1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity PbP - Emerald Sunz

Discussion in 'RPG' started by Solodice, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Daemon of Razgriz

Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

"Not a bad idea. Have them scoot around from a wide angle though. Make sure they scan the fences first in case of sensors."

With that, Saito sends the relevant commands to spot, which comes out of rest mode to find Pappy. Turning back to the entrance, Saito sighs. He really wishes he could of gotton more sleep.

Golem2God, Solodice and stevenart74 like this.
  2. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

Ric is spending 2 Momentum for for 2 extra d20s

Ric Observation D2: 11, 9, 16, 1
    5 Successes (Superhuman Awareness 1 adding 1 more). 4 Momentum generated (MSV1 adding 1 more)
    Spending 1 Momentum to improve the quality of the success.
    Ric is at 6 Momentum (max)

Eddie pressed his Stetson down further over his ears to try and keep them warm. The shift in temperature from the sweltering heat to this morning coolness wasn't really welcome. He enjoyed the constant temperature that the motherships provided. Not to warm and not to cold. It was just right.

"I don't expect the security to be all that fancy. Maybe a few motion sensors in case of any pesky creatures coming over the wall." Eddie said with a shiver passing through him. "Doesn't hurt to get a full picture though before we step in."

Spot bounced its way over to Pappy who gave the spotbot a piggy back as they moved off to scout out the orchard.

Ric's enhanced eyes paired with his MSV1 glasses pierced right through the fog around them. He could make out a few buildings 50 meters down the driveway. One medium sized one story house, two remote stations designed to look like sheds, and a garage with two Energia Zond delivery transports. Interesting enough the driveway has had seen little use recently or at least that's how it appeared. Ric could see the signs of a repulsor and vector thrust vehicle that had been here recently. Possibly last night.

There were only a few vehicles in the human sphere that had that kind of propulsion platform. There was only one small enough to fit down this civilian driveway. A MTV Hussar. It was the primary light transport vehicle for the PanO military. There was a civilian version but those were far and few and being near a large military complex it being from the PanOceania military made more sense.

Ric highlighted that detail for all to see over the tacnet.

"Pedro's padre had friends over last night it seems. By the looks of it was PanO military." Ric commented.

Pappy and Spot's report came in as well. There were indeed motion sensors lining the wall and a few behind it. Pappy was also getting a hit on a home network. That was about it when it came to security and info around the orchard.

"I say we just roll up and have a nice conversation. Probably just one or two of us though." Eddie looked around at the team. "I know I'm usually the talker but a Nomad chimera showing up at your door in the early morning is a little suspicious. Same goes for a grizzled Nomad vet like Ric. Kenn I think speaks for itself. Kinda just leaves Saito and Konrad."

#322 Solodice, Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  3. Daemon of Razgriz

"I'll go point with you. Let me just unpack my armoured civilian clothes off of the mule and get changed. I doubt whoever is in there will take kindly to a spec forces military getup in the early morning, especially a Japanese wearing Nomad gear."

Saito moves to unpack and place his mod coat and pants over his Spektr armour. Saito also chimes in on the tacnet to prevent his raised voice piercing through the morning fog.

Especially if there have indeed been Pan'O players here recently. I'll direct spot to follow Pappy's lead.

Coming back from around the far side wearing his long coat buttoned up to hide the armour, he says. "I'm ready, who else is?"

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  4. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Kenn Ta'al: "They wouldn't happen to be by chance our friendly knight friends? And if not should I be worried for my safety?" Shuffling himself slowly to his right until his body was covered by Igor's frame.

5. Daemon of Razgriz

Getting no reply other than Kenn, Saito looks around again and sees a few nods from the others. Taking a deep breath, the Japanese man begins to walk up the driveway, followed by the others. In a few steps, Eddie catches up and matches pace with Saito. He gives the chimera a look, then proceeds towards the house, checks his comlog for the time. Once, he steps up to the front door, he turns to look at the others one last time.

Positions people.

Mentally, checking his pistol and sword are comfortably hidden for the time being. He turns back towards the front door, and rings the door bell.

Golem2God, Solodice and stevenart74 like this.
  6. DrunkCorsair

DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

Konrad follows Saito to the house. He didnt bother to change much, as his clothes and armour didnt have any marks or signs.

Ric, would you look at the home network? Maybe you can find out how many persons are there and maybe snag some info about the guests that have been here before us? This scavanger hunt may not be over yet.

7. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Wilco. Hold up. This'll take a second.

@Xo. Dep Rep to cover the house.

There's a soft phut, as the zond responds by launching a Deployable Repeater to land just outside the wall of the house, blanketing the central building in its coverage.

Ric immediately starts launching an attack on the Houses security, trying to remain undetected but in his haste he slips up and fails to cover the attack. Perhaps that mistake won't be spotted...

#327 inane.imp, Feb 20, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    Solodice, Golem2God and stevenart74 like this.
  8. Solodice

Saito pressed on the doorbell. A small light on the porch flips on and a voice comes through the doorbell box. It was fast enough that whoever was inside probably already saw them coming.

"A little early for visitors," the voice of a man came through the box. "What can I do for you two? If you're trying to sell me something I can tell you I have everything I need. If you're one of those remote gear heads from in town I've already sent in my diagnostics and surveys."

Ric's little incursion got what he wanted. He had busted his way into the house node and had given himself admin control. Gabo gave him the low down of what he could see from the node but it wasn't very much. As Gabo looked around some more he quickly came back blasting warnings to Ric as he detected a user of some sort pop up in the network hub node.

Gabo: Unknown if Giest or biological user. Will need more time and a closer look to determine that.

Golem2God, inane.imp and stevenart74 like this.
  9. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Kenn Ta'al: "Oh no..." The Artichoke thought to himself. "Not another violent incursion. Violent incursions usually mean death. Which means I might die! This is terrible!" He was understandably nervous at the prospect of another firefight breaking out. Considering what nearly happened to Igor & how he was practically useless in helping the his Human...Traid? No. Quad...Penta...Yes there were...5. Five of them. Who knew how many combative foes lay wait for them behind Pedro's progenitor's door.
    Kenn Ta"al: "Igor old friend, I know we have been together for many solar & lunar cycles but this might be the end for you. Don't worry. You can die knowing your master shall easily cope with your demise. I have 5 replacements now. Five Humans." Holding up his digits counting them off one by one. "Five thinking creatures who won't instantly obey my commands. Five intelligent beings who don't have to listen to me vocally express myself or complain about existence. Five living souls who might reject me or not be close with me due to said levels of comprehension & discernment." The Tohaa stopped his rambling due to him comprehending & discerning what he just said. Now he was even more afraid than before.
    Still hiding behind Igor's large frame he went about getting his weapon & himself fully armed & ready. In the sneakiest fashion he could manage. Who knows if Pedro's papa would freak out upon seeing an alien with the group outside his door? Besides the Artichoke was expecting violent resistance of some sort to incur at any moment. This time he was going to earn a place in the pack & respect from his peers. And if Igor died at least he had a backup plan. Pulling up a holo-book as he finished readying himself. Having mini-Igor, his silent yet expressive giest, place the reading material to side of his vision. In order that the Tohaa didn't leave the book smack dab in front of his eyes during a firefight.
    What was the important book that Kenn Ta'al felt the need to keep up on his holo-screen during a firefight you ask?
    "How to secure relationships, make & keep friends for dummies." Truly a vital read for the introvert in the confusion of life or death combat.

stevenart74 and Solodice like this.
  10. DrunkCorsair

"We are not from the town and we are not trying to sell something. We need to talk about something personally."
    Konrad gives short answer to the man.
    Making a short gance at Saito, unsure if he should go further into detail or how honest he should be as long as the door is closed.

11. Daemon of Razgriz

Holding his right hand, open palmed to his heart in a gesture of condolence, Saito bows in the traditional Japanese manner.

"We are so sorry to intrude so early in the morning, good sir." Standing back up to full height. "We are members of the University of Medina. We are compiling information on an expedition that occurred a few years ago, in order to finalise a closure report. I was wondering if you were available to answer some questions for our report?"

12. Solodice

Gabo isn't very happy with what he found. It's was a Security Geist. To make matters worse Ric's admin authorization wasn't being recognized anymore and the network hub fortified up becoming a secured zone.

[Spending 4 Heat to introduce a Major Complication. Ric's lost his admin authorization and the network hub zone has become a Secured Zone.]

At the front door the voice on the other side of the doorbell box was silent for a few moments.

"University of Medina and you need to talk about something personally, huh? I'm guessing it has something to do with Pedro." The voice said as the front door unlocked and slid open. A man in his late 50s stared at Saito and Konrad. Notable scars were present on his arms and face. He wore them like a badge of honor and those eyes... those eyes had seen so much. This was Samuel Cardozo.

"Well stop freezing your asses off in the morning fog and come and have some coffee." He said.

Saito and Konrad stepped into the house. It was rather spartan and nothing more than a few luxuries were around. A few photos of a family of a father, mother, and a small boy and not much else. The two followed Samuel into the kitchen where he fetched two cups and filled them with coffee. He set them down on a small table and took a seat.

"So back at it after 4 years? Last time I think it was some burly mercs that stopped by saying they worked for the university. Asked me a bunch of questions about Pedro, his guide experience, and wanted my opinion on where he could of led the research team during the 2nd Offensive. I'm sure you know all about that though."

13. inane.imp

Gabo@Ric: Incoming. Sec Geist.

Ric@Team: Frak. His network is heavily secured for a crazy lub. I'm dealing with it.

Alerted by Gabo, Ric immediately attacks hoping to stop the Hostile Geist from sending out an Alert of its own.

14. Daemon of Razgriz

As Saito stepped into the house his ninja senses triggered, trying to find anything that either he could use as a weapon or that Pedro's father could use.

Crossing the threshold into the kitchen, he sent a quick message over the tacnet.

I'm going for half truths here people, i'll tell him we were out in the green and we think Pedro's alive. Konrad, keep an eye out to see how he reacts to the news.

"Well sir." Saito said taking a seat at the kitchen table. "I'm not going lie. we've been tasked by Medina to pick up the trail once again. If anything, those poor souls deserve to have their cubes found. Closure, for everyone's sake, including yours."

Clearing his throat for the delicate question ahead. "So, how well, could Pedro have survived out there in the wilderness? How proficient was he in his craft. Unfortunately, the previous team never documented accounts of his prowess, so forgive me for asking this question again by all accounts."

stevenart74, inane.imp and Golem2God like this.
  15. Solodice

"The PanO military ran a competency grade on me for my wilderness survival a while back. I came in just next to Croc Men and the Zulu Cobras. Good enough to teach at the ESSTC, or Escape and Survival Training Tactics Camp, in the Great Arboreal Reserve. What I knew I taught Pedro and if I'm being honest he was just slightly better than me." A small smile came across his face but quickly disappeared. "Paradiso is a hell to most. To Pedro is was a playground."

Saito could read Samuel like a book. He wasn't hiding anything but his emotions for his lost son.

In the quantronic realm Ric tries to forcefully keep the Security Geist from raising the alarm. The Security Geist wasn't phased by Ric's first pass at it and it did indeed raise the alarm. It didn't take any offensive action against him though.

Saito and Konrad can see Samuel's eyes drift away from them. They then snap back to the two of them.

"If you have a friend trying to crash into my network I advice he stops before I start calling the authorities. I'm not hiding anything from you, I promise. Whatever I can do to help you I will do. I just want to get Pedro back." Samuel said sincerely to a fault.

stevenart74, Golem2God and inane.imp like this.
  16. DrunkCorsair

Konrad over the Tacnet:
    "Be carefull, something informed the farmer, that something is probing the house net."

Then turning to Pedros Father:
    "Are you still some sort of consultant or teacher for the PanO military here?"

Golem2God, stevenart74 and inane.imp like this.
  17. inane.imp

Frak! His system's tighter than a fraking S-72 respirator. Disconnecting. Let me know if you need to go back in.

With that, Ric cuts the connection to Pedro's network. Instead, he focusses on the physical environment around the house.

Golem2God and stevenart74 like this.
  18. Solodice

Samuel looked at Konrad. "No, I haven't done any work for the PanO military since the end of the First Offensive. Cashed in my time, bought this place, and have lived as peacefully as I could. Had a few visits from some old friends and colleagues but nothing in an official capacity. Why?"

19. DrunkCorsair

"Your driveway. It seems like some oof those fancy PanO gliders landed there not long ago. And iif you are as good in the jungle to teach others i think they would still have some dibs on you.
    At least where i hail from you keep in contact with old businees partners just in case.

But back to your son.
    Well we were out there following the tracks of the expedition your son was hired as a guide and it seems that the reports of his death were not entirly correct."

Golem2God, inane.imp and stevenart74 like this.
  20. Solodice

"Either you two or one of your friends have good eyes. Hussars don't leave much of a trail." He sounded more impressed rather than surprised. "Two old friends: Grace Carabano and Tyler Lowe. They stop by on occasion. Both are stationed at Fort Reinhardt just down the Borduria River."

Those two names were familiar. Saito had found a report about Samuel Cardozo extracting around a squad and a half worth of cubes during the First Offensive. Grace and Tyler were among them.

Fort Reinhardt was one of PanO's many forts dotting this front. However, this one wasn't like the others. First off it was a restricted site that even O-12 Combined Command needed to request access to and it wasn't open to anyone but PanO personnel with high clearances. Any available reports talk about Reinhardt being home to a lot of surveillance and radar equipment. It also served as a coastal way station for the PanO Navy. It had the stink of the Hexahedron all over it.

It took Samuel a couple seconds to process Konrad's other words. "He's still out there? Alive?" The last word came out course and clipped. He was holding back a sob. "Please tell me you have an idea of where that might be."

stevenart74, inane.imp and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation