking wounds or appears to be doing something else. . .

    Could I employ My rather good Medical Skill to the task to survey the operation. . . . . .???

    Let Me know and I will Roll accordingly. . .!!]
     
  20. Daemon of Razgriz

    Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2018
    Messages:
    172
    Likes Received:
    198
    Saito picks up the repeater and and makes sure to reset the study to how it was.

    Checking to make sure the coast outside the room is clear. Saito exits the study, still carrying the repeater and begins to head to another part of the house.
     
    stevenart74 likes this.