1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance, the new game from Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Mar 29, 2019.

1. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Yeah NZ not being bundled with AU through aether works is really strange as thats how literally every other kickstarter goes to get here, I just got my battletech shipping notification from them in Friday.

2. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

mine just arrived so pumped!

The_Evergrey_One likes this.
  3. dhellfox

size comparison
    size.jpg

4. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Gonna need to get more paint for that. And maybe one of those sprayers which house painters use. An Airbrush ain't gonna get 'er done.

chromedog likes this.
  5. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

They need to figure out a non-limited way to sell more of this guy, i want to buy a couple now

6. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

I was going to get some extra's to resell later, but figured it's probably not worth the investment unless I'm like hoarding them for a couple years. I'm sure others did do it though, so there'll be probably be a bunch of high priced right at first, then prices will settle down a bit.

It'd be nice if CB reopened the pledge manager between waves, but I don't think they know that it's a thing companies do.

7. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

An airbrush CAN do the job.
    Even the usual dinky little cup gravity feed ones.

The Death Star 2 main reactor ball (about 24" across) was done with a regular airbrush. It's covered in little protuberances, too - it's not just a smooth ball). It just took a few goes.

jherazob and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  8. dhellfox

OK i assembled all the core box + the collector models needed for the tutorial mission, this is my feedback.

storage1.jpg storage2.jpg

i like how the internal packaging holds the tiles snugly on the top layer and there are disk rows that fit all (but 4) of the substitute character tokens, there has been some clear testing to see how much space was needed if you sleeve every card. without the sleeves only 3 pockets are taken up

miniatures 20201124_140956.jpg

"Infinity Defiance will have the highest quality metal miniatures that we can offer, and we have put the greatest of care to ensure that assembly is as simple and user friendly as possible."
    - defiance kicksrarter

i have to say they are some of the worst infinity minis I've ever assembled. there is a lot of bending and filing just to get them to fit with noticeable gaps.
    Edit clarification: overall the new way introduced post coldfront/ wildfire is a massive improvement in fitting them together, but the whole tolerance problem is still prevalent in these models. they work great when they fit, your smashing your head into a wall when they don't...
    I've learned from my stockpile of minis, that CB's miniatures design tolerances are a roll of a dice if they fit or not right out of the box (after shaving the excess metals of couse), but it doesn't look good when some of their older CAD models somehow are less frustrating to build.

some noteworthy examples;
    *i needed a drill (the first time i ever needed one, but not the last for this box) to mill out the cavity of UMA soren just so the upper half could fit more than 1mm in the socket.
    *this was followed by having to mill out trisha's arm socket....
    *anges legs/base is extremely fragile and had so much excess thick scrap metal form casting, it (feels) could break on the slightest tilt.
    *billie just doesn't fit together full stop. (baffled why this wasn't a single piece, or their new way of having the arms spine one piece like the the other two remotes) there's a massive gap between the front and back.
    20201124_134358.jpg bille.jpg

did anyone else have any issues so far or did i just get the unlucky box?

#1888 dhellfox, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    xagroth, Mahtamori, Croepoek and 2 others like this.
  9. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Shit, I was worried something like this would happen.

Please write to CB with a request for swapping the defective models. Having to mill out slots because they're blobbed over in casting is a new low for Infinity miniatures and I've assembled hundreds of them, a lot of very problematic ones (and 75-80% which were perfectly fine). Never seen anything close to this kind of a defect though.

I sincerely hope this is a fluke and not the norm in how they all were cast.

10. dhellfox

atm i'm waiting for others to give their feedback before i take anything further; for all that i know Billie could be like this to everyone

11. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

Might be a while for the rest of us to share our thoughts. I do think some of the stuff is just metal mini's all being packed on top of each other in big boxes, getting bent somewhat from the pressure. There's also the casting flaws as you note, but they're generally good with that. Of course, when cranking out a large order, maybe more flaws slip through.

I guess I'll see when it shows up in USA. I expect it will go over really badly for the kickstarter boardgame buyers that were already afraid of assembling metal minis.

LaughinGod and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  12. Nuada Airgetlam

I hear on Discords, third hand, that reportedly other Aussie backers are saying "more flash than usual, but normal other than that".

13. dhellfox

ive just contacted mispack but i doubt they will do much about it.

14. Nuada Airgetlam

They should send you properly cast miniatures, I wouldn't leave it as is.

15. dhellfox

only filed for a Billie replacement, everything else (so far) has been fixable, though inconveniently frustrating at most, or fits close enough for my standards not to bother.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  16. Red Harvest

Judging from the photo, my Kunai Ninja fit together a bit like that Billie. It took a bit of filing and scraping to get the excess material off. Okay, more than a bit, but it was 'fixable'

Say, @dhellfox was the Agnes mini included in this first wave?

17. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

so, no one view the Wave one unboxing made by Bostria to show all the stuff you gonna receive?

18. dhellfox

she is part of the CE box minis
    20201126_133834.jpg

20201126_133956.jpg
    OK I've just literally finished building the rest of the minis the only notable mini was victor messer having to mill both arms and neck (which being the second mini i touched in the batch, caused a micro panic attack at it broke my drill bit)

(edit: lol didn't notice i left the broken bit on the table until i uploaded)

#1898 dhellfox, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  19. Red Harvest

Thanks. In the unboxing video Bostria mentioned 42 minis coming in wave 1. With Agnes it should be 43 ( unless I am innumerate these days.) and IIRC he did not show the mini. Well, we all know about Bostria and his alternative facts eh? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Do enjoy painting them all. And enjoy playing the game even more.

The ship comes to port in 2 days in the USA, barring something unfortunate... and given how 2020 has gone, I fully expect something unfortunate. How often do container ships sink anyways?

Nuada Airgetlam and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  20. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

well, at least you dont have to sail through pirate waters...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation