1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

Infinity PbP - Emerald Sunz

Discussion in 'RPG' started by Solodice, Dec 14, 2019.

  1. Golem2God

    Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    2,737
    Likes Received:
    1,925
    Kenn-Taal: "Uh huh...mmhmm...I see." Kenn grabs the skeleton's head and jerks it on it's side to check the back of the skull. And perhaps look inside the skull as well. "These remains are devoid of life." He raises his head and looks around. "No laughter? So much for lightening the mood." Handling the skull with as much grace as a hungry hippo munching up golf balls, Kenn-Taal managed to get a peak inside the hollow emptiness of the cranium. "Judging by the evidence & state of what is left, they seemed to have removed the cube. Perhaps around the time of death?" The Kumotail sighed. "Uncaring bastards. Had to make my job harder." Then he realized he was standing near Ric. "Our jobs..our. I'm so used to being..uh..working alone that a group mindset doesn't come naturally to me."
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  2. inane.imp

    inane.imp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2018
    Messages:
    4,751
    Likes Received:
    5,680
    Ric ignores the Tohaa's chatter, only paying attention to the fact that the Cube had been removed. Likely it was in the same place with the others. Instead he gets on with the task at hand.

    [Mulebot's brain Techtest (TN11, FOC1): 2#1d20 1 3

    FakeEdit: I forgot I'd already included the Parts in original roll, so I rolled them again. As I was writing this up I remembered. Which is why the "Derp, forgot Parts (TN11, FOC1)" roll happened. I just discarded that result as a mistake.

    3 Successes + 1 bonus Momentum (from Ric's Powered Multitool).

    Not entirely certain who out of Konrad and Ric get the spare Momentum there? I think Konrad gets it all.]

    Ric carefully inspects the quantronic brain of the Mulebot while Konrad works separately. He carefully replaces some burnt out wires, soldering them into place with his Multitool, and then replaces the brain to fire up the Mulebot.

    Hacking using Waremart's 2 Momentum (TN13, FOC1): 4#1d20 5 4 11 11

    Hacking (TN10 FOC1): 1d20 14
    Tricks of the trade reroll: 1d20 1

    6 Successes. I spend one Momentum to improve the Quality of the success to get more complete access to the Mulebot's nav suite, to see if it had been told where it was going. 2 Momentum is banked by Ric]

    Ric codes a rapid script to start the LAI up in maintenance mode. He isolates the navigation sub-processors from potentially corrupt processors so that he can check what instructions it had received about the Science teams route from that point onwards. To help him do this he pulls some help files and instructions from Warebot's storage. Gabo gives the code a rapid once over: the speed Ric was working at meant that bugs were inevitable, and Gabo catches a few with his check. Ric commits the code and executes the Mulebot's start up sequence. There's a moments silence and then the upbeat electronic beeps of Mototronica's start sequence interrupt the normal jungle sounds.
     
    #142 inane.imp, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Solodice, Golem2God and stevenart74 like this.
  3. Solodice

    Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    450
    Likes Received:
    857
    [Momentum generated for assist rolls goes to the lead.]
     
    stevenart74 and inane.imp like this.
  4. Solodice

    Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    450
    Likes Received:
    857
    Momentum:

    Konrad: 6 (max)
    Kenn: 3
    Ric: 2
    Saito: 2
    Atl: 2
    Eddie: 2
    Igor: 1
    Pappy: 1
    Waremart: 0
    Xo: 0

    Heat: 13

    "Well if there was a creator he decided after his big bang to run down to the corner store for some smokes and never come back. Reminds me of a few people I know." Eddie said offhandedly.

    [Konrad's complication will be turned into heat.]

    Now this was more like it for Konrad. No bugs trying to kill you, no Morats trying to kill you, no damn jungle trying to kill you. Just him and a broken down remote. The power source was still viable but the connections weren't. So with a few bypasses, new connections, and good ol' wack from the multitool and the cranial case was operational. Ric stepped in and got the software and LAI stable enough to where he could get info from it.

    Mulebot ADY-3907: Boot sequence complete. LAI stability: 82%. Last known date of operation: 64 NC.
    Mulebot ADY-3907: Nav suite access granted.

    The Mulebot's nav suite shows the path it took to get here. The predictive pathing on the other hand showed 2 routes. One was going towards Zawacka and the other to Runenberg. Bring up audio files there was an argument between the team about where they were going. Pedro, the guide, said to go to Runenberg. It was farther but who knew how many Combined Army units were between them and Zawacka. Jasem, the lead Haqqislamite doctor, agreed with Pedro. The rest wanted to try to go to Zawacka. The audio gets to garbled and far away for Ric to hear which way they decided on.

    [Anyone can give me a Intelligence + Command D2 roll to see who won out in that conversation.]

    @Daemon of Razgriz [Give me an Observation D3.]
     
  5. DrunkCorsair

    DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    263
    Likes Received:
    391
    Tried to listen to the conversation but failed
    Intelligence + Command: 2d20 23 [2d20=5, 18]

    Konrad tries to listen to the conversation, but deep in in this green hell he cant concentrate enough and misses half the conversation.
     
    stevenart74 and inane.imp like this.
  6. inane.imp

    inane.imp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2018
    Messages:
    4,751
    Likes Received:
    5,680
    DrunkCorsair and stevenart74 like this.
  7. Daemon of Razgriz

    Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2018
    Messages:
    216
    Likes Received:
    276
    Observation D3. TN 11. Burning 1 momentum. Roll is 10, 11, 13. Two successes. Close.

    Intelligence+ Command roll.(Not sure how i combine this roll for it's TN. So i'll just roll.) Roll is 2,9. ????


    Saito was feeling a bit off this morning. Not sure why, maybe the rations weren't sitting well with him. Either way, he was in his own head for this time.
     
    DrunkCorsair and stevenart74 like this.
  8. Solodice

    Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    450
    Likes Received:
    857
    [Another complication from Konrad I'll turn into heat.]

    Momentum:

    Konrad: 6 (max)
    Saito: 4
    Kenn: 3
    Atl: 2
    Eddie: 2
    Igor: 1
    Pappy: 1
    Waremart: 0
    Xo: 0
    Ric: 0

    Heat: 15

    Saito took a stab at the audio and interpreting which direction they would of gone. It was more Saito's own personal experiences with orders, dealing with those in charge, and also leading himself that gave him some insight. To him Pedro and Jasem were the leaders of the expedition. Not to much of a surprise one being the wilderness guide and other the research team lead. However, the way they carried themselves in this moment of uncertainty meant those that weren't would listen to them. Runenberg was the only choice they were going with.

    Then Xo's sensors caught Saito's attention. The data they presented painted a picture of six bipeds and one quadruped moving quickly towards them in a Y-formation (4 spread out along the fork and then 2 on the stem with the quadruped bringing up the rear). That was a Morat hunting formation. Then there was the hiss of hydraulics from every step. Rodoks. The quadruped most definitely being a remote.

    There were no Rodoks or remotes in the platoon that landed yesterday. This must be a new squad from a different platoon in the area.

    They were going to be on the team in less then two minutes. No time to run this time.

    [This is a rolled random encounter.]
     
    #148 Solodice, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  9. inane.imp

    inane.imp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2018
    Messages:
    4,751
    Likes Received:
    5,680
    "Frak!", Ric immediate verbal response is largely muffled by his enclosed helm.

    @All: CONTACT! Hit them hard then pull back into cover. Xo, flank left.

    Gabo immediately starts integrating the information from Xo's sensor feeds into Ric's Tactical AR overlay, assisting him to pick out the hostiles in the jungle.

    Ric grabs his weapon and comes up on aim, peering into the jungle ahead of him.
    He stays on his feet, seeking better concealment but prioritising getting eyes on the lead elements of the Rodok patrol so that he can coordinate the team's response.

    Seeing nothing through the thick foliage, he accesses the Quantronic and launches an attack against the nearest system not belonging to his team.


    Xo sends an electronic acknowledgement of Ric's order, and immediately moves off to the left away from the team. Staying in the thicket, Xo sets up where it has good lines of fire across the slop the trail elements of the Rodok patrol are still descending. It prepares to open up on the hostile REM and potentially the rest of the troops descending the hill as well.

    Lacking other guidance, Atl moves in front of Ric to engage the advancing Rodocks with it's HSG.

     
    #149 inane.imp, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    DrunkCorsair and stevenart74 like this.
  10. Golem2God

    Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    2,737
    Likes Received:
    1,925
    Kenn-Taal: "Murder Monkey in the bushes!!" Kenn manages to spot a Rodok through the dense thicket near their position.
    He wouldn't be firing upon the enemy unless he absolutely had to. Stay back and focus would be the strategy of the day. To be ready in case his medical skills were needed in the ensuing firefight.
     
    DrunkCorsair and stevenart74 like this.
  11. inane.imp

    inane.imp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2018
    Messages:
    4,751
    Likes Received:
    5,680
    Ric's Quantronic Attack hits home, successfully inserting some cutting in edge code into the lead Rodok's network.

    The target's outline flickers and then comes into view as its Camouflage routines crash.

    This and the cry from Konn is enough for Atl to get a bead on the lead Rodok. His Shotgun blasts out, and there's a bellow from deeper in the green. The lead Rodok though appears to shrug off the blast, keeping it's feet.
     
    #151 inane.imp, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  12. Daemon of Razgriz

    Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2018
    Messages:
    216
    Likes Received:
    276
    The moment Saito sensed the incoming danger, he let out a warning followed by activating his TO camo. Dropping and rolling to the side. Saito began a half crouch run to get the the flank of the perceived incoming threat vector. Getting into the foliage to the team's NW just as Ric and the remotes lit up the first two Morats on the battle HUD of Saito's helmet suite. This gave him a better idea of the exact pattern the enemy would have.

    Watch the potential friendly fire out there gentlemen. I'm going to go around the flank and hit the rear elements. I must give my new toy a go. I'll light up the other hostiles when i see them.
     
  13. Solodice

    Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    450
    Likes Received:
    857
    Through a small sliver in the tree thicket Eddie could see towards the hill to their north. There he caught the unmistakable silhouette of a Rodok totting an HMG.

    @All. One of the Rodoks on all the hill is sporting an HMG. Tagging him now.

    His attention quickly turned to the one Kenn called out. His outline coming through crystal clear on the tacnet. The foliage wouldn't save him now.

    The Uberfallkommando gingerly walked through the thicket drawing his sword. He was like a an ambush predator coming up to its prey. Slow, exact movements, no wasted energy. Then he pounced.

    The sword thrust forward first with him following behind adding is momentum to the stab. It hit home hard catching the Rodok in the left flank. The Morat grunted in response but held his ground as Eddie drew his bloodied sword back towards him. The two locked eyes. Only the toughest and quickest son of a bitch was going to come out of this alive. Eddie planned on being the winner.

    Waremart's fight or flight protocols kicked in. It choose flight. The Mulebot tried to tag a target but it just tagged a tree and it scurried away from the fight to the safety of some overgrown roots of a massive tree to the teams south west.
     
  14. inane.imp

    inane.imp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2018
    Messages:
    4,751
    Likes Received:
    5,680
    Xototl (Tysklon)

    Graphics displayed in the tacnet show Xo acquiring the Rodok HMG and immediately engaging it. The loud staccato roar of a Spitfire echoes through the jungle trees. The hostile symbology in everyone's AR overlays greys out, accompanied by the words "Xolotl killed Rodok HMG".

    One of the enemy Rodoks advances on Xo', closing into range for a quantronic attack. Xo's networked, hardened by long experience with Nomad hacking techniques, rebuffs the attack disrupting it and Xo inserts a minor memetic package into the Rodok's AR overlay.

    One does not simply meme.jpg

    That Rodok Hacker reacts quickly. A freshly placed Mine explodes and a sheet of flame bursts out towards Xo. Who leaps to a nearby tree and then nimbly scuttles up it as the jungle at ground level bursts into flame. Both it and the Rodok take their dual to the trees; Xo' racing across the branches to take up a firing position amongst the bows of a giant tree. The Spitfire roars again; unfortunately the Rodok ducks away.

    Ric and Atlahua (Lunokhod)

    Meanwhile, with the main group Atl and Ric faced the Rodok's response with the majority of the team. Unsurprisingly, the Rodoks had followed their aggressive doctrine and attacked into the ambush.

    The hostile REM opens up on Ric, and bright plasma blasts through the jungle. Seizing his opportunity Ric, returns fire. Several of his rounds tear through the Q-Drone, doing significant damage. But for his trouble Ric takes a blast of plasma to his side. He cries out in pain and is knocked from his feet.

    Atl, meanwhile, dodges clear: straight into the path of a Rodok's shotgun blast. Luckily the flechette's largely bounce off its armour. There's another louder blast as Atl responds with his HSG. The first Rodok drops, and the second is caught by the blast as it leaps into the air. Atl, pursues: climbing, spiderlike, up the nearest tree. If fires his HSG for the third time, hitting again, and the third Rodok drops to the ground. Two more hostile symbols fade to grey in AR.

    Gabo flashes a warning in Ric's AR overlay, @All: +5 Hostiles approaching!

    'Frak!'

    Assisted by Gabo fusing the team's sensor feeds, Ric makes out the indistinct signs of movement in the distance.

    Ric rolls away towards the grave he'd just dug, dropping over the lip to huddle on the floor of the makeshift foxhole. He needed a couple of seconds to assess the situation and to deal with his wound. His armour had largely held up, but underneath he could feel blood and burnt flesh as his side stuck to his clothes. Pain shoots through his side whenever he moves.

    The impact of hitting the bottom of the grave, jars him 'Aaargh!', he screams.

    Gritting his teeth, he taps his tooth to activate his comm.

    @All: Konrad, shake it off buddy, we need a... a... grenade to the south. Hostile. Fireteam. Aargh, frak. Kenn, cover. Konrad. And someone frakking kill... that frakking REM. Watch. Ugh. Out for return fire.

    While Ric is talking, Gabo passes Ric's visual information as a position to Konrad's Tacnet; and the Q-Drone gets flagged as a priority target.
     
    #154 inane.imp, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  15. DrunkCorsair

    DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    263
    Likes Received:
    391
    An ols saying comes to Konrads mind, It never rains it only pours. Never stayed much on a planet he now understands the meaning of this.
    As the Team is surprised with a team of human enemies and Kenn Tals burst in the Tacnet Konrad losses it again.
    Shooting a full clip in the direction he suspects an enemy he hears that something hit home and fell to the ground of the jungle.

    His luck didnt hold up, as someone of the enemies spottet him and returned fire. This one got even more lucky and hit Konrad in thea head, at least this new combat armour came with a helmet for a bit of protection.

    His head starts ringing from the bullets hitting him and just after this comes Ric warning about another team of murder monkeys attacking them.

    A thought starts to form in Konradds mind.
    Not here. Not today. Not in this fracking dirtside jungle full of anoying critters.
    If i die it will with his hand holding the warm and soft breast of a cat girl while fed with some delicous noodles.

    As soon as this thought comes to his mind he starts acting like seen on Maya in the Myrmidon wars.

    He notices the fire team on the Tacnet with the help of Ric and fires a Grenade into the mid of them.
    But as this wasnt enough he turns and fires at the Combined Army remote shredding it in a hail of bullets.

    After the sound of the grenade explosion is silent there is a new baatlecry born on the soil of this jungle:
    "For Catgirls and Lo Pans Noodles!"

    Yes, without doubt something had hit Konrads head.
     
    #155 DrunkCorsair, Apr 11, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  16. Solodice

    Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    450
    Likes Received:
    857
    The Rodok responded back at Eddie with a growl and unsheathed its knife in a wide arc that catches Eddie in the chest. The blade nicked him drawing some blood. It didn't hurt but it pissed him off for being too slow to react.

    In response Eddie swung his sword in an upward arc. The Rodok like him was too slow but unfortunately for the Rodok the Uberfallkommando put some power behind this strike. The blade rips up from the abdomen and cuts it way to the neck. Eddie is rewarded with a spray of blood across his face and the Rodok standing upright for a second as blood leaks out from him and then collapsed to the jungle floor.

    Fred quickly fills him in on the action that went on around him as he was too focused on the Rodok within sword distance of him for the past few second. The team had severely crippled the Rodoks and only one of them was left but now more Morats showed up. It wasn't good either as these Morats were Suryats. Fucking heavy infantry with an attitude.

    Right there Eddie decided getting out of their crosshairs was the best idea across Paradiso.

    @All Rodok sparring buddy is dispatched. This bush I found seems comfy enough. Tell me when you need some backup Saito.
     
  17. Golem2God

    Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    2,737
    Likes Received:
    1,925
    Kenn-Taal: "Enemy Fire!! Enemy Fire!! I'm having flashbacks and they are not good!" Kenn's trip down memory lane was thankfully interrupted by a radio call. Apparently Ric was hit during the gunfight and had fallen into the grave he had dug earlier. it was kind of ironic to the Tohaa that the recently dug hole could end up being the Human's own grave. Nope. Not a good idea to think about in a time like this.
    Kenn-Taal: "Well this was bound to happen sooner or lately. Igor?! Time to get into the thick of it. Just like old times. The stuff that nightmares are made of."

    Bursting into gallop like a gangly thoroughbred the Artichoke made a beeline towards Ric who was close nearby. Reaching the foxhole grave that and rolled into the ditch to take cover with his patient. After breathing a couple of seconds Kenn-Taal manages to poke his head out of cover slightly to get a look at where the Suryats are firing from.

    D0 Exploit-Observation Test: Results: 17, 13. Just missed a single success. Well that was a bust.

    After trying to assess where the Murder Monkeys were coming from Kenn turned his focus on Ric who was harboring nasty plasma wounds.

    D1 Medicine Test: Results: 14, 6. Two successes. Pass the test and gain an extra point of momentum. Ric is going to be able to keep going.

    Kenn-Taal: "There there, Human. You're going to be fine. Just fine and dandy as your kind says. Or at least as dandy you can be with a wound like that." Kenn treats Ric's wounds successfully without any complications. The Merc can resume combat like he never took a hit at all.

    Kenn-Taal: "Alright Igor now we can.." It was at this moment that Kenn-Taal realized that he never gave Igor any orders. Even by pheromones. Peaking slightly over the grave's lip he could see Igor sitting in the same spot he had been before Ken made a mad dash to rescue Ric. "Well that is a load of bullvine crap." But then he stopped to think about the situation. "Or is it?"
     
    #157 Golem2God, Apr 13, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  18. Daemon of Razgriz

    Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2018
    Messages:
    216
    Likes Received:
    276
    Saito had done a full flank to surround the incoming fireteam. But he had slightly miscalculated their incoming angle and had flanked too far. It was only when his AR display started to light up with contacts that he realised he had gone too far. Cursing under his breath, he was just about to hit the newly acquired remote in the back when the incoming call came out with additional contacts. Deciding that this would be the bigger priority. Saito went around to hit the new, undisclosed enemies in the back. Taking advantage of the fact that it seemed no one knew he was even in this fight.

    The quick half jog, as he cautiously made his way through the undergrowth to the direction of these newer enemies became frightful when Ric and Konrad gave out signals that they'd been hit. The memories started to come back. That mission....... That mistake. The panic started to overwhelm him when the AR display updated with the contact info for the new enemies. Suryats. Fire appeared. Warning flashes on his team mates positions. The exact positions of the 2 man Suryat team.

    And Saito's mind became clear. The panic, the fear. It left him. He was going to do his job. And he was damn good at his job. He saw he was only a few meters now from the fireteams position. They were using a small rocky outcropping in the jungle to use as cover. They were so close together. He could honestly get them both with one swing. But knew with their armour. That wasn't feasible. A split second was all it needed for the former master ninja to read the terrain, and the movements the monkeys would be in, in a few seconds. Then, Saito knew how he was going to strike.

    "Team. Going in and giving you all some relief."

    The right most morat lifted his left arm to point at where saito's teammates were fighting. In that split second. the jungle shimmered. Then blurred. As the ninja came out of his optical camouflage between the two monkeys. Drawing his katana in the quick draw technique of samurai long dead. Saito drew his blade in an arc, catching the morat in his left armpit. Under the armour, in a weakened area. The blade passed right through the armour and severed the alien's heart in two. Arterial blood spraying everywhere as the morat was almost cut in two.

    Moving his left foot back a touch, Saito reversed the blade. Gripped it in both hands, then did a high, horizontal swing. Taking the left morat's head clean off his shoulders.

    The motion was done in a matter of seconds. And two dead morats stood at his feet. Still spewing blood and starting to roll off the rocks they were standing on. Saito crouched slightly and scanned his immediate surrounding real quick to make sure he wasn't about to get surprised.
     
    #158 Daemon of Razgriz, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    stevenart74, Golem2God and Solodice like this.
  19. Golem2God

    Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    2,737
    Likes Received:
    1,925
    After relaying to the Chaksa a certain signal, Igor made it's way towards where Konrad was currently. Seeing that the remaining enemy units were preoccupied, Kenn-Taal made his way to where he and the Chaksa would meet up. It took only a few seconds for the two to reach Konrad who needed any help he could get in putting out the fire.

    Kenn-Taal: "Igor, I need for you to concentrate. Do you understand me?" Silence as usual. "Wonderful! Now..gently pat the fire with minimal force until it dies. We don't want to hurt the Human while we assist him."

    Both Kenn & Igor begin to gently slap Konrad trying to extinguish the flames or at the very least keep them at a minimum to prevent the man from burning.
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  20. Golem2God

    Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    2,737
    Likes Received:
    1,925
    Assist Tests:
    Kenn-Taal: D1 Education result=17.
    Igor: D1 Athletic result=4.

    Kenn's attempt to help Konrad has failed while Igor's has show signs of working. But the Chaksa still needs to put the fire out.

    Kenn-Taal: "How is this possible?! The nearly brain-dead creature is succeeding where I should easily be?! He must be adsorbing my brain cells neurologically! No that's just stupid. It must be a leftover effect from the Sweats. Ya! That's got to be it! That has to be it! I hope that is it."

    Now Igor attempts a long pass, or as the Catholics call it a Hail Mary, to achieve the incredible. To pass righteous judgment upon the hellfire that is trying to consume this..some-what good man?

    D3 Acrobatic Test: Igor's results=9, 20, 6.

    What started to look like success suddenly failed in a literal fiery fashion. Konrad was still inflamed at the current moment & Kenn was starting to feel the heat. He was the doctor and this alien life was in his appendages. Not to mention he feared what would happen if he couldn't help nor save Konrad and the rest of the alien Humans would turn on him.
     
    stevenart74 likes this.