1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance FAQ - Submit your questions here!

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

I'm confused about how a character hold inventory during a mission - e.g. Qiang Gao is wearing full armor and using a weapon in both hands. If he opens a loot box with three loot cards, can he only put two in his empty backpack slots and give the third to his teammate or throw it away?

I notice that automedikits with character portraits don't take up backpack space. Are there other equipments that don't use up backpack space?

berynius likes this.
  2. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

I got a follow up question about Trisha/Rahman in assault mode:
    1. So... they become part of the crew AFTER mission 3, get no reward for mission 3 and start from scratch from there onward. And thus they can only achieve 6 levels in Speciality, since missions 10 to 13 can be considered as “episodes” of a single mission (FAQ, page 9) with no repairs/heals or equipment acquisition.
    That's a pretty gruesome limitation for anyone who wants to try them in addition to the crew management limitations of Assault mode.

2. How does Mission 9 work in Assault mode? Do you simply replace Trisha/Rahman with unused characters or they start on shown spaces? Do they start as 'Characters' too with equipment and specialities or simply as Allies?

3. What happends with dead servant's loot? Servant has to be removed from the board, does his pockets contents teleport to Defiance straight to Loot step?

4. Does Hidden state help in any way to avoid raising Alert for being in LOS within 1-8 Range? Or Enemy can see clearly, just can't attack from range?

5. How do you place Minotaur engine parts? In book it says "place a Minotaur Engine token on the first free position of the track, in numerical order". There's no numerical order on these positions, just :2: symbols.
    Should I go left to right, top row then low row (like the one token shown on the image on the same page)? Or from lowest :2: to highest?
    Shown jump damage example also shows :8:. Does this :8: cancel all :1: like regular enemy rolls do? From the given text it looks like normal :2:.
    In example Qiang Gao rolled :2::1::3:, text says :1::1::3:. Is it a typo or :2: on defence turn into :1:?

#82 Lucian, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    Hecaton likes this.
  3. berynius

berynius Well-Known Member

How are excess loot cards handled? If a Character gain more Equipment than they are able to carry (eg 2 Medikits and a Grenade) how are the excess stuff handled. Is it left in the container? Lost? left on the ground? I can't find any thing on it in the book.
    (copy paste from my a thread I opened)

4. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

How many adjacent energy cells can you pick up per one Equip Action in Mission 5? Can you pass the picked cell right away to next adjacent Character within the same Equip Action?

5. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

Can Jazz equip one hacking device in her head slot and another hacking device in her hand slot? If so, does a player choose which hacking device they are gonna use when performing hacking or BTS rolls? Do all daemon programs become active when installed across both hacking devices?

6. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

I know we’re not supposed to discuss the FAQ here, but this is a pretty safe “No, you only get one hacking device”. :)

7. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Can you use stored symbols on cards to bypass :7::8: result? Say I got :2::3:, on criticall symbol step :2: got cancelled (now only :3: left) and then, before the switches step, I can take one :2: from card. Do I get :2::3: or it is still cancelled?

Still, there's no mention about any limitations on number of equipped hacking devices in the book. And since only 'hacker' can equip them anyway (except DHD) seems kinda ligical, have 2 slots - equip two. Who would have thought of that?

8. mbeyer

mbeyer New Member

In Mission 11, the mission tells us to deploy Speculo Killers in some rounds. Does this mean we shuffle the Initiative card into the deck? Or do they immediately spawn right next to the last activated character with their mission specific "Surprise Attack" skill and attack once?

9. mbeyer

mbeyer New Member

In Mission 11 we are supposed to deploy breaches. The mission says to deploy the breach in the space of the respawn point, but what if a breach is already deployed on the respawn point?

10. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

In Mission 10, there's a Jayth deployed on the first floor but no Jayth in the aligned units deck. Which is correct?

#90 Hecaton, Apr 4, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  11. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Also noting here that the FAQ is still incorrectly labeled as "missing components guide" in the English website.

They really need to fix Assault Team Mode, just have a method where you can play whichever four characters you like, and the two unused ones take the place of the rescued captives in mission 3.

Flipswitch likes this.
  12. Zenon

Zenon Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Mission 8 calls for Nox fireteam and leader. We don't have tokens to use them concurrently.

13. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Yeah, I will be nitpicky and you can get the idea applying some common sense, but I'd rather have this fleshed out in the future editions:

Some starting equipment has 'Requirements: Hacker' or 'Requirement: HI Combat' yet on the first mission Characters don't yet have any specialities. In case of Jazz her character card has 'Hacker', but Quing Gao only has 'Armored'. And I can't find any description of these 'requirements' in the book.
    How exactly do these requirements work?

14. Niraco

Niraco New Member

Can you use a raider program on character that is not hackable?
    What about against an enemy that does not ave hackable trait?

15. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

1. Does Uma's 'Adaptive' speciality let you use switches from both weapons?
    2. Similar to the question about Seed-Embryos deploying after Charontid being killed during Character activation - does it work the same way when you get 2 energy cells on shuttle in Mission 5?
    3. Does 'If at least one Character in Range and LOF/adjacent to the enemy - skip instruction' refers to any character or the one that fits Instruction's target description?
    4. Can you take other Character's equipment with 'Equip' action? Can servants use 'Equip' action?

16. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Characters can soak so much consequences that they won't be able to go on a mission. What happens then? You take 3 characters instead of 4 or can take Trisha/Rahman as a replacement? (not in assault mode)
    What happens if you have these max consequence characters in Mission 9 when they all participate including Trisha/Rahman? What if Trisha/Rahman have max consequence? (for both modes)

17. KaSaKlubDemola

KaSaKlubDemola New Member

Mission 9 - no connections between tiles A14, 13 and 11?

So how we can get to tule A01 to interact with console 3. :thinking_face:

AND if those connectors shoutd be there, can we finish this mission in one of Jazz turns - she can run with Bille and interact with it, just like that? :point_up:

18. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

Obviously the missions after the jump are meant to have no time to return to the defiance for upgrades in between. Does this also prevent medbay rolls? As there is nowhere in the campaign or rulebooks where it tells you to skip any of the post mission steps.

EDIT: Cool, I knew that'd be the answer, just didn't think it'd already been FAQ'd. #JustConsultingBetween3SeparateDocumentsThings

#98 CAnon, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  19. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

That part was FAQ'd
    [​IMG]

CAnon likes this.
  20. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Back to the unanswered thing with 2 hacking devices - okay, even if they dont stack effects and somehow you can only have one active. Can you still equip them both? Just to have more programs available at once. Nothing in the book says no...
    And since it only takes ONE hand or head, can you have THREE at once for a crazy total of 10 programs running at once?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation