1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

Infinity PbP - Sunz Never Rest

Discussion in 'RPG' started by Solodice, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Daemon of Razgriz

Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

Walking in looking a little flustered like he was rushing. Saito takes a moment to compose himself. For appearances sake.

"Yep, Kenji. IT. Was in the area. They rushed me down. So the server's gone haywire?" The receptionist nods. Kenji walks up to reception hands over a fake alias pass. (One of Saito's many. I mean, even Saito could be an alias.)
    "Ok, where's the server room? Oh and I was rushed over here. You're going to have to give me admin privileges." The receptionist nods again as she hands Kenji a folded piece of paper with the admin access codes on it.

"Right, thanks. I'll see what the problem is in a bit." "The problem," says the receptionist. "Is that the node shut down. We can't get into our files. Please, we need our servers back up. It's a busy week."

Being led into the server room and shown to a computer, the receptionist says. "I've got to get some paperwork done the ancient way. Please let me know if you need anything."

Once the receptionist is out of the room. And checking to make sure no camera's are screening him. Saito as Kenji turns on the computer and inputs the admin password to get into the system. Then it's a simple matter to send the access link through the repeater to Impi for him to implant Saito's cover identity. And possibly a back door incase of emergency. @sonicReducer Impi. Just got you access to the admin node. We don't have long. Insert my cover identity and any back doors, malware, spyware that you want. Then restart the admin node or talk me through it. Try to make things look natural.

Checking his comlog for the time. Saito waits on Impi.

Section9, stevenart74 and Solodice like this.
  2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

[ and that, kids, is how you meat-hack your way into admin access credentials :smiling_imp: hacking the now-very-frazzled front desk! ]

stevenart74 likes this.
  3. Solodice

Solodice Newly Minted Troll

M&Q Community Services Branch

One hacker said he got away with more in a day by talking to someone then he did actually hacking. Saito still proves that social engineering is a vital key to gaining access to areas or services that even hackers have a hard time getting to.

[Impi now has admin access. Meaning he can go anywhere in the network with no checks and can change anything.]

Saito's job was partly done. Impi could handle bringing the admin node back online off site. Now he just had to make his way to the locker room to grab a uniform. Looking the map back up he needs to cross the whole building to get there from the inside (going from area 6 to 3). That or he could cut through the drone repair/storage (area 2) and not walk through the middle of the office.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Park

Bo Ryan avoids the staring glaze of Eddie and the whole SUV lulls into an awkward silence.

That's broken when Eddie gets a message from Agent Lan: [Busy getting info from Tai Ling at the moment. Your financial records request has been bumped up to a judge. Should has a response in the next 30 minutes. As far as Imperial ties the ISS know a good amount of their dealings. We have not tracked anything going to the HSGP or any groups here on Sabai Island.]

#263 Solodice, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  4. Section9

[ ma fan ni le [ thank you/sorry for the trouble ], Agent Lan-daren! That takes a great load off my mind, and reduces the suspect pool significantly. Hopefully the financials willl back up his story. I will call you again in half an hour if I haven't heard back from you yet. Thank you again! ]

Eddie takes a deep breath and deliberately shifts back into a much calmer expression and tone of voice. Almost friendly, Eddie is definitely playing the Good Cop here, though that last verbal landmine showed that he's perfectly willing to play Bad Cop, Worse Cop (:smiling_imp:).

"All right, Mister Ryan. You say that all your income has come to you legally, even though you acknowledge that rigging the races is not legal. I know His Excellency Emre Tulki throws a lot of money around gambling on the races. I don't even want to think about what the fifth largest Silk Lord would do to someone messing with his races, but it wouldn't be pretty. In fact, it'd probably turn into the kind of thing they tell naughty children, 'if you're bad, what happened to Bo Ryan will happen to you!' I sure a hell wouldn't want to be on his bad side."

Eddie waits for the impact of that thought to hit Bo Ryan before continuing.

"So it would really be better to keep talking to me. His Excellency is not in the habit of killing the messenger, so you should be relatively safe if you give me the names of the people who wanted the races fixed."

stevenart74 likes this.
  5. Section9

"In fact, Mister Ryan, I should probably tell you that someone is cleaning up the betting on fixed races. Does the name Timmy DeLassi ring a bell?" Eddie watches Ryan's face closely [ 2 and 13 on the Awareness roll, only one success ], but carries on with his thought. "He was found Really Dead this morning, shot through the Cube with a knockoff Viral Round. Someone wanted him very, very out of the picture."

"How about the name Tai Ling?" [ Better, 6 and 9 on the Awareness, two successes ] "When I showed up to talk to him about some bets, a couple Bousouzoku tried to kill him. The Imperial Service" [ bugger, 13 and 16, no successes ] "is investigating both of those events, after I explained why I showed up at both scenes. Congratulations, Mister Ryan, the betting operation on your fixed races now have The Dragon's Attention." Were we outside, you could probably hear those last three capital letters on the far side of the island, despite the quiet tone of voice used to speak them.

"Obviously, this means I can't break you too much, I'm not on contract with the Imperial Service as an investigator. I would imagine, however, that they are going to be less than pleased about this situation. If you're lucky, they will only make an example out of you. I don't think fixing races will get you turned into a zombie, but that really depends on how much money the Imperial Dynasties have lost. I mean, I throw around 10k-skendar bets like they're nothing. How much money do you think one of the Dragons would consider 'nothing'? 100k? A million? More? I understand they hold grudges around here until they die of old age, and then have them stuffed and mounted on the wall as a trophy."

"I will do my best to keep you alive, at least until the Imperial Service shows up. Then, as a mostly law-abiding individual, I would really have to give you to them. But anyone else trying to cause you harm will have to go through me to do so." Eddie gives a 'grin' that shows way too many teeth to call a smile. Especially those fangs of his.

"Sure you don't want to talk to me?"

stevenart74 and sonicReducer like this.
  6. Solodice

The Park

"Sounds like this Emre Tulki will need to bring up his complaints to my bosses. As I said I'm just doing what I'm told to do. It's not my plan. I'm just a gear in the bigger machine if you get my drift." He says nonplussed.

Bo listens to the story Eddie tells him.

His reactions are genuine with a bit of confusion thrown in, "Those names don't ring any bells. Sounds like they pissed someone off that they shouldn't have. Imperial Service you say? At least then I get my bloody lawyer compared to whatever this is. And I'm talking aren't I. I've given you information."

[No need for any social rolls here. You can keep trying to crack Bo or we can move over to the meeting with Chao.]

7. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Still unsure if Bo Ryan had "Balls of Steel" OR "a Brain of Jell-O" (or both) then Amyah let put away the Hypodermic Syringe, to be eventually reyrieved when needed, and keeping the curved Haqqislamite Battleknife in the far-off hand, should "Mr. Panoceanian Cockyness" attempt something stupid. . .

A little bored, but still attentive, She then instructed her Geist to plan a speedy course FROM their actual position AND the supposed Drop Point of the perp to I.S.S. Agents AND the meeting location of Mr. Chao TO the walled compound where their "Resident Ninja" was busy investigating. . .

The innate stealthy insertion skillset of Saito, with the "Remote Support" of Impi, SHOULD have been ENOUGH to solve ANY issues. . . . .BUT "Better Safe Than Sorry" as a old Desert Wisdom Adage said. . .

Should a prompt rescue and quick getaway route will be needed is best for it to be planned beforehand. . . . .!!!

8. Section9

[ OK, well, we have a partial answer for our client. Yes, the races are explicitly being rigged. Slugging this up to corporate, and with a request for how much farther we need to dig, answer needed within a couple hours of *now*. ] Eddie slugs a massive chunk of data outsystem with everything he's found so far including Ryan's confessions, hopefully he will have an answer back before he feeds Bo Ryan to the nice folks at Mister Chao's, or the less-nice folks in the Imperial Service.

stevenart74 likes this.
  9. DrunkCorsair

DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

[Eddi, maybe you should remind him that he will be held responsible for the rigged races in the media and everywhere else and i doubt his bosses will show much loyality twoards him. He will be a disposible asset to them where he will be left with his balls out of the airlock. Especially if they find out that he was discovered by some privat investigators without any backup. He will make them look bad, so the wont have any issues to cut anything to him.]

stevenart74 likes this.
  10. sonicReducer

sonicReducer Well-Known Member

Impi keeps one eye on Eddie and Amyaah crowded around Ryan, Konrad cool and nonplussed beside them. Making sure to record as much as he can (but under a good few layers of encryption).

[Saito, node is back up. It's a sweet little backyard playground now. I've added a few flourishes here and there to be make things easier for us in the future should be ever need to pay another visit. I'll start grabbing directory lists and so forth and keep an eye out for anything interesting as well as a floorplan for you.

That was some nice meat hacking by the way, well played.

I'll blurt you a recording of what's going on over here via the tacnet. Get some popcorn]

stevenart74 likes this.
  11. Daemon of Razgriz

Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

Getting the report from Impi, followed by confirmation as the system came back to life. Saito stands up, and closes everything down all proper.

Thanks Impi. I'll pick up the repeater on my way out. Could use it over at the compound later. You need anything from here, do it before i leave.

As Saito heads out the door of the server room. He hears audible sighs of relief coming from the office spaces. Just as he makes his way back out to the front desk, the receptionist comes out from behind her desk and shakes his hand wholeheartedly. "Thank you so much. That was quick. What was the cause.?"

"Improper information chain caused a feedback loop of information similar to a DDOS. Thankfully, a quick restart and a scrub of the affected pathway cleared everything up. May i trouble you to show me to the rest rooms? I kind of need to go."

Oh, sure no problem. Their connected to the change rooms. Please, follow me."

As the receptionist guides Saito through the office to the change rooms, she says. "In here, just let me know when you're done so we can sign off before you go."

Nodding, Saito enters the locker room heading towards the restroom. Making a quick mental note of the layout, he notices one employee in the midst of getting into uniform near a pile of clean, crisp technician uniforms. Saito slows down to fully take in the whole layout of the locker room incase more employees decide to come in. Heading into the toilet cubicle, Saito pause for a few min until he hears a locker door shut, followed by the sounds of a door closing. Exiting the restroom, Saito is alone in the room. He then hurries over and per ruses the sizes until he finds a size that fits him. Double and triple checking that the uniform fits him and that every piece is there. He carefully folds and puts them into his bag so that he can exfiltrate.

Double checking that he's left nothing out of place and that the coast is clear. Saito makes his way back out of the locker room, back to reception, where the receptionist flashes him a genuine smile and a device for his signature. Completing it. Saito shakes the lady's hand and bids her a fare well. Coming out to the front and heading over to his car. Saito, dumps the bag into the car a starts it. Then he pulls out and makes a brief stop to pick up his repeater, keeping it concealed and turned off and places it in the car. Saito then drives off back to his hotel for a few hours of sleep before the night's mission commences.

Solodice and stevenart74 like this.
  12. Solodice

Piranha Market

The clock was inching closer to 9 and the team decides its time to head out to the meet with Chao. On the drive over the team gets a few of their requests answered.

Agent Lan: [Hello Mr. Lawrence. This is Agent Lan's geist Tomo. Attached is Bo Ryan's financials. Agent Lan has already has me peruse the records for any anomalies. There doesn't appear to be any from my search as Bo Ryan sole source of income is from the HSGP. Outside of income Mr. Ryan has very expensive tastes but there is nothing to indicate he's living outside his means from the HSGP. He is handsomely rewarded by his bosses it seems. Oh, and a message from Lan: Bo Ryan has been reported as missing along side some HSGP property by the local authorities. Security camera footage shows a Black SUV and Bo Ryan being taken from his trailer. If you know about his or that properties whereabouts I suggest you contact me immediately.]

As the team arrives at the store the SDA messages back.

Sunz Detective Agency: [Good work, detectives. Your information has been stored for safe keeping and relevant info has been passed onto the client. New directives: Gather as much evidence about the rigging as possible (who's involved, methods, etc.) before the race. You are free to use whatever collection methods you deem suitable. However, if you do cross some lines and are taken into custody there is only so much we can do. So tread carefully.]

The team parks outside the store. The inside is dark but the front door is unlocked and a light is coming from the back room door. There are no guards like before though.

Gated Community

Saito catches a few winks of sleep before he gathers his gear and makes for the gated community. He has also received the new directives from SDA. This Triad or the stuff at this house might have the answers the team needs before the race.

stevenart74 likes this.
  13. Section9

"OK, Mister Ryan, we're going to have you talk to some people who are going to be very upset with your bosses in HSGP for fixing the races, and are going to want you to name names. I will do my best to protect you from harm from them. For your sake, don't try to run. You cannot outrun someone with my mods, and it's very hard to pull punches at those speeds. This means you are very likely to be hurt pretty severely. I'm talking broken bones and internal organ damage, pissing blood for a week even with repair nanos." Eddie's voice is back to the flat, projecting tone he used when Bo first woke up.

"Nathan, please carry the safe and computer. Chi Lin, we should probably do a little magic on the local cameras before we step out, just in case."

stevenart74 likes this.
  14. stevenart74

[Tactical Encrypted Team Comms. . .

Roger to that Eddie! At the moment, as I'm changed now in the Medium Infantry Special Forces Uniform of My Desert Ops heyday, I think that I will stay there in the Van. . .

Don't think You'll need a Miniskirted "Fake Odalisque" Arm-Candy down there; I'm far more useful outside, ready for anything. . .!!

I will be able to drive it good enough, especially with the Geist-Downloaded apps; as You said the Local Cops received a tip to search for our Vehicle by the "Owners" of Mr. Ball-Of-Steel-Jello-Brain there. . .

Should the need arise I could drive them on a merry chase around the Island. . .

Should they manage to corner Me with a Roadblock, I'm a "Bonded Licensed Bodyguard" able to carry OUR stuff for Executive Protection THAT IS NONE THE BUSINESS of the crooked "Glorified Mall Cops" of the island. . . . .and there will be INSIDE nothing of their research warrant, nor "Panokko Biznezzman" there and neither the Computer so suspiciously detailed in their search. . .!!

. . . . .

More importantly, if INSIDE Mr. Chao home base there are unforeseen risks or problems I could charge at speedy rescue, either by Feet or by Van, and should the need arise lay down cover fire with either My Sniper A.K. or the borrowed Boarding Shotgun of Konrad. . .

In the meantime, anyone feel free to have lend My Assault Pistol or the Light Shotgun, easy to hide, carry and employ SHOULD a Indoor Firefight happen. . .!!

. . . . .

By the way, Handsome Team Leader, from the "Tone" of our I.S.S. Pals it SEEMED to Me that BOTH Mr. Ryan-The-Gumptious and His "Fake Chips Machine" are to be considered, by the "Jade Dragon Guards", important matters of Yujing State-Security. . .

Be careful with WHAT and WHOM You will need to leave in Mr. Chao tender mercies. . . . .!!!]

#274 stevenart74, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  15. DrunkCorsair

DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

[I smell something went bad here. Noone doing illegal business leaves their doors without guards of any sort. We should go in prepared but trying to look friendly.
    Miss Amayah could you try to use your sensor suit from here to track blood, gun powder or other evidence of something gone bad? Would be nice to know something before entering the rabbit hole.]

[Goin to grab the trusty shotgun and load it with stun ammo before we leave the van. @Section9 you mixed up the charaters Nathan is the hacker and i am Chi Lin the driver / technican and cant do much with the computers.]

stevenart74 likes this.
  16. Section9

[ Guards were indoors when we arrived earlier today, and having a couple guards outside a theoretically-law-abiding store when no other stores in the strip have guards is a bit too obvious. Remember, the Triads got too obvious and smacked down by the Imperial Service. Hard. Subtle is good for business. ]

[ We need to make sure that none of the traffic cams see us delivering Mister Ryan to Chao's. ]

stevenart74 likes this.
  17. Solodice

[GM Note: Betting is not illegal in Yu Jing. Guards are mainly kept around because of pissed of betters or warding off criminals.]

stevenart74 likes this.
  18. stevenart74

[As far as Amyah brand of Advanced Sensor Suite rules work, it grants Awareness and Analysis Bonus to ALL squadmates in Near Proximity, so EVERYONE of the Team that is in the Van could employ it to enhance their Own Rolls. . .

Basic Bonus is a Free Bonus Momentum Dice that could be used ONLY for "Sensors" Rolls; could ALSO narrow down a more focused "Wavelenght" of Visible / Invisible light spectrum, Sonic Vibrations, Radio Energy or similar "High Science Scanning". . .

Have to re-check thorougly the Basic Manual Rules again, but ANYONE could do an enhanced Roll in the meantime !!]

19. Solodice

Piranha Market

[Momentum: 8. Heat: 12]

@DrunkCorsair and @stevenart74 [Give me a D3 Awareness roll. You'll have 3 dice without spending momentum thanks to Amyah's sensor suite.]

Chi Lin retrieves the computer and the lock box while Eddie prepares to move Bo when given the all clear.

Impi tries to locate any cameras looking in their general direction.

@sonicReducer [Give me a D2 Analysis roll.]

Gated Community

Saito had already dressed himself in the M&Q Maintenance coveralls with the rest of his gear neatly tucked away in a tool bag. He already had Impi deliver a false signal from some of the drones. He then had himself assigned to come and check up on the drones. Nobody at M&Q knew about this but the communities security detail got a heads up from Impi, acting as an M&Q manager, that a technician was being dispatched.

All he had to do now was play it cool and act like he belonged.

His car rolls up to the front guard house of the community. A security guard leans out of his window as Saito rolls down his.

"Little late for a maintenance check isn't it?" The guard says.

"M&Q provides 26 hour service making sure our drones are ready to go whenever the community needs them." Saito spits out as he presents his fake ID badge.

The guard checks his list, "Haven't seen you before. I always see Ho or Song."

"I'm the one that's on call for non-hours this week and this isn't my usual beat. I serve the communities down by South Side."

"Gotcha. Well, have a nice day... night." The guard says opening the gate for Saito.

He was in.

Keeping with his cover he parks at the M&Q drone shack, disappears inside, slips into his
    chameleonwear cloths, and exits out the rear door with his gear. He then weaves his way through the security blind spots around the community until he was looking at his target. The Triad's house.

#279 Solodice, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    stevenart74 likes this.
  20. sonicReducer

sonicReducer Well-Known Member

[I'll do a quick ping towards Chao's building, see if I can pick up any cameras or similar. Looks pretty quiet.]

D2 Analyis:
    1st roll = 6
    2nd = 1

2 successes

EDIT: adding add Momentum dice mentioned by Section9

Roll = 2

so 3 successes in all

#280 sonicReducer, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    stevenart74 likes this.