1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance FAQ - Submit your questions here!

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Hello guys,

Sorry for the delay on this. The Defiance team is aware that we need to release the FAQ and they don't forget about it, simply they have a huge loadout of work. Our apologies.
    They have your questions on the table and they will release a proper FAQ in the weeks to come.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding :)

2. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

I went for the Platinum pledge, it cost me €250 plus shipping. It was delivered sometime back in 2020, we are now 3 years later. So the Defiance team having “a huge loadout of work” now is just not a great excuse at this stage.

I’m also not “patient and understanding”, I got shafted by a company that has shown no respect whatsoever for all the backers who decided to follow it on their first Kickstarter adventure. I just don’t have a choice, past entreaties have yielded nothing, so what else is there to do but sit and wait?

nil, Lucian, Sandfurz and 1 other person like this.
  3. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

4. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Sssssh, the white knights are watching. Quit being so "angry" and "negative". Listen to their sage advice, just "go away and play something else". You shouldn't be ever complaining. The Big Bro.. I mean, the Company Knows Best!

;)

5. nil

nil Member

Yeah, I am just getting more and more bitter, honestly. I went with the full Plat pledge too. Unless the FAQ is a crazy huge document that is bringing a lot of well-deserved maintenance to the game and the missions (or Trisha's skills, particularly the completely useless Rank 4 Engineer, Explosives Expert!) - whatever they will come up with will likely be inexcusably late and insufficient. I am braced for it to be disappointing, but to be this late on top of it all is just salt on the wound.

Accordingly I didn't support TAG Raid nor WarCrow (tempting as it was), and I won't be likely supporting any other games in the future, spreading the word or recommending to anyone. The lack of commitment for quality and maintaining their products is really not something I can really abide with a company I support. I think a lot of people think the same, considering the big difference in funding between those projects. Corvus Belli is really shooting themselves in the foot here burning their loyal customer base like this.

#285 nil, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  6. Nuada Airgetlam

The weeks came, the weeks went, no FAQ - proper or not - materialized. How quaint.

nil likes this.
  7. Sandfurz

Sandfurz Member

It's sad, just sad. :pensive:
    Maybe you could enlighten us why it takes the Defiance Team soooo long to produce an update?
    Maybe that could help us, waiting for an FAQ, to understand why you need so much time....

*Sarcasm on*
    But Black Friday's just around the corner, you have more important business to do, like preparing your online Shop for sale.... :smirk:
    *Sarcasm off*

Time to take my hard earned hobby money somewhere else....
    Sorry CB, if YOU don't change I will never again spend any more money on your Toy Soldiers.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  8. Nuada Airgetlam

Or coming up with 5 more Kickstarters.

Sandfurz likes this.
  9. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

I think the sad reality is, like they mentioned many times - it was a one time thing, one and done - they already got money, people got somewhat quality product (since it seems that 95% of people pledged for minis), everyone is happy except a handful of toxic trolls. There's no need for further support, time to move on. Buy our new stuff!

At this point I'm REALLY curious what will be in that FAQ if it ever comes out. Judging by the time required they either spent weeks playtesting the thing or rewriting whole rulebook altogether.
    I mean, even if you appoint one guy to read the thread and write down questions one hour a week over lunch, then discuss with designers over some pizza once a month and then write down answers in the same thread that wouldn't take that long to be done with all questions. And even if it takes months at this pace, at least that would give an impression that they are actually doing it.

10. Nuada Airgetlam

I dearly hope this is just sarcastic paraphrase of CB mode of thinking. On the other hand, we've already had a few spasms from bootlickers of the "if you're complaining about quality and demanding fixes, you're a toxic troll" variety.

11. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

So... can we hope for an FAQ this year?

12. Nuada Airgetlam

Stop being so impatient and ask in two weeks. Then the answer might be a "yes" ;)

13. d_b

d_b Well-Known Member

What exactly happens when Alert 0 switches to Alert 1 during game round?

It feels like enemies should get AI and Initiative cards, but I can’t find any instruction in the rules to do.

Or, at least, enemies should continue to follow Alert 0 behavior (activation in response to attack or LoS).

RAW, AI an Initiative cards are dealt in the beginning of the round. Effects of Alert 0 are canceled, so RAW enemies don’t get to activate at all, even when they are attacked or have LoS.

What am I missing?

Croepoek likes this.
  14. d_b

d_b Well-Known Member

There are four Specialties with seemingly similar effects, all Level 4 of the appropriate weapon proficiency skill branch, but worded in 3 different ways.
    • Rifles 4 - Expert Fusilier
    • Tohaa Combat 4 - Ha-El
    • Light Weapons 4 - Burst
    • Heavy Weapons 4 - Suppressing Fire
    The idea is "gain 1 Aggro, replace Defense with unmodified Attack of your weapon". But the wording seems unclear to me.

1) Rifles L4 is worded without "Rotate this card". This looks like an oversight, but might be an intended feature.

2) Rifles L4 is worded without "unmodified" Attack Roll, just an Attack Roll. Again, looks like an oversight.

3) What exactly does "unmodified" mean in these cards? Can't add Attack bonuses from Specialties, since this is a Defense roll? Can't add anything at all, just pure Attack roll of the weapon instead of all sources of Defense (innate, Equipment, Specialties)?

4) There are "Defense Roll", "Defense" and "Defense Value" used somewhat interchangeably, although "Defense Roll" is different from "Defense Value", and "Defense" can stand for both. "Defense Value" is likely a Character's innate Defense, printed on his card. "Defense Roll" is likely "Defense Value" + all Specialties and Equipment effects. Or am I wrong here?

Q1 how these cards are supposed to work?

a) Replace innate Character's Defense with weapon Attack value, and then add relevant Defense Specialties and Equipment

b) Replace the whole Defense Roll (innate + Specialties + Equipment) for weapon's Attack value without any modifiers

Q2 Is Rifles 4 different from other similar Specialties, or it's an oversight and they all work the same?

Croepoek likes this.
  15. Sandfurz

Sandfurz Member

As it's already close to December, I highly doubt that.
    I'm not even sure if we get another Post from Koni to be "patient and understanding"...

16. Sandfurz

Sandfurz Member

The Point is, that it really seems to be only the few people here in this thread who "troll" regularly and demand a new FAQ.
    Everyone else has probably given up by now and thrown away everything non-miniature. :expressionless:

17. Nuada Airgetlam

That's for the better, I don't want to ever see another one.

Sandfurz likes this.
  18. Nuada Airgetlam

This thread's title should be changed to what it really is - "Defiance FU-Q".

Forever Unanswered Questions.

Croepoek and Sandfurz like this.
  19. Sandfurz

Sandfurz Member

True. I would even prefer a Post telling us that there will never be a new FAQ as CB has abandoned Defiance completely than to be cradled with false hopes of a coming FAQ.... :expressionless:
    I wouldn't even care for the reason, I just want to be given an honest answer so I can close the case for me personally.

20. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Or in at least make the rules available for download in a format that would allow formatting so if needed we could create a FAQed version as a community?!

Sandfurz likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation