1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra Política de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

Infinity PbP - Emerald Sunz

Discussion in 'RPG' started by Solodice, Dec 14, 2019.

  1. Daemon of Razgriz

    Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2018
    Messages:
    225
    Likes Received:
    303
    D2 analysis roll. TN 10. Roll is18, 3. One success.
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  2. inane.imp

    inane.imp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2018
    Messages:
    4,816
    Likes Received:
    5,758
    Gabo let's Ric know about the superstitious practices of the Scots. Ric mentally shrugs: each to their own, but if it wasn't proven to work he wasn't interested. Ric puts his trust in multiply-redundant, well maintained systems.

    Talking to Abernathy, Ric removes his helmet and answers the Scot's question:

    "Si. You know, the usual. Someone in command saw something interesting during the last offensive and wanted a pet theory investigated. Personally, I don't think we'll find anything but I don't come up with the missions..." He shrugs, there's really no understanding the proclivities of military commands.
     
    Golem2God and stevenart74 like this.
  3. Golem2God

    Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    2,805
    Likes Received:
    1,979
    Kenn-Taal: "They are going to help us right?" The Tohaa spoke up. "Please don't tell me we have to fight them too." The info about the superstitions of the Scotts did little to comfort Kenn. Would these traditions make them more stalwart in their defense of his personal being or end up causing the Scotts to route in the face of danger? Not every creature could be as courageous & nearly brain dead as a Chaksa Servant. Aliens didn't throw their lives away without some sort of good reasoning int heir minds because they can think. Thinking could be a blessing on in battle depending on who did the said thinking. And Kenn-Taal had become only confidant in his thinking during his short term in his species' army. Humans seemed to fair a little better but nothing to place his full trust in.

    After waiting for a coupled of seconds to collectively think Kenn shot out another question.
    Kenn-Taal: "Are we close? How far do we have to go before we see some sign of dead bodies?"
     
    stevenart74 and inane.imp like this.
  4. Solodice

    Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    462
    Likes Received:
    887
    Momentum:

    Ric: 3
    Eddie: 2
    Igor: 2
    Saito: 2
    Konrad: 2
    Pappy: 2
    Atl: 2
    Waremart: 2
    Kenn: 1
    Xo: 0

    Heat
    : 11

    Eddie took in the info Saito forwarded team about the Caledonians and their superstitions. Some of them might have had a bit of truth to them. The one with the Dawnwart was the one he was most interested. The smoke from the burning weed seemed to cause all insects and fauna to flee the immediate area. He definitely wanted that stuff if it was going to be a better bug repellent then the one in his survival kit.

    When Abernethy started to question the team he was about to speak but Ric jumped in. He just shrugged and went after that magical bug repellent called Dawnwart.

    ++++​
    Abernethy didn't register a response to Ric's proclivity of military commands. He was all business.

    "Who in command wanted this pet theory tested?" He asked Ric.

    Then Kenn's outburst of a question drew a glance from Abernethy and his eyes shot back to his datapad and typed furiously away. "Dead bodies? Recovery job? Not something I call a pet theory to be tested."

    Eddie overhead everything and tried to suppress a smile.

    Eddie@Ric: You started it. You finish it.

    Out on the perimeter Saito moved along with his newly assigned shadow.

    "Conway, Jamie." The Scots Guard answered Saito as mulled over every little detail of the area around their camp.

    It must be part exhaustion and losing that edge of adrenaline but Saito knew he wasn't paying close attention to anything. However, some things were instilled so deep in you from training you could never shake them no matter how tired you were. Saito saw light gleam through the canopy and it was abruptly cut off multiple times.

    Looking up Saito saw at least fifty small animals swinging and racing from tree to tree heading northward.

    Conway looked up as well.

    "Ah, looks like the locals found us," He joked. "They're called Treeracers. Little marsupials. Harmless and incredibly scared of everything."

    It was quite a sight watching the large amount of little animals race through the trees at incredibly high speeds. They barely made a sound save for creaky branches and rustling leafs. It was a sight worth remembering.

    @inane.imp [You can tackle your predicament with Abernethy with a Persuade or Lifestyle D2. Will be a face to face against his Psychology D1 or you could just tell him the truth. Eddie will chip in a momentum if you want to try and lie through it.]

    @All [Give me Discipline D1 checks. If you fail take 3+3d6 (Viscous 2) resolve damage. This is effected by morale soak if you have it. For Ric it's D2 with complication +3. Saito gets to re-roll 1d20 on this thanks to the nature sighting cheering him up. Remotes are unaffected.]
     
    stevenart74, inane.imp and Golem2God like this.
  5. Golem2God

    Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    2,805
    Likes Received:
    1,979
    Kenn-Taal: "Igor.." The Tohaa whispered. "You were supposed t-to turn on my intercom. Not let me vox it to the whole surrounding area!" With that said Kenn went lump. He couldn't believe how this job was turning out.
     
    stevenart74 and inane.imp like this.
  6. inane.imp

    inane.imp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2018
    Messages:
    4,816
    Likes Received:
    5,758
    Ric's frustration with Kenn-taal was almost certainly visible to the Scot. There was never a convenient air-lock when you needed one.

    "investigated not tested. Cube retrieval is the main part of that. That's why the 'choke is here. No idea who in command had the good idea: as far as I can tell, good ideas are fraking contagious and I certainly don't have the juice to find out where they come from. All I know is we got told to play our cards close to our chests." He shrugs with his hands, as if to apologise for not being more forthcoming.

    [@Solodice: since Ric is mostly telling the truth, can we drop the difficulty by -1 in line with the 'Deception Factors' on page 124? :sheepish grin:

    Edit: rolling for the D2 test, using one of my momentum and 1 of Eddy's for assitance. Convincing Abernathy we're good (Lifestyle TN10, Foc 0): 4#1d20 19 7 9 6.
    3 Successes, so 1 Momentum generated.

    And can Gabo do an analyse test to see how hard it'll be to crack open that Datapad? I'm a little curious as to what Abernathy is writing in his report.

    Discipline test, burn 2 Momentum (TN10, FOC0): 4#1d20 12 13 8 7.
    2 Successes]

     
    #126 inane.imp, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  7. Golem2God

    Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    2,805
    Likes Received:
    1,979
    Kenn-Taal: "I'm breathing fine despite my feeble appearance Human." Then he made sure he was on the group's secure connection before he continued. "Unlike the Haqqites that got themselves killed by coming to this place."
     
    stevenart74 and inane.imp like this.
  8. DrunkCorsair

    DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    275
    Likes Received:
    416
    Ok, one Disciplin Test for the Space Pirate:
    Willpower 8 with 1 Exp:
    Disciplin: 2d20 24 [2d20=10, 14]

    Failed:
    Damage: resolve damage: 3d6 14[3d6=6, 6, 2]

    I am not good at this. 2 Effects with vicious 2 adds up to 8 points Damage at least i have 1 Point resolve left.
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  9. Daemon of Razgriz

    Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2018
    Messages:
    225
    Likes Received:
    303
    Discipline D1 test. TN 10. Roll is 13, 20. Re roll 20. Roll is 8. One success.
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  10. inane.imp

    inane.imp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2018
    Messages:
    4,816
    Likes Received:
    5,758
    Ric discusses the overnight defences, including integrating the REMs into it. He also offers that 1 of their team would join the Scot's picquets overnight. Ric will volunteer for the early morning shift.

    Once the conversation with Abernathy is complete, and before it gets too dark, he heads to refill their water with Waremart. If possible getting one of the Scots to go with him. He leaves his helmet off and is wearing his MSV 'shades.

    Once complete he sets up his hammock, tarp and mossiquito net and then goes to sleep. His insipent paranoia not yet getting the better of him.

    Unless Konrad/Kenn tells him that Kon is struggling, Ric will expect to split the watches overnight with Saito, Eddy and Kon. Allowing Kenn to rest up to have a better chance of recovering from the Sweats.

    Water Day 2 (Survival TN12 FOC0): 2#1d20 20 13

    Oh I forgot the extra D20 for the Nav Suite: 1d20 7

    2 Success due Superhuman AWA. 1 complication. I'll bank the Momentum 'til I see what the complication does.
     
    stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  11. DrunkCorsair

    DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    275
    Likes Received:
    416
    So finally a place to rest wher Konrad could try to calm down, but the events of the day had taken a heavy toll on Konrad.
    First his overreaction to the critters on this emerald hell and then those other aliens popping up was just to much for someone growing up on an old asterios mining station far away from that planet.

    As the group and the scots decide to stop Konrad is sweating and his hands are trembling but not for fatigue.
    Hes barely able to make his camp for the night. After discretly observing the other humans around he know somethings going wrong with him.
    How could the other humany be so calm about this? The other alien, for Konrad inscrutable with his alien features, looks exhausted from the sweats but not much concerned either. At least for Konrad.

    While observing others, Ric seems to be the man to go. That Nomad in the team looks to have the most experience with such situations.

    Waiting to catch Ric alone to have a privat chat Konrad aproachs him.

    "Can, can we talk Ric?" Konrad stands there trembling.
    "I cant take it anymore, the greens, the critter, the aliens, i think i can only fuck up."
     
  12. inane.imp

    inane.imp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2018
    Messages:
    4,816
    Likes Received:
    5,758
    As Konrad approaches him, Ric has a momentary fear response. He is not the man to doing this. He steals himself, ultimately the work needed to be done and he was the person it was falling on. Ric pulls Konrad aside and takes a couple of minutes to talk, privately.

    [So, I'm assuming that talking a couple of minutes for the action balances doing it which Konrad is still exposed to the source of his trauma.

    Treat action (Phsyc TN10 FOC0, Untrained) using Infinity point for a 1: 2#1d20 17 14, so 1 Success from the Infinity Point.

    Ric will Treat Konrad's "I'm a fuck-up" Harm]

    "No hermano, you're all good. Those fraking ungo would scare anyone, came from fraking nowhere. And anyway, the Morats didn't get onto us because of that. You weren't the one caught napping in open, neh?

    We seem to be on the right track, so ,s
    i dios quiere, it'll be over soon."

    He chats a little more, regaling Konrad with a story about how during one of his first missions he almost blew the whole op after waking up a Shrike. While it may be true that in space no-one can hear you scream... that doesn't really help when you've got your mic keyed in.

    "You'll be good for tonight, que?"

    Ric makes a mental note to keep an eye on Konrad over the next few days.


     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  13. DrunkCorsair

    DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    275
    Likes Received:
    416
    "Thanks, i think i feel a bit better, but this planet still makes me sick."

    Konrad calms a bit down, and starts to sit down with the little Zondbot.
    After hes finished for the night, that lil fella starts to patrol Konrads bed side armed with an Ariadnan entrenching tool trying to hit every small insect and little critter getting near the place Konradd is sleeping.
     
  14. Golem2God

    Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    2,805
    Likes Received:
    1,979
    Kenn-Taal managed to overhear a part Konrad's speech. Mostly concerning the part about Konrad not being able to take the planet anymore than Kenn could.
    Maybe he could find some common ground with the suffering Human?

    Kenn-Taal: "I'll talk to him the morning Igor. I need my rest as well. Follow the metal...dwarf?...Halfling? It looks more like a Halfling. Yes, tiny humans.." His mumbling was interrupted by a yawn. "Pace around my body..person like that thing is doing." Igor stood emotionless as per his labotanized nature. That was when Kenn knew that for tonight all was right with the universe. He could finally get some...would you look at that he is already fast asleep.
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  15. Solodice

    Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    462
    Likes Received:
    887
    Momentum:

    Kenn: 3
    Saito: 2
    Konrad: 2
    Pappy: 2
    Atl: 2
    Waremart: 2
    Eddie: 2
    Igor: 1
    Xo: 0
    Ric: 0

    Heat
    : 11

    Eddie Discipline D1 (TN11, FOC1): 2, 10

    2 successes. Test passed. 1 Momentum generated.


    Abernethy accepted Ric's excuse and finished typing away on his datapad. The discussion about overnight defenses was a nice change of pace. Him the Captain talked about their different styles and Abernethy was thankful the "mercs" brought along some remotes. He'd had seen how PanO used them and he was jealous that Ariadna didn't have anything like that.


    ++++
    [Since Ric rolled a natural 20...]

    As Ric was found a water source, a narrow but deep and fast moving steam, he unloaded the bottles of water from Waremart. He filled everything up, purified it, and was good to go until he heard three large splashes in the stream. It dawned on him that he didn't re-secure the Molotok, Panzerfaust, and the Fast Panda.

    [For each momentum spent you can save an item. It's 3 items so 3 momentum to save them all.]

    ++++
    D+2 (Arrival Day +2)

    The night passed without incident. There was a few odd noises but it was mainly Pappy, armed with his new entrenching tool, enacting an insect genocide around Konrad.

    The two different groups got up, packed up gear, and started a small breakfast. The Scots Guards insisted that the mercs used their rations. Instead of the tasteless and plain rations the team had they welcomed the jerky, assortment of nuts, and some meals ready to eat. Eddie sprinkled in a some of the tea packets they got from the Mercedarians and it was a good meal for all. Nothing like bonding over food in the middle of a hostile jungle.

    Once that was done and more sunlight coming through the canopy it was time to part. Lucky enough the Scots Guard let them go without incident.

    "Keep frosty out there, lads." Abernethy said.

    "Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireann na daoine." Conway said out to the team as he took up rear guard as the Scots disappeared into the brush.

    The geists translated the Gaelic: Under the shelter of each other, people survive.

    Then once again the team was alone and on the move. Next destination: the breadcrumb 4 kms to their south.

    The trip was covered in about an hour. Ric had the exact coordinates and it lead them about 200 meters away from the river from yesterday.

    The breadcrumb was embedded into a tree and below salvaged parts of a mulebot marking something at the base of the tree. They way it was all arranged was like that of a grave marking...

    When Ric also tried to ping the next breadcrumb nothing happens. This must be the end of the line for those.

    @Golem2God [New day means a new round of Resistance tests for the Paradiso Sweats. Give me a D2 Resistance test. You have 8 Doses of Antibiotics. Each dose of Antibiotics you take will give you 1 bonus momentum on the Resistance test. If failed take 1+2d6 Physical Stress (Vicious 1), Harm Effect: Dazzed, and you still have the disease.]
     
    #135 Solodice, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  16. inane.imp

    inane.imp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2018
    Messages:
    4,816
    Likes Received:
    5,758
    [I should have only been on 2 Momentum, not 4. So it looks like the Molotok is going for a swim. Don't actually know why we had that anyway. -2 Momentum, leaving Ric on 0... unless Waremart would like to share some Momentum with Ric?]

    Well, frak. The long day must be getting to him.

    If Waremart doesn't help, Ric will give Waremart a very disapointed look.


    [Can Ric see if he's able trade the now 'excess' Molotok Ammo we now have for fuel for his LFT? Alternatively, he'll take anything that goes boom.

    Naughties D+2: 1d6 6. And that's a Complication.]


    "Guess we're grave digging?" He mumbles a few words of prayer, before sticking out his hand for Konrad to pass over the entrenching tool.

     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  17. Solodice

    Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    462
    Likes Received:
    887
    [Cashing in that complication as heat.]

    Momentum:

    Kenn: 3
    Saito: 2
    Konrad: 2
    Pappy: 2
    Atl: 2
    Waremart: 2
    Eddie: 2
    Igor: 1
    Xo: 0
    Ric: 0

    Heat
    : 12

    Ric hefted dirt and he had to dig 6 feet deep. This was a proper burial.

    He hit a kind of make shift casket. The rest of the mulebot and a large bag. Someone made sure that it wasn't going to be disturbed by the local fauna.

    Ric gets it free and the team helped to lift it up.

    Before cracking it open there's a separate bag on the casket. Inside is a small notebook. Eddie collects it.

    Ric opens up the bag with his knife. He's not presented with a rotting corpse... just a skeleton.

    @Golem2God [Give me a Medicine D1.]

    Eddie quickly has his geist, Fred, transcribe the notebook for the team.


    Eddie Lifestyle D2 (TN12, FOC0): 1, 3

    2 successes. Test passed.


    "Looks like our fellow Nomad here decided to spare the team another body. They were working with half supplies." Eddie said.

    Then it hit a bit as to why it was Nero that took this way out. For the Haqqislamites suicide was a great sin. Knowing the Haqqislam people and their deeps ties to Islam no one was going to take the easy way out. The two PanOceanians were another question as religion plays a roll in PanO life but there was some variance. Possible they also couldn't take the same route.

    "Hmmm, it might of been Nero also because he wasn't a believer. Well not in a higher power. He sure believed in having a good time." He said tipping his cap at Nero's skeleton.
     
    Golem2God, inane.imp and stevenart74 like this.
  18. inane.imp

    inane.imp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2018
    Messages:
    4,816
    Likes Received:
    5,758
    "Si. As it ever was.", Ric shakes his head ruefully in response to Eddie's revelations.

    Ric hands the body to Kenn to extract the Cube.

    "Konrad, you want to help me see if we can find anything on the Mulebot brain?"

    Ric wants to see if he can power up the Mulebot's LAI and see if it knows anything/if there's anything in its database.
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  19. Golem2God

    Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    2,805
    Likes Received:
    1,979
    Kenn-Taal: "I find it hard to believe that something believes that there is no architect or creator that began everything. Explosions cause life..HA!! Never had I heard such ludicrous idea. My species of designers & engineers understand that the universe is fashioned orderly despite the room to grow & expanded upon the templates set for us."
    The Tohaa seemed to be in a joyful mood as the shackles of the dreaded Sweats had finally been cast off of him. Oh, what a happy day indeed.
     
    stevenart74 likes this.
  20. DrunkCorsair

    DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2017
    Messages:
    275
    Likes Received:
    416
    First Recovery roll Mental resolve for the nights sleep.

    Its Dicipline on 9 with a difficulty
    I use 1 Momentum

    Recovery roll: 3d20 22 [3d20=5, 16, 1]
    Even with the +3 complication it would be 3 successe

    I save the 1 additional successes as Momentum

    So Konrads Momentum should be still 2

    Tech D3 roll to get the core of the old Mulebot running will add ingame description later as inane.imp will do an assistant roll with 2 d20

    Tech D3, i use 1 Momentum from Konrad and 1 from Pappy.
    Target is 13 with the help of Konrads Geist
    Tech D3 for Mulebot: 4d20 49 [4d20=17, 12, 12, 8]

    I reroll the 17 due to Natural Engineer
    Tech reroll Mulebot: 1d20 18 [1d20=18]

    Reroll didnt help, but didnt make it worse. Anything inane.imp rolls will be added to the 3 successes.

    Konrad and Pappys Momentum should be down to 1
     
    #140 DrunkCorsair, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    stevenart74 likes this.