1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity and 40k

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by LankyOgreBP, Feb 10, 2019.

1. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

Shameless bit of self promotion:

Golem2God likes this.
  2. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Have a gander at my 4 year long conversion if you fancy: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15Hl0QCT3sihlIM0GFMYRu21_PuA4fNG6Xa_b_nOG-EA

That's the first "chapter" the core rules,
    2 is advancement
    3 is weapons
    4 is gear
    5 is markets
    6 is missions
    7 is terrain stuff
    8 is the bestiary
    9 is wych abilities
    10 is cold market stuff (for if you like being shot at by inquisitors)

There is yet more in dev such as stealer cults, arbites

It's a war and peace esq effort but it plays pretty damn well

Meanwhile, anybody played the new apocalypse yet? I'm going down to warhammer world tomorrow for somebody's birthday and that's what we're playing.

WiT?, Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  3. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

I'm waiting until I can... find... the rules so I know what it looks like. I have something like 10k points of Orks (don't know what that is as 'power level') sitting in storage I'd love to pull out.

That necromunda project is pretty intense man, wow. I'd play that over the original any day. Really impressed with the hyperlinks to rules, didn't know you could do that!

#123 WiT?, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  4. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Apocalypse is back. 10,000 points seems to be a great amount of options for playing them at that level.

5. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

And whats best with Orks is if there isn't enough, kitbash another superheavy tank of some kind to add another 1k to your list. Such a sweet faction

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Golem2God

A kitbasher's, converter's paradise. And the added comedy, quirky kulture of the species is a nice boon.

7. saint

Orks are the best for conversions case and point:
    [​IMG]

as to the new Apoc, no i haven't played it probably never will most of my 40K buddies and I don't like the look of the rules, especially the deckbuilding part.

oldGregg, qechua, Del S and 6 others like this.
  8. Golem2God

That is amazing. You have quite the creative mind to think, plan and execute this into reality. I hope the Sons of Russ don't miss their pilfered rhino.

9. saint

Oh that is not mine, I've got 100+ Guardsmen I don't hate myself enough to start playing Orks on top of that, maybe if i win the lottery and can afford to have other people paint them.

Section9 and Golem2God like this.
  10. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

That is epic!

Section9 and Golem2God like this.
  11. Golem2God

Well whoever those Orks belong to they got a good owner.

I've wondered what miniatures/models lives are like in a universe like Toy Story. What would their placement be? How would a toy's desire to be played by a human effect their lives? I guess there would be competition among them over which army/force is their "kid" is going to play with next. It doesn't matter if they aren't from the same game system, I can see competition to just be handled, converted, painted & played with. Tho it makes me wonder how bits and kitbashes feel? Other types of toys would be horrified at the miniatures'/gunplas' state of "broken"/"whole" at different times of their lives while minis/gunplas wouldn't mind in the slightest. They were made to be "broken/"built" in the same way Legos are. To Building toys and hobby toys it is just a part of life. Nothing serious to be concerned of.

12. Golem2God

Has anyone on here seen this before? I just found it not too long ago.

#132 Golem2God, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  13. Aspect Graviton

Warcor

So we played apocalypse (aka warhams 40k bulk purchase edition):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I deployed about 900 point of apocalypse we played for three hours and got about a turn and a half done, trading leman russ companies and super heavies.

It was a good laugh, the game is extremely close to epic 40k or firestorm planetfall and had it been fewer points on a larger table would have actually had some tactical merit more than 40k. The deck building system could just be thrown in the bin, I see why they did it but it basically adds no value to the game in my eyes.

If it had flanking bonuses it would be a far better game, if I was to play it again I'd suggest it.
    On the subject of toy story esq model behaviour my partner wrote a rather poingniant poem a few years ago which I won't misquote here much to that effect, mostly the confusion models felt as two laughing gods move them around, roll their dice, count their value and then put them "back in the darkness beneath the world"

xagroth, jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  14. Golem2God

Sounds like a fun read. Is this poem posted somewhere online or it was never put into digital form?

15. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Damn, so much money over that table... :cold_sweat:

Golem2God likes this.
  16. Aspect Graviton

Warcor

Eight of us all ex staff went down, four of us played that game. I was staff when apocalypse came out the first time My russ company of 10 cost £75, 3 basilisks for £25, All but one of my 4 vindicators were free. Years and years all add up.

But yeah, far too much.

It's scanned somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it out. I've prompted her to see if she can remember it.

Golem2God, xagroth and jherazob like this.
  17. saint

I've been keeping an eye on Astartes since like the second episode its pretty amazing, he does something a lot of fan stuff doesn't which is capture the inhuman speed and precision of the Space Marines.
    Didn't much care for guardsmen, but the guys animations for Helsreach where good, and he's got a job making a series for the Blood Angels now so I'm looking forward to that.

Myself personally and a large number of my 40K friends really dislike the new Apocalypse game, it has some good points such as the casualties/morale being resolved end of round but we feel its too simplified and like they've removed a lot of impactful choices from list building.

Golem2God likes this.
  18. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

I bet if you have a battlefield set up, they use it and it's an actual war going.

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  19. Golem2God

That is a possibility. The idea that life is war could be a very prevalent thought in their minds. Especially certain factions of the 40k crowd.

20. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

I'd be afraid to wake up to find all my other toys destroyed as xenos and heretics....

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation