1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra Política de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

Infinity Dice Calculator

Discussion in 'News' started by toadchild, Dec 5, 2017.

  1. toadchild

    toadchild EI Aspect
    Warcor

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2017
    Messages:
    2,437
    Likes Received:
    4,643
    I've updated the dice calc with the new units from Gencon.
     
    ijw, Ben Kenobi, jherazob and 5 others like this.
  2. Iro

    Iro Unidron, Dron, Dron, saca los cuernos al Sol~~

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2017
    Messages:
    220
    Likes Received:
    197
    Marvellous!!
    Thanks for this tool that you gived to us sir :D

    Would you mind to add Aïda Swanson?
     
    toadchild likes this.
  3. toadchild

    toadchild EI Aspect
    Warcor

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2017
    Messages:
    2,437
    Likes Received:
    4,643
    Sure thing, I totally forgot about her. I'll add her sometime soon.
     
    Iro likes this.
  4. toadchild

    toadchild EI Aspect
    Warcor

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2017
    Messages:
    2,437
    Likes Received:
    4,643
    Since I've been working on the new sectorials for MayaNet, I also dropped the units into the dice calc. Feel free to take a look, and as always, please report any irregularities to me so that I can fix them.
     
    Reece likes this.
  5. toadchild

    toadchild EI Aspect
    Warcor

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2017
    Messages:
    2,437
    Likes Received:
    4,643
    I also slightly tweaked the cumulative output for breaker+shock so that the probabilities are displayed in a more consistent way.
     
  6. Section9

    Section9 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2017
    Messages:
    5,534
    Likes Received:
    8,752
    Hey, I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but would it be possible to add checkboxes for things like supportware and surprise shot/attack?
     
  7. inane.imp

    inane.imp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2018
    Messages:
    3,739
    Likes Received:
    4,216
    Just use the +/- MODs option.

    MML2 is +3 and select Cover for your target.
    Surprise is -3/-6 for your target.
     
  8. Section9

    Section9 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2017
    Messages:
    5,534
    Likes Received:
    8,752
    That's what I did last time, but checkboxes would make it easier as a user.
     
  9. toadchild

    toadchild EI Aspect
    Warcor

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2017
    Messages:
    2,437
    Likes Received:
    4,643
    I haven't been working on this app much but I get that request a lot. I'll see if I can make it happen sooner than later.
     
  10. Section9

    Section9 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2017
    Messages:
    5,534
    Likes Received:
    8,752
    Thanks!

    Like I said in reply to inane imp, I know you can use the additional modifier dropdowns, but checkboxes would be much easier for someone who doesn't use the dice calculator very often.
     
    toadchild likes this.
  11. inane.imp

    inane.imp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2018
    Messages:
    3,739
    Likes Received:
    4,216
    People don't use the Dice calculator often?

    [​IMG]
     
    Barrogh, Abrilete, Icchan and 2 others like this.
  12. Section9

    Section9 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2017
    Messages:
    5,534
    Likes Received:
    8,752
    They don't when their gaming group plays 6 different games, and doesn't play often.
     
    inane.imp likes this.
  13. toadchild

    toadchild EI Aspect
    Warcor

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2017
    Messages:
    2,437
    Likes Received:
    4,643
    I should try to make the tool useful to everyone, no matter how regularly they play.
     
  14. Section9

    Section9 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2017
    Messages:
    5,534
    Likes Received:
    8,752
    And we appreciate you doing it!

    Even when we do play, we rarely use the dice calculator. Only when there's a question about what would truly be the best option, and we decide which to do and roll the dice, then fire up the calculator to see if our guess was right.
     
    toadchild likes this.
  15. Barrogh

    Barrogh Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2017
    Messages:
    1,766
    Likes Received:
    1,451
    I've lost track a bit here.
    Was Fatality 2 incorporated into calculator?
     
  16. toadchild

    toadchild EI Aspect
    Warcor

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2017
    Messages:
    2,437
    Likes Received:
    4,643
    Yes!
     
    jherazob likes this.
  17. Barrogh

    Barrogh Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2017
    Messages:
    1,766
    Likes Received:
    1,451
    I apologise, I don't follow. Kriza and Charontid don't have Fat2, I think?

    I'm asking because I have suspiciously similar results shooting with Tarik and "Asawira, but BS13" against out of range TO target to ensure crits have most weight possible.

    I should probably re-check that.
     
  18. ijw

    ijw Wargaming Trader, Freelance Editor (UK)
    Warcor

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2017
    Messages:
    5,058
    Likes Received:
    10,297
    Fatality, not Full Auto!

    Although Fatality is mentioned in the MODs when picking Tarik, it doesn't appear to be doing anything - the raw stats and the results appear to be identical to other BS13 troopers when applying the same situation. Also, swapping to a custom unit and toggling Fatality L2 on and off is making no difference!
     
    Barrogh and toadchild like this.
  19. Section9

    Section9 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2017
    Messages:
    5,534
    Likes Received:
    8,752
    We should be seeing a difference only in situations with less than -12 mods on Tariq, and no difference with -12 mods (since BS13 -12 will always crit on a 1, regardless of Fatality L2).

    Face to Face Roll
    Tarik Mansuri - Spitfire vs. Ninjas - Combi Rifle (16-24" range)
    Active Player
    61.23% Tarik Mansuri inflicts 1 or more wounds on Ninjas (Unconscious)
    21.60% Tarik Mansuri inflicts 2 or more wounds on Ninjas (Dead)

    Failures
    33.89% Neither player succeeds

    Reactive Player
    4.88% Ninjas inflicts 1 or more wounds on Tarik Mansuri (1 W)

    versus

    Face to Face Roll
    Tarik Mansuri - Spitfire vs. Ninjas - Combi Rifle (24-32" range)
    Active Player
    17.62% Tarik Mansuri inflicts 1 or more wounds on Ninjas (Unconscious)
    1.33% Tarik Mansuri inflicts 2 or more wounds on Ninjas (Dead)

    Failures
    72.60% Neither player succeeds

    Reactive Player
    9.77% Ninjas inflicts 1 or more wounds on Tarik Mansuri (1 W)


    For the proper test of the code, we need something BS12 or less at -12 penalties.

    Something's not right, I'm not getting any hits with a BS12 custom unit armed with a Spitfire at -12. Should be seeing a (0.95^4=)81.4% chance of no hit by custom unit, and something like an 18.6% chance of at least one wound(Crit) on the Ninja. If I did that math correctly, that is (I don't think I accounted for the chance of the Ninja critting to counteract Custom Unit's crit).

    Face to Face Roll
    Custom Unit - Spitfire vs. Ninjas - Combi Rifle (24-32" range)
    Failures
    86.00% Neither player succeeds
    Reactive Player
    14.00% Ninjas inflicts 1 or more wounds on Custom Unit (1 W)
     
  20. ijw

    ijw Wargaming Trader, Freelance Editor (UK)
    Warcor

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2017
    Messages:
    5,058
    Likes Received:
    10,297
    ?

    We should be seeing a difference in all situations, because of the additional Damage for Fatality 1 will always be increasing the chances of wounding the target, and because of Fatality 2 doubles the chances of a critical whenever modified BS > 1.