1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance, the new game from Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about the failures of capitalism, I'm talking about the unrealistic demands that people make regarding the priorities of a shipment of toys. Doesn't matter if this is capitalism or not, it's unrealistic and entitled.

2. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

I was kind of surprised to learn a few months earlier that parts of the Defiance game were produced in China (or any other location far from Spain).

Since I knew CB was going to produce the miniatures themselves I had the illusion that the whole game was produced in Spain, or in the EU at least (I know some books and board games are made in East Europe). They never said it was the case, but I had this kind of illusion ... so I'm kind of disappointed with these delays.

Personally I think I won't back any KS that is not 100% produced in the EU (or US or near the editor economic zone) even if that means a significant higher price.

My two cents thoughts after reading this news ...

3. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I gave an UK address for shipping the Defiance ( where my cousin lives, because shipping to Serbia was for some reason like 5 times more expensive ), but since Defiance will be shipped post Brexit I will likely have to change the address now. I both don't want to pay extra for customs duties and at this point with so many delays I am not sure even if my cousin will still live in the UK in March next year or whenever they actually ship this game. Worst thing is I don't even care about the cardboard stuff, I just want the minis. Anyway, who do I contact about the change of address for shipping ?

4. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

ZlaKhon and LaughinGod like this.
  5. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

A world that willingly volunteered to bend over and beg for it from China. Remember that. This is a self-inflicted problem.

I do hope CB finds a way to produce things in Spain, or at least in the EU/North America in the future.

So mid -December here in the USA. Now I need to remember... I signed up for all in one shipping, but am only getting the Collector's level, so I should be in Wave 1? Well, I'll know soon enough. Patience. Always needed with Kickstarters.

6. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Does this make it any better?

7. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I mean, it could be worse guys.

When the New Zealand deliveries eventually come, they will all come via Australia (or the US).

We'll just wait an extra month after the Australians (and/or Americans) get theirs.

That's cool.

8. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Koni's reply read to me more like non-US and non-AUS shipment will be all done from HQ. So, you're completely fucked. Sorry if true :(

9. Red Harvest

It does seem odd that NZ would not get their shipments from OZ, but I don't understand the byzantine world of international shipping.

Of course not. However, recognizing the cause of a problem is rather important if you want to solve the problem. This is something too many people have demonstrated a complete unwillingness to learn or accept. Too much magical thinking these days.

Say, Bostria never showed the Agnes mini in the unboxing. What's up with that? The mini is part of the Collector pledge.

10. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

Paying attention to some of the kickstarters and other things, what bugs me the most is that the chinese companies are also quite often making firm promises that they have no ability to meet. It will be assembled by X, but not really. It'll be shipped by Y, but there's not even containers lined up, let alone a ship to put it on. A combination of shifting priorities in shipping, coupled with trying to appease customers with dates that are not possible, it really leads to a cluster-f.

Whining is free, but won't get any results. :)

I was disappointed also, though I had a good idea that the plastic models would be chinese, I was also figuring a bunch of the printed stuff might be Europe based. Even then though, if they were producing the parts in China, I assumed final assembly would be in Europe, but oh well I guess.

Good luck with that! Even if you didn't back anything that was from China, finding out where stuff is made can be iffy. Hell, even GW shifts things around at times. Many kickstarters even hide where the designers are based on some level.
    I think I'm mostly done with boardgames after my current crop.

11. Vocenoctum

I'm waiting on Etherfields as Poland is shipping Europe first. I'm waiting on Altar Quest, even though Australians had it a couple weeks ago. I might be a tad jealous, but I couldn't imagine telling someone to hire warehouse space in each shipping hub until Official Launch Day or something. I just want it, I don't care when others get it one way or the other. :)

Torres likes this.
  12. Vocenoctum

@Koni Hello, are you guys using Quartermaster Logistics in the USA for fulfillment? Thanks

13. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

To do that would mean breaking down a container load, breaking pallets at a redistribution centre here in Au (or under loading pallets and adding extras in China), reconsigning pallets, getting a container space, loading the container (in Mascot or Tempe), getting a slot on a ship from Au to NZ, etc.
    That would significantly add to costs and time. Most trans-Tasman games freight is (or was) air freight for that reason.
    Doing it in the USA with all other RoW shipping mitigates that somewhat; USA is a bigger shipping hub than Au, combining RoW minimises extra pallet loads and maximises container efficiency, a more competitive freight forwarding sector and more capacity going to NZ (probably).

Actually, now that I type that, it is quite Byzantine.

Shorter: Au to NZ would be more expensive and likely more delayed than USA to NZ.

Croepoek and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  14. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Spain was big on toys ages ago. Some companies are bringing back production after getting a taste of the Far East. Others are producing new machines to create "plastic" things, CB's Ancients and Medieval minis are being produced that way now in UK and IIRC the machines in CB workshop come from an Italian company that also sells "plastic" workflows (for those with weak searchfu: Plastic Soldier Company with Siocast & Nicem, respectively, plus the Polish Unicast as yet another "plastic" method).

Plenty of automotive OEM that use similar things (thousands of plastic parts for trim, etc), based around all over Spain & EU. It's not like we forgot how to do things, just have been acting stupid for some decades thinking... I dunno, some nonsense about government methods and the End of History.

So get some EU funds now that they are on the table, and bootstrap a place of "minis for boardgames"? Paper and card printers are there and well capable, just check the credits in the books. Or keep self inflicting problems while sliding into entertainment park for foreigners.

It's going to be Spain to NZ, unless NZ becomes part of Canada or USA soon.

15. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Yeah, good luck direct shipping from Spain to New Zealand.

It turns out that basically everything that comes here goes via either the US or Australia.

But, sure, shipping to Spain and THEN to NZ via one of those two routes a month later is cool.

16. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Wave 1 to new zealand will do the equivalent of a circumnavigation of the planet, don't tell greta :scream::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

[​IMG]
    https://ibb.co/fDNKGcH

LaughinGod, fari, AdmiralJCJF and 5 others like this.
  17. Red Harvest

Lol. It will ship on one of those Spanish galleons that used to sail o'er the bounding main. Greta may even try to hitch a ride on it. I'm sure she wants to see Middle Earth in person.... and continue to play hooky from school. Plus NZ is more or less COVID-free for now. Greta hates wearing the mask. It hides her scowl.

18. djihani

djihani Member

Wow, what a lot of negativity. Me. Im super stoked we got a date for allthestuffsshipping at all, and that the expansion material is pretty much done. Having backed kingdom death and shadows of brimstone Im amazed a project delivers within two chinese new years of original ks fantasydate.

19. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Often the show is not the game but the inflamed negatives discussions that follow it. :sweat_smile::laughing:

[​IMG]

jakata, A Mão Esquerda and jherazob like this.
  20. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

wow we're almost to 100 pages XD

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation