1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance FAQ - Submit your questions here!

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Feb 4, 2021.

1. j4bberw0ck

j4bberw0ck New Member

In Mission 6 of Outcast, it says to put Saladin in the Available Units deck if you're playing solo. However, he has no reinforcement value, and I don't see anything which states when to deploy him. Can anyone clarify?

It's a bit odd that his team gets an extra character anyway, since otherwise it seems intended to be a balanced set of teams, but maybe it's because using the AI cards is a disadvantage?

2. nil

nil Member

Good point. No idea. I cannot see any instructions on how/when he should deploy at all. Or even where he would deploy since there's no respawn point. I guess you could randomly choose one of the enemy team's deployment zone spaces, but that's just me working around it.

I have no good ideas or suggestions here. Glad for anyone to pitch in. Maybe just assigning him a cost, like 3 RT or something? Doesn't really make sense to have him respawning too. Maybe he can just deploy once if there are that many RTs?

Else just ignore that line and keep Saladin out. Either way, weird one.

anaris likes this.
  3. smdvogrin

smdvogrin New Member

Had a question about Mission 12 from Defiance, about the timing of the Stalker's arrival. In the Milestones chart, it states "Round 6: If control of Engines A and B has been transferred to the Stalker at the beginning of this round, Deploy the Stalker tile". Implying that the hacking is just to flip control of the engines, then you have to survive to 6 until the shuttle shows up.

However, the hacking inputs on the Consoles seem to disagree. Both Console 2 and 3 state "If Engine A/B is also green, place the Stalker's tile and on connector in the zones enabled to do so." So by that wording, as soon as you have hacked both consoles successfully, the stalker deploys and you can get out of there, even before Round 6.

4. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

After @ZombieSashimi 's Mission 1 playthrough and finding out that Uma's Response skill affects COMBAT ROLLS (which are Attack and Defence rolls):
    [​IMG]
    Can you clarify - do BTS rolls considered Defence rolls (the ones from hacking)? Do Defence rolls from Breaker ammunition (that say use BTS instead of Defence value) actually considered Defence rolls (and thus affected by all combat roll skills)?

ZombieSashimi likes this.
  5. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Weird question: check equipment step on p.40 says that you can store Loot and Equipment cards that you don't use on Defiance. Which makes Component Recycler and Cryostorage upgrades for Defiance useless (since medkits and repair kits are loot cards). How does this work?
    [​IMG]

Also after seeing a question about D-Charges (do you need one or rebuy all the time) - I cannot find any reference to how discard actually works in this game. Is the card removed from play? Goes back to equipment deck? Respawns in a container on Defiance? Would be nice if that would also not contradict Trisha/Rahman respawning stuff.

6. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

When you jump after the 9th mission you are supposed to roll your defense against the damage from non covered engines. BUT the last engine circle has a critical attack in it which means all defenses your roll will be canceled anyway so what's the point of rolling in the first place then?

7. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You can rearrange the engines by buying a specific upgrade for the ship. With this you can cover the circle containing the critical hit.

8. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

[​IMG]
    Funny enough, I cannot find any explanation in the book what Low visibility spaces are and how they work if the shooter can see through smoke and defender can't. Can you explain that? Is it same like Aristeia with any :2: cancelled or everything works as usual?

9. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

[​IMG]
    Any news?

Abrilete likes this.
  10. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Yes, the Defiance team have a bunch of questions collected from you, players, and are discussing them and working on it. I expect give you good news as soon as possible :)

11. nil

nil Member

Please ;.;

Lucian and Croepoek like this.
  12. nil

nil Member

What happened to the FAQ later in summer? Summer is officially gone! :no_mouth:

Smeert, Abrilete, zapp and 2 others like this.
  13. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I second this question. I get that CB is probably busy with the newer Kickstarter campaign, but just because of that is crucial that right now they prove that they can support their games.

Smeert likes this.
  14. Azurecross

Azurecross New Member

Hello, I have a question regarding Aida Swanson on Core Campaign Mission 9.

The text is as following:

"As long as the Security Door is closed, Aida performs no instructions. The last Character that was Activated will become target of an Attack with Roll [3 black dice] and the Switch:

[Shield]: Add [3 stars] to your Roll, facing the targeted Character's BP..."

I am a little bit confused about this.

What happens when the Character does not have BP (for example, Uma) or cannot be hacked (Cadin)? Are they immune to the attack? Or does it mean they can't roll against this Attack?

Also just as Lucian said, Mission 9 might be able to finish in Round 1 unless there's restriction. Can you just activate Console 3 from Round 1? Or do you have to wait until Round 5?

15. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

We played with no BP = no Def Roll, its similar to Taighas with their "-" for ranged Def. Regarding Aida's attack - mission doesn't state it as a hacking attack, just attack - so Cadin will be vulnerable as well.

16. Sandfurz

Sandfurz Member

Still no new FAQ? :cry:

Thats REALLY sad....
    The last FAQ is more than 14 months old by now and we were promised a new FAQ "soon" nearly six months ago.
    And a new FAQ is bitterly needed!

C'mon CB... where is your support? :disappointed:
    You can't just put all ressources into fullfilling TAG Raid and starting a new Game and Kickstarter (Warcrow) now....
    Defiance was really expensive for a boardgame (especially for one that actually needed a Day-One Patch to even work) and the support we get is a catastrophe.

Did you actually plan Defiance as something you would have to support?
    From my experience, it seems as if you just wanted to collect some easy money from the players and then let Defiance fade into oblivion.
    Which is a shame. Defiance could be so much more and I still WANT to love it.

My lessons learned so far; I'm never gonna back another Kickstarter from you again.:confused:

#276 Sandfurz, Oct 19, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  17. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Yup. Sad state of affairs.

The game design team seems to mean well, but CB's choices, lack of commitment and follow-through as a company are entirely incomprehensible at times. I'd love to see them as successful as possible, but I'm currently not in a position to throw money after product which may or may not turn up when declared and may or may not be supported as declared.

Especially after the quality control of the previous games' rules has been dubious, to say the least. If WarCrow turns out to be a game (and later system) with Aristeia quality rules and writing and Infinity / Defiance quality miniatures, my faith in CB releases may be restored. For now, though, purely a mini company to me - and even that's doubtful if the newer Siocast quality doesn't pan out.

The quality and issues with the upcoming Chernobog will most likely be make or break for Siocast minis from CB from me.

#277 Nuada Airgetlam, Oct 19, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    Sandfurz likes this.
  18. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

After 2nd campain run I got question about Megalodron mission:
    - What state do nanobarriers start - active or inactive? I cannot find any mention on that in the description.

Don't wanna press on the guy who's probably all chained up and starving somewhere in CB's basement while working on the FAQ, but can we have an update?

Croepoek likes this.
  19. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

The FAQ or at least a hint when it will (or might) be released would be great. Please CB don’t leave us in the dark.

20. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

When a company promises backers "support" and then forces them to beg for it.

TAG Raid has not been delivered yet. WarCrow Kick is only 8 days until end and still didn't even double the asking price (asking $150k, now at $261k). So far it looks it will be abandoned just the same.

Only it will hurt even more, because once the app is abandoned and not updated, the game will be unplayable. Good luck then.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation